Where did you settle?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by sam101688, Aug 10, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sea Hunter

Sea Hunter Avatar

Brittany Wharfs is where I made my home.

Saosis, Time Lord and Tahru like this.
  2. Jace3

Jace3 Avatar

I got beat out at the last minute on the 1 remaining village lot in Brit Fields. I was waiting on a guildie to log in but he was late in doing so and I lost the spot. Now I reside in the beautiful upscale town of Dorwald. If you happen by give me a wave and we can drink some ale on the deck of the local pub.
    So I guess everything worked out for the best.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2016
    Time Lord, Audacity and Tahru like this.
  3. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

I freaken love the positive attitude of the majority of players. Everyone has their moments, but all and all, I could not be prouder to be part of this community. I am not spiritual, but I am praying for the success of SotA. This whole land rush could have gone off many times worse. While it is never awesome to read stories about people not getting what they want, to my surprise, most are just as positive about what they got. And it's no wonder since there are more good places than players. :)

4. Jace3

Jace3 Avatar

To me it is a game and meant to be enjoyed. As in RL if you are always looking at the negative you miss much of the positive. :)

5. Arthur Ironfist

Arthur Ironfist Avatar

-The Wanderers

Time Lord and Tahru like this.
  6. Arthur Ironfist

Arthur Ironfist Avatar

Aerie because I thought it would be a town of ladies in just undies! ;)

I like the layout, it reminds me of my home town in upstate NY. I like that it's a port town and has several boat hubs to Ely and Et mines. The community here seems cool as well.

Shade Cido, Time Lord and Tahru like this.
  7. Ogarious

Ogarious Avatar

There ya go, now all I need to do is get this on a ABC file and I'll be all set. So far I've managed to procure myself a lute and Flute. I wonder what instrument it would play best on solo...... :p

Time Lord, Tahru and Arthur Ironfist like this.
  8. Ajacied1987

Ajacied1987 Avatar

Finchfield next to Brit graveyard, the POT designer really has a creative spirit, fabulous looking town ^^

9. Audacity

Audacity Avatar

I love seeing these posts and the town specific ones! It makes me want to create a Map of the SotA stars homes and go visit everyone. (TOTALLY NOT STALKING.... well, maybe just a lil stalking but in a super friendly sort of a way.)

10. Fain

Fain Avatar

Will Sotamap be updated with our lots now? Seems like there's a spot to do it!

11. gweniver

gweniver Avatar

Is there a list somewhere yet which details which towns share layout templates?

Tahru and Time Lord like this.
  12. Xi_

Xi_ Avatar

Jade Valley

13. Kenryuu

Kenryuu Avatar

I went mainly for strategic placement.

- Owl's Head (village)
    If you head right immediately upon entry, mine is the walled up crafting pavilion with the dual mills. Feel free to use the founder expert tables anytime! My thought is that Owl's Head will take a back seat in the long run. It is however the Quintessential alpha/beta test scene and will always be important or have special significance in the game.

- Bramble (village)
    This scene is not finalised. I put a lot here mainly for strategic purposes. It is next to one of the many entrances of The Rise, and sits on the gateway to the Northwest. Might be a useful location in the long run. Recalling to this lot will allow characters easy access to the central part of Novia - including Resolute which is just a short way off to the North.

- Port Graff (village)
    This scene is not finalised. I can't wait to see what has become of it in R33. My lot is the second village land lot alongside the river. I will make it a combined agriculture/crafting spot. This is my gateway to the Northeast.

- Etceter (town)
    Mine is the first town lot on the left. Etceter is supremely central. It is in close proximity to multiple resources, and being a small scene, loads rapidly. I plan on deploying multiple greenhouses on my lot for agriculture. Select crafting stations will be put in place too.

- Ardoris (town)
    My lot is the one immediately next to the docks. Supremely positioned for quick travel anywhere. While I don't like Ardoris for the long load times, it is an important city, and is a gateway to the South. This location will be set up as a proper residence, probably in the form of a Houseboat.

- Storm's Reach (keep, village, village)
    The keep on a hill overlooking the bay is where I have set up. The view is beautiful, and it is a relatively isolated spot. I will make this my primary retreat. While it takes far too long to travel to for practical purposes, it will the little piece of Novia I call my own. I hope that they make air travel by hot air balloon a thing!

Last edited: Aug 24, 2016
  14. Azur

Azur Avatar

15. Shade Cido

Shade Cido Avatar

I managed to grab the best lot on a nice Island PRT right next to Elysium Mine, a Town called Nesoskia. Lovely quiet town (I was group 32 and was the sole inhabitant for days) with all the facilities right by the entrance. Location wise it's perfect, got a lovely view of the bay, can walk right out of my house and the bank/smith/alchemists are right next to it....only issue is lack of foot traffic but I wasn't looking for a vendor spot but somewhere to live.

It's one of those hidden gem PRTs that not a lot of people know about, especially given its location right next to Elysium mine (exit town you can enter twin hills without even moving).

Don't like the town name much though so I just call it (along with my guildmates that live there) 'Shadesville' :)

Last edited: Aug 15, 2016
  16. Skizz

Skizz Avatar

Wizards Rest because I love the snow biome, the owner and neighbours are really nice, It's peaceful and near Owl's Head ~ ♥

17. Toff

Toff Avatar

I always had my eye on Kingsport and I was luckily (Pledged up enough) to grab 1 of the 3 town lots. Kingsport should always have good traffic for trade and it's a port town with a quick boat ride to Brittany Central or a short walk to Owls Head. I also like it because it's virtually lag free being a small town.

Time Lord, Tahru and 4EverLost like this.
  18. gweniver

gweniver Avatar

I moved into Celestis yesterday and was able to get the row lot that was my first choice! The bank, crafting stations, and trainers are all in one close area. It also takes less than a minute to walk from the entrance to where the other row houses are located.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2016
    Hazard, Spoon, Ronan and 2 others like this.
  19. helm

helm Avatar

Luckily I got my first choice - a lot in Pericaliya, which is a beautiful island PRT near Aerie. The ferry to Elysium is right next to its boat so it's conveniently situated too, besides being pretty.

3dmark, Phiedrus Oliva and Tahru like this.
  20. Phiedrus Oliva

Phiedrus Oliva Avatar

Just did it.

I have just unclaimed a lot in Brit Alleys some minutes ago. The land rush fun just was not being that fun any more, no point for me to spend another 5 minutes there.

I will use my deed to claim empty rows as I travel, and spend a couple of days in whatever neighborhood I land on.

When I get tired I'll come back home at Breaker's Landing to have a rest before my next adventure.

3dmark, Saosis and Tahru like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.