Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Archery Class is OP

Discussion in 'Release 32 Feedback Forum' started by Infineon, Aug 13, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Infineon

Infineon Avatar

it's pretty obvious, Fix it.
    Reason? try to see the top player, they all will b archers.

Net likes this.
  2. Scoffer

Scoffer Avatar

Where do you see top players?

3. PrimeRib

PrimeRib Avatar

I chose archer because the starting NPC tells you that it's the only story that's working.
    Perhaps I should switch as to not be confused with a top player.

4. BiggieD

BiggieD Avatar

I chose archer bcos it's a class I usually play in table top rpg's and love it. Certainly not bcos sime people believe it's over powered etc. I'm certainly not a top player, and no doubt never will be one.

5. Vallo Frostbane

Vallo Frostbane Avatar

Archery and air magic are broken for month now... nothing new here. When the nerf bat hits lamentation will be great.

6. LoneStranger

LoneStranger Avatar

I've always played a ranger/archer/sniper type player. It's what I do.

7. Jynx

Jynx Avatar

I'd like to see this list of top players?

I'm an archer for the same reason I'm an archer in every other game. It's the way I play.

8. MeddlingMonk

MeddlingMonk Avatar

Sure. Archery is over-powered. The bunnies all fear me (everything else, not so much).

9. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

Thank you, I was feeling blue and these posts made me laugh! :)

10. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

Funny thing that last week or so, there was a thread talking about archery is too weak.

Keep in mind that in this game, people can train any skills, so "top players" may have everything.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2016
  11. Xail

Xail Avatar

A more detailed and informed post about the reasons you think archery is OP will be appreciated...

12. KuBaTRiZeS

KuBaTRiZeS Avatar

My guess is that the OP is talking about PVP.

There's a difference between PVP and PVE, those are the enemy stats. Archery damage output is great, but what mostly hinders it is fighting enemies with high dex, making you to miss those attacks that could destroy your enemy. I guess that in PVP most players have the same stats (being all treated like another innate) so the missing factor is not quite relevant, so only the enemy destroying hits are there.

A good tip for dedicated archers is to raise Dexterity as much as you can, since it's the stat that will control if your attacks hit or miss. Also it's better to use Free attack instead of auto attack since the latter is just a waste of arrows, while the former allows you to release max charged attacks for more damage.

13. GraveDncer

GraveDncer Avatar

Just an opinion, and you know what they say about opinions...

Montaigne and Oba Evesor like this.
  14. Edward Newgate

Edward Newgate Avatar

strange at the moment sword fighter demolish every thing :)

Sara Dreygon and Stahlknecht like this.
  15. Oba Evesor

Oba Evesor Avatar

Archery feels OP only because they have nerfed the heck out of Mages and Melee.
    Its also one of the few trees that can essentially be ran alone. There are enough attacks in Archery to fill a deck, and there is no attunement associated with it. So archers just need to worry about leveling that tree and maybe a couple spells and heals.
    Where as for my spells to be effective my attunement in that school needs to be high, like 70+ high. Since mages must do this in more than one tree to be effective it makes a much harder class to play, early on anyway. Unlike archery I cant rely on just one tree, magic needs spells from a few trees, and I have to get all those attunements up.

I dont think Archery is OP, its just an easier early game class. They can all be built fairly well, but I do think the other two combat styles (melee and magic) need some love again.

Net, Ice Queen, Mykll and 5 others like this.
  16. Ajacied1987

Ajacied1987 Avatar

Archery is just single target damage ;)

17. Bow Vale

Bow Vale Avatar

Spot on! Archers have a hard time levelling compared to mages with aoe and i have seen plenty of melee get in situations where they are ganged up on and will win/survive. With an archer you have to keep moving and hope that another archer doesn't get on your blind side, with two of them you close on dead in not time. It is a good 1v1 for pve, and i imagine later in pvp, archers will find many plate/shield wearer they just cant wear down, they might not lose as they can keep distance but wont have the damage output to beat them.

18. Liavain

Liavain Avatar

I started as an archer, I'm currently a Fire Mage. I kill things (PvE) a LOT faster than with archery. Do I miss being an Archer? OF COURSE! Do I wish I could be an Archer again and actually kill things? HECK YES!
    I wish I was as good an Archer as a several hundred year old Skeleton Archer that can, at most, three shot me. Perhaps that is the issue. As was stated above, DEX plays a HUGE role in Archery. Perhaps too much.

If you don't want to be killed by archers, stack DEX to insane amounts.

4EverLost and KuBaTRiZeS like this.
  19. Traveller13

Traveller13 Bug Hunter

There is a difference between story and class. The Love story line is the one line that is fully fleshed out. A ranger, with archery as the skill, is the default class for the story line. That's an issue I have with the wording of the conversation at the beginning of the game. Anyway, you can pick up weapons from each of the four offensive schools at the starting scene in Solace Bridge. That is exactly what I did, trying sword and just yesterday switching to pole arms.

The archer enemies in the game make short work of me right now. I can handle one with ease, two with difficulty, three or more ends badly for me. I'm in full plate. I may as well be wearing nothing when going against archers.

As for player archers... I saw one of the top player killers in a prior release (Chris posted a thread with their names) three kit kill a large red spider with a bow. That player then challenged me to a duel. I declined as, at that damage rate, he would have on shot killed me. No thanks.

Black Tortoise likes this.
  20. Spinok

Spinok Avatar

IMHO:
    1) All high level "archers" are mages.
    2) On high levels - DPS from archery is uncomparable with DPS from Air magic in PVE (Due to AOE)
    3) On high levels - DPS from archery is uncomparable with DPS from Air magic in PVP (Due to high level target can have to 70 damage resistance which works on archery but dont work on CL)
    4) Yes it is VERY powerfull combination - archery+airmagic, but mostly not becouse of archery. When you have 1000+ points in magic tree, magic becomes very strong. And archery is used in general to cause fizzle opponent spells and add some DPS.

Now I`m building archer without airmagic, and with each level I doubt in this idea more and more... Based on my understanding now - best way for my build: it will be hard to kill me, but I`m not be able to kill high level target at all, worst way is: will be easy to kill me and I would not able to kill high level target at all. Best way to tank now is tank by DPS :(

It would not help you really ) Before wipe I had 100+(almost 110 generally at night) Dex and only way how I was able to tank 4+ advanced elf archers was DPS rate and stun from CL. Also buffs on damage avoidance work much better than insane DEX :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.