Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Pretty pleased with this release

Discussion in 'Release 32 Feedback Forum' started by Isaiah, Aug 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Isaiah

Isaiah Avatar

I've played this one a lot more than the past few. Even with some of the early access bugs and some unpolished stuff (that we were warned about) this is really fun.

I'm enjoying the pace of skill gain, and building up as a poor dude. I do have the bonus hlof having done some research and listening carefully that helped put some things together but I think any path works.

I'm definitely enjoying the crafting and since I have no real experience in this I'm way behind the curve but I'm trying several crafting trees and once we learn the recipe it is way easier to make the item again. For instance it was a challenge to make my first rock maple wand because I had to make sure I added the exact ingredients (i didn't buy recipes), but after first making one Inmade another the next day quite easily. This really seems to simulate learning the craft. I think it is a better experience than buying the recipe.

THE ONLY THING THAT SHOULD BE IN BY NOW AND IS SORELY MISSING ... MAGIC WORDS OF POWER

Magic is fun for me, but one big problem.... the spells are in english. We really need the magic words ... flame fist ...
    ignis suis or flammeus pugno or whatever.

It could say flaming fist in the description but we need words of power in new britannia.

2. treehoofer

treehoofer Avatar

Magic word of power...YES! Giant icons that block my view constantly....NO!

3. Isaiah

Isaiah Avatar

I'm half joking because there are lots of immediate things that need addressing but words of power are great. What if they were simply audible (male female voice)?

Although I like seeing the glyphs. That's all I like seeing, do we really need UO style words over people's heads? Auditory and visual queues pertaining to words of power as the spell is being cast maybe. So even if it is interupted we see magic in the process kind of like the recall and teleportation.

I really like the thread about enchantments glowing. Maybe the end result of enchanting visual effects can be used for spell casting as well. I think they can do a lot more with these effects. Words of power is sort of a lore thing and looks good in a spell book and other spell descriptions and books talking about magic. Although I would not be disappointed to see the spell caster speak the words hovering over their head too.

4. EtherBunny

EtherBunny Avatar

The only change that I would want, or at least the only thing that bothers me currently (only talking bout casting here), are the animations. Actually, scratch that, "animation", notice how there is no "S" on the end this time. There is only one animation for every spell, and that animation is the straining constipation while standing animation.:mad::confused::oops:

majoria70 and Baalice like this.
  5. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

They are coming!

Richard revealed them in a previous Postmortem. Here is the SotAwiki article on them!

Black Tortoise and StevieD like this.
  6. Isaiah

Isaiah Avatar

That's awesome Jayson. I loved that about ultima magic. The single animation for spells doesn't bother me too much @EtherBunny it isn't a high priority to change this minor thing at this timr when there are major goals to be met. So my request is a bit silly but knowing that these big things like story and optimization etc are ahead. However it is cool knowing this is ultimately planned as well.

Browncoat Jayson likes this.
  7. Isaiah

Isaiah Avatar

My point is they really have done a great job with this thing so far.

Bow Vale likes this.
  8. kazafk

kazafk Avatar

This seems a great thread to give the devs some huge thumbs up!
    Took me some summerish holidays and fully enjoy them beeing in Novia all day long, cause the game shapened up awesomely before and a even lot more with this latest release. It great to see how things come along, thanks for making this game!

StevieD likes this.
  9. Black Tortoise

Black Tortoise Avatar

Kal Vas Flam!

10. Bow Vale

Bow Vale Avatar

I'm having a blast as well. I haven't been this taken with a game for many years. Its causing me lack of sleep and lateness of assessments for uni...Today i MUST not play until i have completed a final year assessment due next week or I'm toast...But after i have, then its back to the game world.
    The more i play and interact with the world the more i see how well thought out many aspects of it are actually. Nothing is perfect yet, but from my experiences in all aspects of the game i see great potential for this game and world, because that's what it is, to be forever ingrained in my game playing memories. As much or more so even than UO or EvE. To me that's a big win.
    There is niggles here and there but nothing that cant be ironed out and polished but the general approach to the game, the environments, the detail in areas the player has to look deep at to be rewarded with some nugget, even the scenes which i thought were a weak implantations of a totally open world are reinforcing my initial hopes these dev's know what they are doing. I said somewhere a while ago that they aren't gods or geniuses, well they seem to be proving me wrong and I'm very glad for it.

StevieD likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.