Seeking Residents - The Gigalopolis of Beran's Reach

Discussion in 'Player Owned Towns' started by Vallas (Beran’s Reach), Aug 6, 2015.

1. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

http://www.sotamap.com/
    Keep this link in your favorites and never be lost.... (unless you're looking for a particular underground POT, because those aren't listed) ;)
    Berans Reach community is highly approved by the Time Lord, as the Bear Tavern is my favorite place for finding good friends and fun :D
    ~Time Lord~:rolleyes:

Gabriel Nightshadow, Budner and Tahru like this.
  2. Merchant Mike

Merchant Mike Avatar

I am so stuck on the map. I can get to The Harbor and from there to a couple of Island towns. Cannot get to Brittany in any way I have found yet. So the adventure continues.

Tahru and Time Lord like this.
  3. Merchant Mike

Merchant Mike Avatar

I made it to Beran's Reach and am quite happy there. Next time in I start learning to craft. I have a row house just outside the gates that lead towards the entrance to the area.

4. keldonlighthand[BEAR]

keldonlighthand[BEAR] Avatar

The tavern has been placed, not yet open.

We still have plots for anyone that wishes to reside in Beran's Reach all are welcome.

Have a happy day

Mhtic, Time Lord and Tahru like this.
  5. Merchant Mike

Merchant Mike Avatar

Once I have mastered some small part of this game I will be looking for some form of employment.

Time Lord likes this.
  6. keldonlighthand[BEAR]

Beran's Reach is open to all, come in and have a drink at the bear tavern.

7. keldonlighthand[BEAR]

Good welcome to all and to all a good welcome. We of the Bear Tavern would like to introduce you to where the neutral is, as asked in the latest dev hangout which is the Metropolis of Beran’s Reach.

Let me start with a little bit of history. The bear tavern was created by a group of people who wanted to have somewhere in game where they could meet and enjoy the company of friends and friends yet not met, without the worries of in game politics a place where enemies could be friends. So as the game grew it started as a small tavern building to much larger abode to finally grow into a city, which we felt was still to small and asked the devs for something bigger. Which you all know that they listened and the grand metropolis was born.

Now for Beran's reach.

Beran’s Reach has been created to be a player's haven of fun, rest and good company, though there is also a little bad company (budner) but this can be fun too. A place where players and guilds can gather for entertainment, business and Justice without the worries of politics and rivalries.

For in Beran's Reach we have much to see and do. When you first enter and make your way down the hill to the walled centre, you will pass the crafting centre which is open for all to use.

To the north of the wall we have the Beran’s Reach Courthouse, a place where you can settle your disputes peacefully with in a neutral court. We are filling a few more magistrate positions from across the player base to help make this a truly neutral court with no ties to one guild or organization, if you wish to apply please see Astors post here. The courthouse is also available to celebrate formal events such as weddings, guild promotions, etc.

Though of course if you don't want to be so peaceful we also have Victory Arena where you can settle your disputes a bit more forcefully. Also Victory Arena is open for event like the first Bear Tavern Beast Brawl on the 12th November find out more here.

Of course Beran's Reach is also a place where people meet, we have many other guild presence here from EVL and PaxLair embassy to the Bards of Poets Circle, where all can meet and enjoy the Bear Tavern and the other drinking establishments like Silver Gate Inn, even the more risque ones Budner's Lounge. The Bear Tavern is open for events to be held there from other guilds/parties. Be they big like Shooter Jennings album launch or the famous Bear Tavern Brawl.

For your business pleasure we have many crafters and vendors selling their wares and services all across the metro from the market to the arena to the residents own dwellings, from Aimend's Dyes and Curios and Fenrir's Magic Wands and Tools to the Wacky Note our music emporium. We endeavor to help you find everything you need here at Beran’s Reach.

So come in, rest your weary heads, have a drink and chat to friends or meet friends you haven’t met yet. Come to the home of neutrality.

Come to Beran’s Reach.

8. Vallas (Beran’s Reach)

Vallas (Beran’s Reach) Avatar

Ladies and gents! We're a little on the full side, however we've got some space for those interested in a bit of company. Feel free to have a look at the OP, or get in touch.

V

Time Lord likes this.
  9. Vallas (Beran’s Reach)

Just a quick nudge to say that Beran's Reach is very much alive and well! I'll be updating the OP today with the latest details. :)

10. Vallas (Beran’s Reach)

One and all! The fine Metropolis of Beran's Reach has space for budding merchants and residents alike! We welcome all to come and visit us. Should you have any specific requirements, please contact me direct. :)

11. Vallas (Beran’s Reach)

Status update: 18 June 2017

I've recently updated the map of Beran's Reach so that it's accurate in-game and is suitable as a navigational aid in-game. Plotting out the walls was a labour of love, however after hours of work we just about got there!

There's been a fair bit of work since the last update. The crafting centre has been moved to the South East section of the walled city. The Courthouse has moved to just south of Beran's Reach itself, with the adjacent row houses becoming prime magistrate offices. Additional row houses have been placed along the Eastern wall, clearing the road to the Eastern and Southern gates, allowing easier access across Beran's Reach proper. We've moved the tavern a little to the left in order to better align with the entrance, providing a much grander approach. We've reorganised the market area to expand on player housing, moving NPCs to a small set of awnings to the East of the market square. Additional work has been done on Victory Arena to create a small bar and awning area, to prepare for future events.

The map below shows the current map of Beran's Reach and the surrounds. We've unlocked all the areas in green which are free to claim, for anyone either looking to establish a home or set up shop. If anyone has any special requirements, please feel free to contact me direct either via PM, The Bear Tavern website or via our Discord channel.

All the best,

V

[​IMG]

12. Vallas (Beran’s Reach)

Open city plot added to northern village. A perfect little spot for a local guild quarter!

Leostemplar and Time Lord like this.
  13. Vallas (Beran’s Reach)

Welcome Atticus Gryphonheart and the establishment of Gryphonheart Goods in Beran's Reach!

14. Vallas (Beran’s Reach)

Map updated on SOTAmap.

Leostemplar and Time Lord like this.
  15. Vallas (Beran’s Reach)

Afternoon all! Following an extensive redesign, I'm pleased to announce that Beran's Reach is bigger and better than ever! Plenty of spaces within the walls, both for luxurious houses and shops and businesses. Any questions, just ask.

V

16. Vallas (Beran’s Reach)

While many stories and tales are told of its origins, it is questionable that anyone truly knows the origins of Beran's Reach. As ancient as time itself, since the dark times it has served as a refuge from the great cataclysm and subsequent calamities that have befallen the people of New Britannia. Bardic tales tell of a great clash between an ancient foe and a hero of great renown, from whom The Reach takes its name. While stories vary greatly in the telling, nearly all agree that the Metropolis was founded upon the great riches taken from the great beast when it fell. The fate of Beran is a contentious topic within many taverns and inns across the domain.

Situated within the mountains of Regalis, Beran’s Reach has steadily grown over the millennia to form the cosmopolitan metropolis it is today. Calling scholars, merchants, soldiers and adventurers, fed on stories of adventure and glory in the wild North, Beran’s Reach serves as a nexus for those seeking adventure, as well as a new beginning for those seeking a fresh start in a realm where few people ask questions. The home of Northmen, dour and rugged yet quick to aid and slow to judge lend to The Reach’s reputation as a place of refuge.

A cultural and economic hub, its shops and bazaars boasts a wealth of exotic goods from all over the known world. Its craftsmen are masters in their respective trades, renowned for producing some of the finest adventuring equipment to cope with the harsh, unyielding climate. The Bear Tavern is a local landmark and sits at the heart of the community and provides valuable information, a place to congregate, or take in finely crafted beer exclusive to the region.

A Traveller's Guide

---|---​

The home of The Bear Tavern, the Metropolis of Beran's Reach is a major settlement on the road to the frozen north. Situated in the centre of the region of Regalis, Beran's Reach aims to provide a living, breathing world for both residents and those that visit. Designed as a free and open settlement, Beran's Reach is an ideal choice for anyone wishing to make their mark on the edge of the world.

There are a number of factors that make Beran's Reach a fantastic place for any aspiring resident:

Location - [click here for map]
    • Remote, yet a stones throw from Brittany. Bean's Reach is placed in a spectacular position with clear views across the region. Despite the feel of being in the wilds, its location is a short 40 second unobstructed jog to Brittany, one of the map's most populated areas.

• Good neighbours. Beran's Reach's location puts in close to a number of major settlements, including Rift's End and Falling Waters Fortress, fellow members of the Bean's League. You'll be sure to encounter friendly travellers while out on the road.

• Close proximity to resources and hunting areas. Beran's Reach is situated close to a number of major sites, right next to the Serpentspine Mines and Ulfheim's hunting area. The Grannus Colossus, an amazing group hunting area is less than a minute's walk.

The design of Beran's Reach

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

One of Beran's Reach's main draws is it's design, key details as follows:
    • Snow, lots of snow. Beran's Reach is one of the few towns to embrace the snowy mountain biome, in line with its growing narrative as a settlement in the wilds of the north. The terrain offers good opportunities for decoration and design, particularly those of a more adventurous disposition!

• A complete walled city. Beran's Reach is one of the few cities that employs high walls that encircle the entire inner city, giving it a striking look against the harsh winter backdrop. Enemies aren't getting in.

• We've been doing this for a while. Bean's Reach has been in design for years, as a result we've worked up a solid town design that maximises the space within the walled city to give everyone an opportunity to live there.

• Plots free and ready to claim. We've done the hard work, now you select where you want to live. Virtually all plots can be free to claim, so feel free to try them out and see what plots work for you. If it there, use it.

• Want something custom? Just ask. There's bags of space outside the walls of Beran's Reach proper. From row houses to castles, we're open to accommodate requests and provide everyone a chance to live here. Simply get in touch.
    Business and Services

Aside from its location and design, Beran's Reach has some further big draws for anyone looking for a home:
    • A big central market, perfect for businesses. Beran's Reach has a big central square with great visibility and access from the town entrance. A good choice seeking an affordable place to kickstart their business empire.

• Free accommodation. For those who can't quite pull together the money for their first home, we provide free accommodation at our local inn. For a room, please contact myself.

• Accessible devotionals. A good mix of devotionals, as well as an Oracle, right next to the town entrance.

• An active Discord community. We've got a diverse community across multiple timezones. In order to keep the conversation going, we have an active Discord community. Want to either get in touch or hang out? Come chat with us at: http://www.discord.gg/H9b5mC4
    Comments or questions? Simply get in touch and I'll assist you as quickly as possible.

All the best,

V

17. Vallas (Beran’s Reach)

The tavern's currently undergoing a major rebuild, with the hope that it'll be up and running in the new year. However, the township itself is very much open for business!

There's plenty of lots available, here's the current availability:-

1x Castle
    3x City
    7x Town
    22x Village
    Many Row

All are set to be free to claim, so, feel free to get involved! Stake your claim today!

18. Kailef

Kailef Master Bard

I've hung my hat in Beran's Reach for quite some time now, and I've found it to be a great place to live. The city itself is pretty cool, with the central portion being entirely walled in. It feels like a legitimate city that belongs in a medieval time period. It is, among many other things, the home of Poets' Circle, the guild whose members were responsible for the creation of most of the music in Shroud of the Avatar. I definitely recommend stopping by for a look.

19. Andartianna

Andartianna Avatar

Great city, citizens and Governor. Plenty of prime vendor lots still available. I've had an outpost in town for quite some time. They also have weekly adventure outings on Sundays starting around 2pm NBT each week.

20. Leo LionHeart [BEAR]

Leo LionHeart [BEAR] Avatar

Beran's Reach has been my home for quite sometime. It is a great place to live and has some excellent places to visit within a short walk.

I currently run Berans Reach Crafting Center, which located within a Founder Baron Home on a city sized plot in the merchant quarter. I am in the process of saving up enough gold to start a raw material exchange vendor so we have a place where people can buy / sell their crafting resources for a fair price.