Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Archery Class is OP

Discussion in 'Release 32 Feedback Forum' started by Infineon, Aug 13, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MagiK

MagiK Avatar

And if you were comine at me with a pole arm in real life Id put three arrows into you before you got in range Id say its about right, except ti takes from several to many arrows right now to take down most targets and they still get within club range.

2. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

[​IMG]

Hornpipe and Oba Evesor like this.
  3. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

All Opinion, I just started my Mele guy and he has it easier in some areas by far, the moveing of the ploayer hurts but it is MUCH easier to fight Melle than an Archer.

Soooooooooo

4. Traveller13

Traveller13 Bug Hunter

In real life, archers hid behind men with swords and pole arms, or were up someplace where no one could get to them. As opposed to the game where they run around the same area with everyone else. I'm right up on archers, on top of them in fact, in the game and they still shoot arrows.

5. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

LOL, I wish that were the case. If I could, I'd change my name to Sir Missalot.

KuBaTRiZeS likes this.
  6. Infineon

Infineon Avatar

If all say that is not true, that Archery is not OP and Mage's are... I SAY ! let's bbbbbbbbbbring the numbers (but wait, they remove it; dont know why..);
    I need the Stat resume, normal and easy for read and compare.
    I present you the resume from diablo 3: Tadaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa ! (If Diablo 3 can make it)

[​IMG]

Ok skills had they resume and what they do, not the best description but at last they try...

MagiK and KuBaTRiZeS like this.
  7. Malchor1

Malchor1 Avatar

Archers in PvE are unbalanced. 2-3 Enemy elf archers can wreak havoc by slowing you and doing large amounts of damage far away or at point blank range. Plus you dont seem to disrupt their arrow attacke when you hit them and sure do absorbe a ton of damage.

Vendetta likes this.
  8. Black Tortoise

Black Tortoise Avatar

Ive only barely experimented with archery, and it was like R28, and I already was close to GM bludgeon. However, from what I have heard everyone else say, Archery is under powered. This is the first Ive heard of it being overpowered.

Whyterose Flowers likes this.
  9. BiggieD

BiggieD Avatar

I was probably one of the peeps who commented on that bcos I was really struggling to get to grips with archery. Mainly due to bow range and constantly missing my target.

I've since crafted a hard maple bow at +1 and invested in more of the archery skills, and I'm totally blown away now. I absolutely love my archer. I go through less arrows and hit more than ever before. My bow's range is better too.

Is there a way to better the stats on my bow, by adding things to it etc ? Thanks

10. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

It used to be good, then they nerfed the hell out of it.

4EverLost likes this.
  11. Sara Dreygon

Sara Dreygon Avatar

I'm actually due to be hit with a nerf stick and I'm melee... my bugged sword especially needs a nerf ;).

4EverLost likes this.
  12. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

Air magic has already been nerfbatted hard enough, the stuns have been reduced dramatically, the costs have been increased dramatically - its very inefficient now. That combined with the supernerf to the only viable means of increasing focus regen and the across the board spell cost increase has made magery a lot more challenging to do well - focus is gone pretty quick and archers/melee can easily outlast and crank out more consistent damage over a much much longer period. If you're seeing overpowered archers its because they've likely got the best of both worlds - burst power from a mage and the ability to still deliver heavy crits with bow attacks once that focus is gone.

However every effective build has things you can do to counter it. I'm tired of seeing things nerfed because people don't know what to do to defend against it so just cry that its too powerful.
    When PvP starts to interfere with PvE it ruffles my feathers.

Hornpipe, Xail, Snazz and 1 other person like this.
  13. Gix

Gix Avatar

That's a lie. The "working" part, that is...

14. MagiK

MagiK Avatar

No you are thinking medieval Europe, not every archer in hisotry had ranks of swords men in front of them during a Battle. :)

15. MagiK

MagiK Avatar

I like the stats presented by diablo.

16. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

Ive seen firemages walking 12 large spiders arround rocks using aoe now thats op.

Archers do well enough but if you really want to talk about op its those melee clases you can play for free. Mage and archer clases burn gold for resources and once they are out because they can only carry so much do to weight requirements. Between regs and arrows I spend 300 gold every time I go out, and I always have to cut my trips short because im outta something 50 stacks of arrows leave you near encumbered and they run out fairly quickly.

Melee guys have no costs and dont have to leave thier houses encumbered just to hunt and they dont have to leave thier party or thier dungeon to restock..... Thats op!

17. Snazz

Snazz Avatar

It's all about not being a one-trick pony. And the skill system allows for a huge diversity in what you specialize in. Add gear/deck swaps and it's even more versatile.

I tend to make hybrids that are quite self-sufficient. Leech, some plate, some burst and a crazy aoe that scales by the amount of victims laying at my feet.

Picked up Air before, but they definitely nerfed stuns and increased focus. Playing around with the synergy of death and chaos currently.

18. Jasper8282

Jasper8282 Avatar

I'm a former "Melee guy". There are definitely costs. In one single 3 hour trip to a mine, my Meteoric Iron Longsword and Meteoric Iron Shield goes down to 0 durability. Not to mention durability hit on my armor. Repair kits have a cost to them, more if you aren't a blacksmith...

19. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

I think one of the most frusterating things about archery is when ever I do group stuff I cannont carry enough arows and keep up because of being encumbered. On many if not nearly all I have to run out of the dungeon and run to someone selling arrows, often this happens more than once. So while my group gets to stay and kill/loot im running back and forth reatocking. A swords man or woman can carry 2 or 5 swords I can only carry so many arrows and thats with the obsidian postions.

This adds up to alot of down time, and yea my bow breaks very often i usually go threw 4 repair kits on a run so I have the same costs +arrows +regs+ massive down time.

@Jasper8282

20. LoneStranger

LoneStranger Avatar

It sucks having to take 20-30-40 stones of arrows. If my small group didn't fight areas with archers and loot the arrows, I'd have been screwed a few times. I've been able to get some late resupply from them so I don't have to bail. The only plus is that they usually end up diminished, freeing up carrying space, but it's hard to gauge it so you don't run out but don't carry too many.

Mykll likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.