Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

On-Going Login Crash

Discussion in 'Release 29 Bug Forum' started by Kitty2, May 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mach.usa

mach.usa Avatar

I don't have steam account, but I would create if its sure work on steam ?

2. mach.usa

mach.usa Avatar

I just bought game 8/20/2016 but it crashed on me right after I type user name /pass and click login... AMD here but my pc passed the game pc requirement but somehow I have this problem....so anyway
    I followed this instruction but doesn't work for me , am I doing anything wrong here ? I have this error when I followed above solution .

" Failed to load PlayerSettings (internal index #0).
    Most likely data file is corrupted, or built with mismatching
    editor and platform support versions. "

jammaplaya likes this.
  3. jammaplaya

jammaplaya Avatar

having the same problem you are. sorry to say that I can't help, except to say that I've tried literally everything. run as admin, compatibility, sfc scan to see if windows system files were bad, but they're fine, hard drive is fine.

I'm also AMD so that might be the issue.

Ill wager like me, you can run the single player offline, but nothing else.

EDIT: I also followed the instructions you did, but alas got the same error you got.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2016
    mach.usa likes this.
  4. mach.usa

mach.usa Avatar

They could atleast say something to us to make us feel better lol like sorry for this problem we trying to fix it so try to be patient for a while zzzz .T his problem been here since April could warn AMD user then rest is up to us if we gonna go buy this expensive game T__T and risk the problem cant play online....and this game gonna be live soon ? imagine how many people will have our problem...
    And btw, I did same as you do too, I even create steam account and play through steam since someone suggested to try it and nada...so so frustrated cant play online.

jammaplaya likes this.
  5. jammaplaya

jammaplaya Avatar

so frustrated indeed, lucky for you you found this thread, which i couldn't even find after typing in 'login crash'.. before spending two days doing everything imaginable to make something work that never will.

mach.usa likes this.
  6. mach.usa

mach.usa Avatar

well game should be live tomorrow or next day ? they will do some maintenance for sure to wipe out stuff right ? maybe after that something good will come out for those cant play online...hopefully so until then I am gonna try not to whine too much ...oh Yeah I found out this website after I bought the game yesterday and installed and crashed ;S I am playing offline atm ...anyway set aside this crashing topic for sec....is there a way to control the camera movement ? I have it all the way down and still I have problem...when I tried to move my mouse a bit I cant control it in middle view...it either look in the sky or in the groud, I am still at the start, it makes me dizzy... my opinion Jade empire game have better control setting than this game and its an old game T__T

7. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

The game will not have any more wipes. It isn't finished, but there are no more wipes.

Press tab to switch between camera movement modes.

8. mach.usa

mach.usa Avatar

what no more wipe ? then what they gonna do with us cant play online ? T__T are we able to access the items we get from signing pledge if we play offline ? one of the control setting says can use mouse to move I tried but seem don't work , and thanks a lot for help...my husband stop touching his game after he cant play online so I cant really ask him, he have AMD computer too , he wont be happy if he find out no more wipe out maintenance in few days lol he was waiting for that hoping this crashed problem will get fix.

9. enderandrew

There will still be maintenance, new releases, you'll get your pledge items offline in the next release, etc.

It would be nice if we could determine exactly what this online AMD bug is.

Did you build your own computers or buy them? Can you post your computer model number and specs?

10. mach.usa

mach.usa Avatar

I will try download this game on my laptop see if it work

anyway here is my pc info : I bought it

AMD A8-6410 APU with AMD Radeon R5 Graphics 2.00 GHz
    installed memory Ram :16.0 GB ( 15.7 usable )
    System type : 64-bit Operating system, x64-base processor

is this what u want to see ? not sure ..I'm not good in computer lol ..I usually just click download game ,install and play so if there is problem its a pain for me .

11. enderandrew

That was very useful!

Thank you!

12. mach.usa

mach.usa Avatar

back to game for sec xD you said I have to press tab to toggle cursor ? I tried press tab and the cursor switch to like big cursor like sword or something but it goes back to like this
    \ /
    o
    / \ yuck I cant draw but something like that...as soon I stop press tab..so I'm like stuck to the screen that moving up to the sky view or in the ground...I cant even enjoy the view or where I'm heading , so dizzy..I about to look for oracle lol took me to long just to move to that part because of the screen T__T and I cant move mouse to move either T__T

Last edited: Aug 21, 2016
  13. mach.usa

mach.usa Avatar

I can play online on my laptop lol but my laptop is 4 yrs old and its for work only, it overheat so fast T__T

my laptop info :

Manufacturer : Hewlett-Packard
    Model : HP Pavilion g7 Notebook
    Processor : AMD A6--4400M APU with Radeon (tm) 2.70 GHz
    installed memory ( RAM) 4:00 GB
    system type : 64-bit operating system x64-base processor

and no lag !!!! lol

14. Kitty2

Kitty2 Avatar

Hello,

The AMD APU concern is one of which Portalarium and Unity are both very aware. It is an issue that Unity needs to repair within their engine, and to my understanding, is nearly resolved pending bug-removal of the engine update.

In the interim, the wonderful dev BurningToad has been working with many of us to use a "workaround" that allows us with this issue to still play online. For some odd reason, we cannot play online in Windows 64-bit mode, but we *can* play online in Windows 32-bit mode. To do so, we just have to replace 2 files in our SotA game folder. The current up-to-date files can be found here in the Release 32 Bug Forum thread on this issue: https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...avatar-exe-error-at-launch.55834/#post-610125

Trust me, this has been an ongoing source of frustration for so many of us! My count is over 20 folks alone who have posted on the Forums here since this all started since R26, so I can't imagine how many people have just tried to play, gotten angry, and deleted without reaching out! Give the 32-bit workaround a try, and don't give up just yet. It's a great game and a great community to join!

Humbly Yours,

mach.usa likes this.
  15. mach.usa

mach.usa Avatar

Thank you!!!! thank you !!!! your the best xD I click that latest error fix and it work phew !!! I did this yesterday but I used the error fix in page 1 or 2 I think but maybe it was an old one..Someone need to put sticky subject about this problem with solution for every new player that is so lost with this problem

Last edited: Aug 22, 2016
  16. jammaplaya

jammaplaya Avatar

ok, I thought we tried this already. I guess those files we dug up from an older thread were out of date?

Edit* Yeah, they must have simply been out of date. From May this year. Because this totally worked! Thanks @BurningToad and please make a new thread and sticky it with those files and info!!

Edit Nov 19th /2016 here are the latest 32 bit files: http://patchserver.shroudoftheavatar.com/sotalive/SotA32BitR35.zip

Last edited: Nov 19, 2016
    mach.usa likes this.
  17. mach.usa

mach.usa Avatar

Hey you guys, are you still able to play with the new release 33 patch game ? my game keep repatching everytime game close so had to replace over and over if not I get mono error something.

18. jammaplaya

jammaplaya Avatar

the problem for me is that the patches keep catching me by surprise through steam, so I'm not able to replace the 64 bit files into the folder before patching. Then I get mono.dll error when I try to open, and I have to uninstall/reinstall the entire game and then replace the 32 bit files before it will work again.

So yes, the 32 bit files still solve the problem but if you update without putting the 64 bit files back in the folder then you'll have to do a full re-install :(

@BurningToad is there a place we can constantly check if there's an update before trying to play? That way we can check to see if there's an update before trying to run the game.

mach.usa likes this.
  19. Kitty2

Kitty2 Avatar

It's a pain, but if you go to the SotA Main Page, check the "About" Tab, then click "Release Patch Notes," you can see if there has been a new patch released and what changes are in it, and what bugs still need to be repaired.

That said, it is a pain, and requires us to keep track of the latest patch at all times. What say you, Sir @BurningToad ? Can we perhaps create a sticky thread somewhere that:
    1. contains a link with the most up-to-date Windows 32-bit workaround files
    2. keeps us up to speed on the Patch updates, or at least directs us with a link to that Release Patch Notes section?
    I know it's a pain, and you've been wonderful through all this, but that would be amazing to help us until Unity finally fixes this mess once and for all!

With the greatest of appreciation, always humbly yours,

mach.usa and jammaplaya like this.
  20. mach.usa

mach.usa Avatar

Yeam mine running again now, I am so laggy though lol...I am trying to get to hidden vale but I just coudnt figure out how . The boat where people says where it is, I couldn't find it...I saw POT something name of boat in same spot where they said it is but it doesn't say "to hidden vale" so wonder if I am in wrong spot or what.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.