Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Guild System to Fix Many Woes.

Discussion in 'Release 32 Feedback Forum' started by Ravicus Domdred, Aug 17, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

R32 Feedback:
    PvP. I recently have started a thread on PvP and have been searching for ways to make pve more comfortable with pvp. There has been a lot of the old back and for banter as usual. No one wants to give an inch.

I would like to formaly request what meaningful pvp will be in the future of Shroud of the Avatar, from the Dev's standpoint. I have asked the players what they expect but it goes from all colors of the spectrum on the response. PvP has been neglected for a long, long time now and its hard to find active pvp players, at least in the world pvp scene. Its pretty much non existent besides scheduled events.

I proposed a plan in the past to Portalarium. I requested that the UO style guild warfare to be implemented. This would allow guild warfare to one on one guilds without flagging themselves for the overworld. I also would like to implement a ROE system (rules of engagement) that would allow selective looting rights for the warring guilds. Guilds and allied guilds would be subject to the ROE contract for the terms of war. Looting rights could be set from "no looting" to the broad spectrum of "full loot". This would be a contract signed at the declaration of war between the two warring guilds (and allies). Guilds that are helpful could take in new players and teach them pvp mechanics and war other guilds with the "no loot" setting in the ROE contract. This would help new players learn PvP without risk really, except repairs or such.

This system would also allow Role Players to perform stage shows and performances, even role play pvp without hindrance from being flagged from open world pvp. This would allow Tournaments to take place without griefing. This would solve the PvE player owned town problem of hosting pvp events in them, as they could use the guild warfare feature to do the tournaments. I strongly urge the review of this system as it would be very beneficial to all of Shroud players.

This would also help the hard core pvp guilds as you could set the ROE to full loot. Its a win win. Please consider this Portalarium.

@Duke Avery , this could possibly be the solution you are looking for for you PvE town PvP tournaments, as it would only flag a guild vs guild tag instead of open world pvp. You could use 2 different guilds for warring purposes as to not have any outside pvp griefing.

@Time Lord , @Lord Baldrith , you guys could do your stage performances while flagged in guild vs guild mode and not be flagged for the overworld, this would let you attack each other and not be flagged for griefer pvp'rs.

@Abydos , FULL LOOT! :p
    @Mugly Wumple , @Bowen Bloodgood

Last edited: Aug 17, 2016
  2. GreyMouser Skye

GreyMouser Skye Avatar

I fully support these ideas. It would make me play PVP.

3. Gideon Thrax

Gideon Thrax Avatar

+1

Definitely liking this.

4. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

Good ideas. Repetitious thread.

5. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

Thank you! I agree.
    Please spread this your friends so they can decide if they like this idea. It would be good to have a strong community push for this. I sincerely think this would help your pvp tournament situation. :)

6. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

I was just told in another thread that this might be something coming from the dev direction for guild wars. Not sure if it is or not but that would be awesome. I apologize if it is already being planned. @Chris

7. Vallo Frostbane

Vallo Frostbane Avatar

As a pvp player I dont like your idea. I wouldnt like to see full loot in this game anymore since everything gets balanced around the oracle ransom system it would be ok for me to just have that.

however I think the war system in itself is ok. I had a similar idea but the thing is no guild will in the end accept a war and there will always be drama about it.

I think guilds should flag themselves as pvp... so people can declare a one sided war with a wager. The winning side obtains a nice decoration item to show their superiority... further down the road we could have more complex systems.

it still would be consent. But it would be more dynamic. Your system is also a neat idea.. but in the end if I am a guild of real good players noone wants to fight me.. just like it is now that somehow needs to be adresses as well.

Ravicus Domdred and Time Lord like this.
  8. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

I believe in economic zones, seasons, ebbs and flows of reasons...

Economic zones warfare through PvP guild control? Our economic zones could become enhanced through our drops within all the differing economic zones, creating an entire world battle map of contest. For the PvE'er, every zone remains the same in drops, yet to the PvP guild, they need control of that economic zone in order to gain more through the drops. Such control could take the form of having a "more constant presence" within that zone. Yet when such a constant presence is not maintained, or not fulfilled enough over a length of time, then that zone slips back into being contested and only offers normal drops at PvE levels. Such Pvp guilds would also need to maintain a certain number of members within their guild, which could determine the skull level of controllability. Such a system seems complicated, yet controlling anything is complicated.

Seasons could come and go, where those areas once controlled could fall back into anarchy on a seasonal basis. This would make it more difficult to maintain such a controlled economic zone, requiring the PvP guild to "work" for what they wish to control. To those not controlling such a zone, this means far less within all drops within that area they don't control. Those lesser drops would be far below the normal PvE levels, which means only the devoted PvP'er guild could maintain control and retake control when the seasonal chaos of anarchy returns.

It's just another idea that has a bat's chance in hell of being adopted, yet maybe it will stimulate others to offer better solutions, which the OP of our @Ravicus Domdred suggests we make or modify to the base idea when it comes to what we wish our PvP to gain encouragement from.

We can ridicule such ideas until eternity, yet offering something is far more helpful for stimulating PvP more robustly into our world with an encouragement for the player to do so.

+1 @Ravicus Domdred !
    ~Time Lord~;)

9. Grave Dragon

Grave Dragon Avatar

This is true consensual guild warfare which I support 100%. Please implement this as it would add desirable meaningful PvP for the masses in a fun and fair environment.

+1 Ravicus

Ravicus Domdred and Time Lord like this.
  10. Retlaw

Retlaw Avatar

In this proposal would individuals of the guild be able to opt out of any such warfare? I love the fact that many guilds and members of are setting up various PvP events, but I have no interest to participate in any of them.

Womby, Time Lord and Ravicus Domdred like this.
  11. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

I honestly forgot about that, and I know that it is a great concern. I wonder if they could implement a setting for for this. They could have a toggle that could be "citizen" or "warrior" that would allow you to be in or opt out of your guilds warring. This would 'in my opinion" have to be a toggle that could not be used lightly though as to not abuse the off and on of the warring. Maybe make it so you cannot turn it off or on during a war, but only in peacetime. Or at least have a cooldown on it. Great question though as this has come up in the past. It definitely needs to be addressed. :)

12. Retlaw

Retlaw Avatar

I think that would be most fair to all. +1 to all the above with this addition.

Womby, Time Lord and Ravicus Domdred like this.
  13. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

One thing to note: This system would be overwritten if the players enter a "pvp" zone. The pvp zone would have to take president flagging everyone for open pvp of course.

Womby, Katrina Bekers and Time Lord like this.
  14. Baalice

Baalice Avatar

+1. It's more fleshed out in this post and it definitely offers feedback to the needs of PvP. I really like the idea of rules of engagement. No one's stuck with any single set of rules. It creates customization for each war scenario that can fit the needs of most anyone. Something like that added at a base level has the potential for additional options over time. I would be interested to try it out. When I do or did PvP, I preferred the group or 'army' type scenario rather than soloing and usually getting run over by a well formed group. LOL. But yea, this is something that could help integrate PvP into the larger world rather than only specific zones. Great ideas.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2016
  15. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

thank you. I do think this system offers the best for all parties. From new PvP experience to seasoned veterans. Its all up to how you set your looting rights. PvP would be able to benefit and the stage performances would love it also! @Gabriel Nightshadow

16. Miskabel Terferra

Miskabel Terferra Avatar

+1 from me too, really good ideas

Time Lord and Ravicus Domdred like this.
  17. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

Thank you.

Time Lord likes this.
  18. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

If anyone would like to expand on this it would be great. I was thinking about this again last night. Imagine if you combined this with factions. This would make it even more meaningful. Your guild could fight with the kobalds or the elves. Maybe even with the satyrs or undead. This would provide areas that could be like strongholds for one faction and it would be hard to overcome this. Your guild could fight along side this faction and help them defend the stronghold or could fight against another guild at really difficult odds to try to overtake the stronghold.

Time Lord likes this.
  19. Katrina Bekers

Katrina Bekers Localization Team

Great idea, +1 Rav!

One aspect not touched, which should be fleshed out as part of the package, in this brainstorming phase:

External help

How your plan will carry out with regard to:
    • Someone in party of a warring guild member healing/buffing the warring guild member
    • Someone healing/buffing a warring guild member that's also open PVP flagged, so it can receive external help
    • Resurrection of warring guild members by people not in warring guilds.
    • Any other external form of help by non-warring characters toward warring guild characters.
    I think there's a good solution for every scenario, to keep the war fair, balanced, exciting. But we must find every scenario, or else nasty loopholes will remain open.

Womby and Ravicus Domdred like this.
  20. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

Thank you for this feedback. I do have some ideas off the top of my head but give me a little bit of time to organize my thoughts ;) Just waking up haha.

Katrina Bekers likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.