1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

'Dawn of New Britannia' Trailer Submission Thread

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Berek, Aug 4, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jaath Windsong

Jaath Windsong Avatar

2. Rhiannon

Rhiannon Avatar

Looking at all the entries, I have to say: we have some insanely talented folks among us! The videos they created in a very short time with limited resources. WOW! And of course, I am extremely proud of my guild I lucked into. I can't claim one ounce of credit but I stand very strongly proud with my guildmates. Looking forward to spending the next few years getting to know these folks better and enjoying my tiny piece of paradise they share with me.

Good job to all those who entered and good luck!

3. Ice Queen

Ice Queen Avatar

Nice job!

4. Bubonic

Bubonic Avatar

Thanks very much! :)

Time Lord, Krohon, Doctor and 2 others like this.
  5. Doctor

Doctor Avatar

The trailer contest has allowed many of us to be creative and take the leap forward to do something artistic and entertaining for others to watch. Yes it’s amazing that there are thousands of dollars’ worth of store credit and merchandise that will be awarded and of course anyone would love to win for all the efforts made the past few weeks, yet I feel rewarded already by you lovely avatars.

I’m new to recording and editing. I’ve barely done anything in this field of work. I feared to accept a challenge that puts me up against experienced and professional video makers. Video after video posted made me feel less and less capable of developing something good and acceptable.

But why am I scared? Sure they have great videos and sure I might not win… But I could? So it’s worth a try right? Of course it is.
    Yet the biggest thing that continues to make me happy is how friendly, supportive and willing the community is to help me produce and publish my video.

I couldn’t play Shroud for months. A few in my guild assisted me in improving and upgrading my PC so I could be here now with you all.
    I didn’t know what recording and editing software to use for the trailer and avatars such as Womby, Amber, Ember and a few others helped guide me in the right direction.

Most of the scenes needed avatars, costumes and pets to be filmed. I asked around and guilds from AR to 4B and Bear and of course the Caverns came to my aid and allowed me to use their resources without question.
    And the few in the TS I hang out in, dealt with all my chaotic outbursts and complaining and continued to help support me.
    Thank you.

Just seeing what the community can do when they have a contest once in a while is astonishing. I hope you all continue to create awesome videos, stories, songs and so on even without contests.
    You are all winners in my opinion. If it is just for the rewards or to help showcase the game or both, it will prove to be important for all new players to come.

The best of health to you all.

Title: An Outlander's Journey
    Description: A SotA trailer made from the love and support of the community.
    Why I created this video: To get a good steady supply of alcohol.

Video link:

Last edited: Aug 21, 2016
  6. Ember

Ember Avatar

@Doctor Wooowww! Your video captured SO MANY facets of the game in so little time! :eek: Well done!! Love, love, love the titan statue shot and the dev hangout.. uh.. tidbit. :D Well done!!! *standing ovation*

Time Lord, KuBaTRiZeS, Krohon and 3 others like this.
  7. thedenial

thedenial Avatar

Very impressive we have so many talented people we have here.

Time Lord, Ember, Krohon and 2 others like this.
  8. Net

Net Avatar

Okay, I would like to say something smart, but after three sleepless nights in a row working on this I cannot see the difference between smart and dumb. I was surprised that even with my limited time with holidays and such it proved a challenge to squeeze the video into 3 minutes. I have material for 5 separate trailers and ideas for few more:D Huge thanks to my guildies helping me out, especially @Jynx and @x_Selene_x, they worked hard day and night to help me meet the deadline!

Title: Experience Shroud of the Avatar
    Description: A showcase of the main gameplay aspects.
    Why I created it: To win the harcover book, of course:) And to have some good time with guildies, it is nice to take break from the grind and do something fun.

9. tangar

tangar Avatar

My trailer for contest:

Title: TOGETHER in Shroud of the Avatar
    Description: Show beauty of SotA to your friends and relatives, husbands and wifes, girls and guys! :) Be together with your kin in danger and joy of this New World! Adventures awaits!
    Why I created video: To share fun of playing SotA :)
    YouTube link:

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 21, 2016
  10. Selene

Selene Avatar

I Love it!!! What a cute idea!!!

11. Doctor

Doctor Avatar

Most creative thing I've seen! This is hilarious and unique. Always wonderful to put humour into the mix. 10/10.

Ellrynn, Bow Vale, Time Lord and 4 others like this.
  12. Womby

Womby Avatar

Awesome! Love it!

Time Lord, Doctor, Ice Queen and 2 others like this.
  13. Net

Net Avatar

Really great work everyone, so many awesome, informative, and fun videos. I love this amazingly creative comunity.

Ellrynn, Time Lord, Doctor and 2 others like this.
  14. Ember

Ember Avatar

This was so clever! @tangar your actress was absolutely lovely! ♥_♥

Time Lord, Ice Queen and Krohon like this.
  15. Krohon

Krohon Avatar

I almost did not upload the trailer, after looking at so many masterpieces presented on this thread.

But, while the video is still unfinished, I took a different approach: I try to sell the game and not the trailer itself.

I wanted something shocking, that might interest teens. Frankly, no idea if the goal was achieved, but my daughter like it.

Enjoy, if you can!

16. Rebelweasel

Rebelweasel Avatar

Truly adorable. I think if we could tighten up the lady's voice so it doesn't have the echo in it, I would vote for it as my personal favourite of all of them simply because it's original, and so light-hearted!

17. Thexedor Markhamm

Thexedor Markhamm Avatar

I don't envy Port's job tomorrow. Lots of unique presentations! It's interesting to see how many different takes there are on this game. A real testament to the game itself, and the community's imagination!

18. Asclepius

Asclepius Avatar

Couldn't agree more. The entries are all outstanding, and represent many hours of work and dedication - and each in its own way highlights this wonderful game. Hearty congrats and good luck to all - I also am very glad that I'm not a judge - it won't be easy!

19. Thexedor Markhamm

Thexedor Markhamm Avatar

You know what beats talent every time? Passion. You got it, brother. :)

20. Fionwyn Wyldemane

Fionwyn Wyldemane Avatar

Title: The Prophecy Unfolds (Final)
    Description: One avatar's journey of exploration and discovery.
    Why I created this video: It has been a dream of mine to make SoTA fan films. It is my hope that this short trailer reflects my love of the game.

***Errggh..had to make a few edits. This is final version :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.