1. All post bodies concerning Shroud of the Avatar player to player transactions or services are limited to this section of the forums. Unwanted solicitation in other sections of the forums or via chat or private message is prohibited, and could result in account restriction or ban. Posting more than once per week within your own thread, "bumping" it to keep it on top, bumping within a week of the first post, and daily replacing a post with a new one is also considered spam and is therefore, prohibited. Bumping is allowed once per week, if the new post contains information that is meaningful to the original thread (i.e. price updates).

Activities that involve real money exchanges between players are not allowed. Account transfers are not supported. Items purchased in the SotA Store, such as Pledge and Bundle Rewards, Add-Ons, Stretch-Goal items, and Player Owned Towns, as well as services that can be immediately fulfilled in-game (such as renting existing in-game property or items) are the only permitted exchanges in the Player Marketplace.

Be sure to include the types of payment accepted in your post [In Game Gold, COTOs/Crowns, or in game item trade]

We will not restrict exchange of goods but we will not officially endorse these exchanges due to liability issues and staffing bandwidth. No in-game or chat based real money exchanges are allowed. Exchanges are at the players own risk and governed by the Terms of Service of whatever third party platform. Catnip Games reserves the right to restrict any activities if they cause widespread issues for our community or if these activities involve exploits of any kind.

Announcing: The New Britannia Yellow Pages

Discussion in 'Vendor Locations & Misc Services' started by Womby, Aug 15, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Womby

Womby Avatar

Barring any problems, I expect to start printing copies of the first issue of the Yellow Pages within the next 24 hours. I shall make an announcement here when they are stocked in the vendors at the two bookstores run by Vyrin and myself in Aerie and Central Brittany respectively.

Acred, Ulrich Alpenglow and Spoon like this.
  2. Womby

Womby Avatar

The first issue of the Yellow Pages is now available for 2g/copy from Vyrin and Womby's bookstores in Aerie and Central Brittany.

If you need more than one copy, you are encouraged to purchase one copy and duplicate that for distribution. There is a printer available for public use in the small room behind the counter in the Central Brittany bookstore. You will need to supply your own blank books.

I apologise in advance for any typos or other errors or omissions. Please contact me by private message on the forums if you are a victim of my incompetence, and I'll make sure that it is fixed in the next issue.

The publication took more effort than I anticipated, so updates will occur either monthly or when 10 or more new entries accumulate, whichever comes first.

While you are picking up your copy of the Yellow Pages, don't forget to check out Vyrin's new series: Revelations.

3. Forgiven

Forgiven Avatar

I have a wonderful reason for Issue 002 to be printed sooner rather than later! :) The only crafting pavilion in Brittany Alleys is seeking a space in the yellow pages. Name: Dockside Crafting, Location: Brittany Alleys, second lot from the docks, Property Owner: Forgiven, Sells: Crafting supplies, bags, bags and more bags! :p But seriously, stocked 24/7 essential crafting supplies...other items - furniture, trunks, etc. Issue 001-b could be the next one printed... hehe

4. Wilfred

Wilfred Avatar

Thanks for doing this. Have you considered bumping the price to 5 or 10 gold to cover some of your time cost? I think the yellow pages is well worth it.

5. Womby

Womby Avatar

Update: the next issue will be coming out early in R33. Entries continue to be free, and the price remains fixed at 2g - the same as a blank book.

We are off to a great start, with lots of copies being bought at Central Brittany, Brittany Alleys and Aerie. In addition an unknown number have been copied from purchased originals and distributed. This is encouraged.

Consider adding your business to the next edition - simply contact Womby by whatever means is convenient.

6. Lord Ravnos

Lord Ravnos Avatar

Great job!

7. Dwalin Bombardin

Dwalin Bombardin Avatar

This is such an amazing idea! I will buy a few books and place in my shop :)

lollie likes this.
  8. Ihuma

Ihuma Avatar

Great initiative, @Womby. Noticed that you do not yet have distribution at Owl's Head. I'll have you know that I'm happy to help to distribute copies at Ihuma's Exquisite Wares and Ihuma's Exquisite Blades.

Would be great to be included in the yellow pages if possible :)

Pikegirl and Womby like this.
  9. Sara Dreygon

Sara Dreygon Avatar

Ditto... my vendor does not have a flashy name "Sara Dreygon's Vendor" but sells mainly high-end blades, shields, and armor. Located in Aerie across from the crafting pavilion.

Pikegirl, Womby and Ihuma like this.
  10. Womby

Womby Avatar

@Ihuma @Sara Dreygon I would be delighted if others distribute copies of the Yellow Pages. You can either set up a box for me to place them in, or if you prefer you can simply make your own copies of the Yellow Pages using a magical printer and distribute those. If you prefer the former please let me know the details by PM.

Also, if you are not already in the Yellow Pages, please PM me a message with the details in the following format:

Name:Name of Store
    Property Owner:This is so people can use the compass feature at the Town Crier
    Sells:What the store sells

Example:

Name: Vyrin and Womby's Bookstore
    Location: Aeire, turn right when you reach the well. First building on your right.
    Property Owner: Vyrin
    Sells: Books (including rare limited editions).

Issue 2 will come out shortly after the next release.

11. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

Good reminder.

Name:
    Rifthiker's Guide vendor (part of Th'Rift Shop)
    Soltown, Welcome Outlander lot, behind the Town Crier outside the pallisade.
    Property Owner:
    Spoon
    Sells:
    The latest edition of the Rifthiker's Guide and other books. Mostly those published by the Lux Library.

Name:
    Cheap Stuff (part of Th'Rift Shop)
    Soltown, Welcome Outlander lot, behind the Town Crier outside the pallisade.
    Property Owner:
    Spoon
    Sells:
    Really cheap gear, tools, hand-me-downs and items only a new arrival would appreciate.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2016
  12. Womby

Womby Avatar

Thanks @Spoon, data entered. Love the name Th'Rift shop, by the way.

Spoon likes this.
  13. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

Oups that should be a big S.
    Th'Rift Shop
    Edited the post.

...and thanks.

14. Womby

Womby Avatar

Fixed. :)

Spoon likes this.
  15. Womby

Womby Avatar

Entries for Issue 2 must be submitted before the launch of R34.

(If you miss that date you will have to wait until R35.)

After that I will spend some time formatting the text before distributing copies.

EDIT: You can PM your entry to me if you like.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2016
    Vyrin likes this.
  16. Frederick Glasgow

Frederick Glasgow Avatar

The Central Brittany location is 361.2, 48.1, 170.9 if you enable /loctrack to find your way there.

17. Womby

Womby Avatar

The second edition of the Yellow Pages has been released. Due to the large number of new entries, it has been split into six volumes: Central Brittany, North East, North West, South East, South West and Hidden Vale, as per this map:

[​IMG]

Unfortunately due to an oversight on my part, I missed the following entries which were submitted before the deadline:

Name: Estgard Stables
    Enter thru the town walls of Estgard and the stables is located on the corner, facing the main drag.
    Property Owner: Grimbone
    Sells: Variety of tamed creatures and taming equipment.

Name: Life and Death General Store
    Location: Central Brittany down by the docks next to Brittany Sewer entrance
    Property Owner: Sator Faryn
    Sells: COTOs, Food, Potions, & Scrolls
    Buys: COTOs

I apologise for this omission. They will be added when I print new copies. Submissions received after the release of R34 will have to wait for the next issue, which comes out shortly after the release of R35.

Please buy no more than one copy of each title. You are free to make your own copies of the Yellow Pages and redistribute at whatever price you think is fair.

As usual I am selling these books for only 2g/copy.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2016
  18. Womby

Womby Avatar

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT

Due to the growing number of authors and the limited number of vendor slots, the Yellow Pages is no longer available at Vyrin & Womby's bookstores in Central Brittany and Aerie.
    They can be purchased at our vendor in Brittany Alleys (see the Town Crier and find the four story shingle roof row house owned by General Store located near the central fountain). Oddly, the vendor's name is "Quest starts inside".

Also, the R35 issue of the Yellow Pages has been delayed due to time spent working on a new project (to be announced soon) and the creation and running of a bookstore-related Halloween quest. I'll make sure I get the R35 edition out before R36.

Numa, Vyrin and moko like this.
  19. Womby

Womby Avatar

Issue 3 of the Yellow Pages is out now!

Due to the growing number of authors and the limited number of vendor slots available for stocking books, the Yellow Pages is no longer available at Vyrin & Womby's bookstores in Central Brittany and Aerie.
    They can be purchased at our vendor in Brittany Alleys (see the Town Crier and find the four story shingle roof row house owned by General Store located near the central fountain).
    If you notice any errors or omissions, please PM Womby.​

Numa, Vyrin and Dwalin Bombardin like this.
  20. Colm Cillian

Colm Cillian Avatar

Is this still being published?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.