Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

NPC Town interaction switch noise (maybe) is super loud

Discussion in 'Release 32 Bug Forum' started by zyxe, Aug 7, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zyxe

zyxe Avatar

I searched and couldn't find anything on this and wasn't sure in what subforum to place this, so here you go:

1. Title: NPC Town interaction switch noise (maybe) is super loud
    2. Reproduction Rate:uncertain (often enough to report, but I cannot create the issue myself)
    3. Blocker?No
    4. Details:When running around town, a super loud sound like a switch to open a gate is heard intermittently when I'm somewhat nearby but not very close to switchable gates. I've heard this in Owl's Head and a few other towns. It doesn't sound like a player power, but since I don't know where it's coming from it could be from anything, really. It sounds more like a switch to a gate (or some kind of trap) being engaged, but it's actually quite loud. I've heard it when it didn't seem like anyone else was close, but not being able to pinpoint the noise means that I can't help much with what it actually is. All I know is that it's really loud and annoying and only happens from time to time.
    5. Steps to Reproduce:Just walk around town and it'll happen eventually.
    6. User Specs:OS Windows 7 Ultimate // GFX nVidia 880 GTX mobile // 16GB RAM // CUP i7-4910MQ@2.90GHz
    Apologies for the lack of detail, but if other players have had this experience perhaps they can help build the bug case :) Whatever it is (gate switch, player power, anything), it's too loud.

2. Serafina

Serafina Portalarian Emeritus

@zyxe The next time you hear this, could you open up chat and type "/loc" to get the coordinates, then paste it in a reply here?

3. zyxe

zyxe Avatar

Will do. I'll try and gather a few samples, I'm still hearing it from time to time, but am also wondering if it's possibly a player's power or another interaction. Either way, it is still rather loud.

Thank you for your reply!

4. Serafina

@zyxe I think we may have finally been able to repro it internally. Sorry if it's been ruining your ears all this time!

5. zyxe

zyxe Avatar

@Serafina thank you for checking it out! And just in case, I compiled a list of locations, including times, for which I've heard the noises. There are a few different ones but here's information in case that helps further:

"zipper" noise 8:31am EDT
    Area: Owl's Head (OwlsHead) Loc: (68.9, 87.3, 248.9)

"switch" noise 8:47am EDT
    Area: Owl's Head (OwlsHead) Loc: (83.6, 71.4, 59.1)

"switch" noise 8:48am EDT
    Area: Owl's Head (OwlsHead) Loc: (76.9, 71.1, 54.8)

"switch" noise 8:51am EDT
    Area: Owl's Head (OwlsHead) Loc: (122.4, 71.8, 66.9)

"switch" noise 10:25pm EDT
    Area: Owl's Head (OwlsHead) Loc: (95.3, 63.2, -205.1)

double "switch" noise 10:57pm EDT
    Area: Owl's Head (OwlsHead) Loc: (104.8, 63.6, -227.6)

Edit: Of course I forgot to put the date in, I believe these are all Saturday 10/20. For shame, I know! :(

6. Serafina

@zyxe Out of curiosity, what kind of headphones do you use?

7. zyxe

zyxe Avatar

I use Logitech H360, USB connection. But I should not have been using them in the morning when some of the noise was observed, I use stereo desktop speakers. My boyfriend also hears it in-game the same time I do when it occurs and our characters are nearby. He often uses some kind of Sennheiser earphones with his desktop computer.

I've been trying to identify if other players are in the area using some kind of power that sounds like a switch, too, but results have been mixed (sometimes it appears that I am "alone" in an area but of course there may be someone doing something that I cannot see).

This sound isn't the worst thing in the world, it's just been odd.For some reason, it doesn't seem as loud as when it first started occurring, but I could also be used to it so it's not as surprising :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.