Where did you settle?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by sam101688, Aug 10, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Satan Himself

Satan Himself Avatar

Wizards Rest. Because it's beautiful, the owners are spectacular, and there are no ordinances against nudity.

I'll also place a house, actually 2 houses, in Beran's Reach. Because it's beautiful, the owners are spectacular, there are no ordinances against nudity. Also, the mascot is a bear, and my dog is named Bear, so .....

Seriously folks if you're looking for a place to live these towns have wonderful active owners and guilds. Wizards Rest has secured a spectacular location right next to Owl's Head in the Hidden Vale. Snowy biome. Meanwhile Beran's Reach, also a snowy biome, sits atop a hill not far from Brittany and is among the most active and oldest groups in SOTA.

Skizz, majoria70, Cally and 8 others like this.
  2. Ogarious

Ogarious Avatar

I'm a wandering soul, so.....nowhere. :)

Tahru, GraveDncer and Time Lord like this.
  3. Snoferret

Snoferret Avatar

A) Spent a lot of time running all over the map and getting lost for hours.
    B) Had three lot staked out in Brittany Alleys and on my selection window they were all gone. Right now settled in Northwood.

Tahru, LoneStranger and Time Lord like this.
  4. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I literally spent every release living in different towns to see what I liked the best. I was really conflicted because there were a couple of spots in Britanny central that I would've taken but they were snapped up pretty quick, so it really made my decision easy. I'm now residing in an island PRT and I have a plan that I hope doesn't get destroyed by someone grabbing the lot I'm waiting to get in group 91.

5. Retlaw

Retlaw Avatar

I had many spots marked as favorites but wasn't in an early enough group to get them. However, that forced me to look in towns I wasn't otherwise considering and ended up with a great row lot in Ardoris. Now if they would only raise the outdoor deco limit by a little ... :D

6. Fain

Fain Avatar

Elads Lighthouse! Fantastic location, community is already growing plus...

We got the Lighthouse! The famous lighthouse that was burning uncontrollably during the earlier releases.

Apollo31, Tahru, Kaisa and 2 others like this.
  7. Caradin

Caradin Avatar

Brit fields. Love this map. Feels like home Basically I chose the place for the looks and warm feeling.

8. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

I can vouch for this :rolleyes: I've been peeking in his windows and recording for my new, "SOTA Chicks Gone Wild YouTube Channel" o_O

Wizards Rest
    The Caverns Under Neath
    Dooms Den
    The Time Tunnel
    The Bear Tavern

and many other places yet to be discovered in all our economic zones ;)!'
    [​IMG]
    The Time Lord is mobile, going nation wide
    Have Tardis Will Travel :cool:!'
    [​IMG]
    ~Time Lord~:D

9. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

Spite was my choice. Right by town exit, not surrounded by other lots. Still a lot of great properties there, especially since RG musings gave us some hope.

10. Lasazarr

Lasazarr Avatar

Graff Island.
    Because the Town Lots in Britanny and some other interesting Towns has been all gone, it's near the Graff Gem Mines (the coming Mining Utopia), and in the neighborhood of the Drachenfels community ;)

But my Castle will be placed in my PoT Gladsheim, the home of my Guild "Hanseatic League of New Britannia" (commercial break :D)

Tahru and Time Lord like this.
  11. kennfusion

kennfusion Avatar

I thought I was going to settle in Elad's Lighthouse....but my favorite spots were gone a day ago. And then yesterday, I was scouting other towns and realized that Eastmarch uses the same map....and I really like that map....and my dream spot from Elad's was open in Eastmarch. So then I checked the neighbors out, and saw that Siouxsie Sioux lived across the path from my favorite village spot there. And since my in-game name is Ziggy Stardust, I saw it as a sign that Siouxsie Sioux and Ziggy Stardust should live by each other....

tl;dr: Eastmarch! Lot's of amazing spots left in high visibility spots.

Tahru, Kaisa, Ronan and 1 other person like this.
  12. Edward Newgate

Edward Newgate Avatar

will it? iam not sure about that

Iam in Aerie great outlook over the bay of aerie and on the castle.

13. LoneStranger

LoneStranger Avatar

Brittany Fields, around the corner from the main gate to Central. I'll be a little shack between giants. Not my first or fiftieth choice, but it's done. I started to panic when a guy ran up with two minutes to go, but I just spammed the combination to claim until I got it. Now I can go to bed.

Tahru, Jatvardur and Time Lord like this.
  14. Elay

Elay Avatar

I'm in Harvest, I've taken one of a block of 4 village lots next to the main square and the main road.

I chose it because I wanted something fairly prominent for my vendor and I knew I wouldn't get that in the bigger towns, also, I like the fact you have to pass Harvest to get to Norgard so there's the chance of some footfall.

15. sam101688

sam101688 Avatar

I am bunking with a friend in Solania at the moment, most likely will place in his player town when that is set up. There is so much to explore!!

16. ldykllr

ldykllr Avatar

Elad's Lighthouse here. I scouted all around but ended up settling on that. I like the layout and I'm close to town center, the ferry to Central Brittany, and already met some nice neighbors :)

Apollo31, Tahru, Kaisa and 1 other person like this.
  17. Aimend

Aimend Avatar

My other half and I have a lovely little spot in Brittany Fields, complete with carrot patch and a stunning view of the big tree; a great vendor spot in Brittany Alleys, and we will have a wonderful location in the PoT Beran's Reach.

18. Kaisa

Kaisa Avatar

I placed mine in Elad's lighthouse on the river leading to the waterfall. I saw a post recommending it so I decided to take a look. I was specifically looking for a waterlot and found a great spot with a nice view. It is a little ways out from the actual town but not too far of a run. Then I have a scene exit fairly close by so getting to Brittany or the other areas around only takes a few minutes.

Apollo31, Tahru, Fain and 1 other person like this.
  19. Valdor

Valdor Avatar

Brittany Fields by the horse farm. I like the space and this has always been my preferred location for a NPC town. I'll be placing my Town lot in PaxLair though and that will probably be my primary location once everything gets up and running.

Time Lord, Tahru and Jatvardur like this.
  20. PrimeRib

PrimeRib Avatar

I couldn't figure out how to leave my little corner of the map so I settled for whatever the city was in the newbie zone.

Time Lord and Tahru like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.