Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Please remove teleport scrolls

Discussion in 'Release 32 Feedback Forum' started by Poor game design, Aug 13, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Womby

Womby Avatar

I suspect boat travel (other than to POTs) will at some point acquire a cost.

Tahru and KuBaTRiZeS like this.
  2. Gurney2

Gurney2 Avatar

Looks like BDF wants to remove everything in the game... I dont see the point of this

Dantuin, Lady Cind, FrostII and 3 others like this.
  3. Ancev

Ancev Avatar

Is the nozone feature working yet?

Tahru likes this.
  4. Aldieb

Aldieb Avatar

Interesting discussion, and in my opinion valid points from several directions of the discussion.
    Personally I would like to see teleportation stay in some form until there is something better replacing it. People have different amount of time to play and spending a lot of time to travel to your group is not that fun. I do however agree that there should be measures to stop abuse of teleportation and several measures suggested should help in my opinion.

1) Add decent cool down timer between teleports.
    2) Only allow teleportation to party leader, while still open to some abuse as someone pointed out it at least forces people to talk to each other. Recall can work as it does now with only one bind point allowed.
    3) Teleport/recall scrolls should not be available from NPC-vendors nor should it be a beginner alchemy recipe. Require something like 80 in alchemy to make them. Might even consider adding a gold or silver ingot to the mix (preferably after I leveled high enough to mine them ;-)). This might drive up the prices of the scrolls a bit but still make them affordable and you have to find player vendors to actually buy them from unless you are prepared to invest time and experience into alchemy.

Tahru and Roycestein Kaelstrom like this.
  5. LiquidSky

LiquidSky Avatar

There is no reason to change it. There are no 'exploits'. Nobody's game is going to be ruined because somebody teleports.

6. Duke Death-Knell

Duke Death-Knell Avatar

I actually have never used a teleport scroll. But my vote would be NOT TO remove it. If you don't like something DON'T USE IT!
    Please leave them in the game.

Dantuin, Lady Cind, FrostII and 3 others like this.
  7. Lord Gorynych

Lord Gorynych Avatar

Leave Teleports alone!

I'm not going to spend half an hour walking to my party members.

If someone wants more "immersion", just fork SoTa to hardcore mod a la DayZ, add hunger, sudden diseases, broken limbs and enjoy wasting the whole day crawling from Ardoris to Soltown to finish a single quest, and then spend the rest of life to progress sota.

8. Nhili Dragon

Nhili Dragon Avatar

No please.

9. GraveDncer

GraveDncer Avatar

Don't nerf someone else's play style because you don't "like" it.

People have jobs, people have lives, people don't like having to run control points or run loading screens or do things that add little to no value to the the short amount of time they have to play the game. Teleport scrolls are a great way to bypass some these issues, and provide a great tool for economy building.

If people don't like the gateing/teleport function that's a been a mainstay of MMO's and RP games for decades there is always single player mode, friends only and /nozone

Don't push your style on me and I won't push mine on you!

10. Leostorm

Leostorm Avatar

THERE JUST NEEDS TO BE A TIMER ON TELEPORTS!

but seriously bdf is correct that some measure should be done.
    I dont think they should be removed, but there should be at least a 30 mins timer on use.
    so you could tele then recall, to go somewhere and come back.
    But then there should be 30 mins before you can just jump around again.

I called for this when the scrolls were made, and it was just looked over like people werent gonna spam the hell out of them and thus defeating any regional economics.
    I mean i know many that sat at stanley on day 1 and friended basicly every single person that zoned in. just needs that timer.

Tahru and Lazlo like this.
  11. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

Actually the entire economy is being ruined because of it. It's one thing to recall home, that's limited. But it's another thing entirely to be able to travel to and from wherever you wish, avoiding control points and removing time from the distribution of your goods and services.

This isn't me "not liking it" it's me calling out a problem with the design of the current game. If you want an inflationary economy where the regions don't mean anything and all goods and services are but a teleport away, you can't later complain about "how high the prices are" and "my crafter isn't special" and "I don't like that no one goes to my player vendor even though I make good cheap products" later.

This is about game balance and what's best for individual crafters.

Gadfrey Zukes likes this.
  12. LiquidSky

LiquidSky Avatar

There is no 'economy'. It's so cute that you think there is though.

You may not have noticed, but the 'currency' in game is gold coins...and they are infinite in number.

13. Leostorm

Leostorm Avatar

This is a joke right? you mean crowns or coins?

14. GraveDncer

GraveDncer Avatar

Your taking an ability "you" don't like and applying most extreme solution "Please remove teleport scrolls" and by doing so you are hoping to impose your play style on those that like the teleport function. If the crafters want a solution they can raise the prices of the Teleport scrolls. Its a player run economy let the players run it.

15. Leostorm

Leostorm Avatar

COOLDOWN TIMER...

comon people its freaking obvious/logical

Gadfrey Zukes and Cordelayne like this.
  16. Berek

Berek Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Let's not get carried away here, everyone has access to the devs ears. I'm listening to you right now after all :).

17. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

I am talking about reg forum users vs dev + access. I do thank you for all you do though. Pm me if you want more to the story .

18. Berek

Berek Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

As long as it doesn't contain unnecessary drama, I would love to hear it :).

For everyone, anyone can gain Dev+ access, no one is denied it. It's not a special group in the way some seem to want to project it.

Back on topic please! Sorry for temporarily derailing the thread.

19. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

Please message me my deleted post for discussion

20. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

That's not really how a player run economy works. It's not a union or a price fixing scheme. :)

I don't disagree, but it begs the question, how long should it be?

If you generally like to load up your pockets every hour, than a 1 hour cool down isn't going to disrupt your normal abuse of the scroll. If we make the cool down every 4 hours, which would be the most effective, the decision would be met with cries of "that's not fair, I couldn't play with my friends that got off work 2 hours after my other friends started playing".

That's why I favor a system that charges an incremental fee per use, over a period of time. So the more you abuse it the more it costs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.