Gold is a problem now

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 2112Starman, Aug 26, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

Before this nerf I was making a lot of gold. Now before all the haters out there holler how it is so unfair...... I spent all that cash on public vended items. If you put your items for sale on a public vendor to make cash, I am the source of that cash for you. Since the nerf I have spent nothing on the vendors at all. I would be a fool to buy what is now useless stuff because I don't adventure to earn money anymore. I will just slowly spend my cash here and there over the next few months in a slowing and dying economy. When I run out and if the game stays the same, I will quit playing and write off the $1800 plus I have invested. It would be worth it as I have learned a valuable lesson. People in general have no clue about economics. It is no fun playing in an economy driven by free emotes and parties and decorating with limited resources. I can turn off the computer and go in the front yard and dance the jig in my front yard in real life. You may see me out there as I wave when you drive by.

The Hendoman, Jon b, FrostII and 10 others like this.
  2. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

Oh, and in addition. It should be basic knowledge that as you progress in abilities through the skull areas that the return on your hard work should progress along with your effort. I mean what is the goal here? Is it to keep everyone in the 1 skull areas? If so then it is pretty dumb to design 2,3,4,and 5 areas as no one will be there. Basic knowledge.... makes you wonder what the "balance" argument is all about.

Phoebe, psteg, Lumajo and 2 others like this.
  3. Lysippe

Lysippe Avatar

its not fair ; when opened the game for all players you should have reset everything except lot deeds ! there is no balance.

4. Stravonstein

Stravonstein Avatar

Loot level = Mongbat!

5. Bow Vale

Bow Vale Avatar

I complained initially in this post and i do still think the loot drops are low especially for players with rents. However resource nodes have been upped in value, mining now is like whack-a-mole and silver deposits are found in lower tier scenes, this should give encouragement to players to broaden their skills from whack-a-mob mentality to start exploring the game a little more and finding their own profitable niches. Everyone cant do every skill, well you can but will be a jack of all master none type. And if you are not going to be using those items, especially in the short term then sell them to other players.

Players with vendors stocked with resources gathered at competitive pricing should find more interest and public vendors should be utilised more to sell your wares. Even standing at the bank shouting what you have is likely worthwhile. I think a good idea would be to remove the public vendor fee for a duration which will encourage more players to post items there and also return the items to the bank that don't sell.

We are all mostly sitting on a fortune in out banks, we are just not using it or selling it but hoarding it., for no other reason than we like to collect and one day it might be useful, but likely not.

4EverLost and Fauxpas like this.
  6. LoneStranger

LoneStranger Avatar

Is anyone being kicked out anytime soon? I think things will be sorted out beforehand. It's been something like two days. Let's try to avoid the 'sky is falling' talk until it means something. I think we've already seen the taming nerf walked back a bit, haven't we?

Elwyn and 4EverLost like this.
  7. Cairo Hayden

Cairo Hayden Avatar

Shouldn't there be some sort of testing for this kind of problem rather making it a problem in the persistent world? I thought there was a test server to test this kind of thing to see if it'll be a problem before releasing a crappy patch that ruins the persistent gameplay?

I do get we are all testers since this game is still in early development but they should still be tested before releasing on the persistent world and screwing the entire economy up. One day my silver is worth 135 gold each, the next day it's worth 85 gold each. These huge changes in a 24 hour due to a patch have to stop... - I vote smaller changes at a time rather then one extreme to the other which the developers are known all to well for doing...

I think developers need to slow there role a little bit and let the players build this game on our own and make small necessary changes as needed for some balance, not the extreme changes every 24-48 hours in the patches that constantly come out. Add to the content but quit screwing with the current content everyday. I seem to patch every day and the first question that comes to mind is "What did they nerf now?" and I shouldn't have to be thinking that way. I work 50 hours a week and the last thing I want to do is come home and feel like I have to WORK on a game when it's supposed to be relaxing and enjoyable.

@DarkStarr @Berek @Chris - this message is meant for you guys. You guys will get far more supporters if you would stop changing things every 24 hours. By the time we figure out what we are supposed to do next to make money or what we can kill or can't kill you guys have patched us again and we just keep starting over. Lets have some kind of pause please to play the game how it is, otherwise people will continue leaving as they are now and won't be back ;) We've already lost members of our guild due to all these changes every 24 hours not to mention all the arguments it has stirred up. Surely some of you guys are due for a one week vacation from work by now!

Last edited: Aug 27, 2016
    Phoebe, Kaisa, Aldo and 1 other person like this.
  8. Fauxpas

Fauxpas Avatar

haha so true... i could be almost a millionaire selling what i gathered at mid R32, but i thought "if i need it, i got it, dont care about the money anyway."

looking back and realizing how housing is implemented, i actually regret that a bit. yet *shrugs* who cares, i'll eventually have a house somewhen.

Bow Vale likes this.
  9. Bow Vale

Bow Vale Avatar

I'm sitting on enough gems to buy a small country in RL here. My plan is to socket them into some armours and enchant them up and sell them, which i was planning on doing anyway at some point, but that time has come a little sooner than i thought.

10. Lumajo

Lumajo Avatar

Not even going to bother logging in now. Completely disheartened :(

11. helm

helm Avatar

You are putting words in my mouth, and twisting them. Not a nice practice.

Most glaringly, I have NOT implied that 'sky is falling' either figuratively or literally. It's just plain rude to imply something like that. What I have said is that the grace period does not last forever, and that the devs are not communicating their intentions properly. Without such (all too typical) miscommunication, this thread would not exist.

You, according to what is quoted above, believe things will be sorted out in time, before anything serious happens. That's a perfectly valid opinion, even though citing taming adjustments does not give it much support, for the simple reason that compared to housing, taming does not matter: one could theoretically tolerate horribly broken taming for quite a while without any lasting serious consequences. With housing after the land rush, this is not the case. At all. And still the devs have chosen (apparently) to prioritize taming.

I also like to believe, or at least hope, that things will be sorted out in time. It's just that I also happen to think that the devs have been careless in this case, treating things potentially affecting post land rush housing just like any other game mechanic in the past: extreme adjustments without any communication whatsoever. Like, say, in the case of taming. In my opinion this needs to change, now that we have persistence and the land rush period has ended: The devs need to communicate these things properly, and be careful about adjustments that have potentially serious consequences to housing. This does NOT imply that "the sky is falling" in any shape or form.

FrostII, psteg and Kaisa like this.
  12. Phoebe

Phoebe Avatar

A lot of this is spot on.

I hope the devs can take some of this constructive criticism and apply it. I've lost count of the number of times in telethons etc Chris, Lum and others have said changes were thrown in at the last minute for patches (eg the combat lunge disaster last time around). You guys need to empower your QA and not rush stuff past them.

Whyterose Flowers, FrostII and helm like this.
  13. Lord Blackthorne

Lord Blackthorne Avatar

Hope no one gets mad for my saying the following, but good games are good examples:

WoW (WoTLK and before that) was as successful as it was because it did cater to a mostly casual play style. Not easy. Casual (time spent).

DepGames and Charlesscott1103 like this.
  14. Gnarxly

Gnarxly Avatar

Ofc we are still generating gold, I do it as we speak.
    If there is less gold in circulation and too many COTOs, the price of COTO will drop untill people feel it's worth buying it.

15. Charlesscott1103

Charlesscott1103 Avatar

A mil per hour yes it would you are so infinitely correct.

This is however not the issue. Income rates are extremely low. Nothing is selling on the vendors. People can not afford to buy anything for two reasons.
    1.) The people that have tax free lots and have a lot of gold are buying raffle tickets. So they don't understand the taxes yet.
    2.) People are spending all their gold on Taxes!

I'm by no means a "power gamer" I'm just a casual Joe. I spent over 8 hours playing yesterday going through various 5 skull zones. I sold all loot drops I found and made a whopping 1.8k gold.
    So for 8 hours of "casual play" I came out with about 225 gold per hour.

You are right 1 mill an hour would be broken in the complete opposite direction than what it is now.

*Note: I did not sell any resources I gathered from skinning/mining/foraging I keep those to raise my skills. Plus nothing is selling on the vendors anyways.

16. Charlesscott1103

Charlesscott1103 Avatar

You are correct Grave! This is what it is SUPPOSED to be. The current state of taxes is over the top ridiculous. It takes me nearly 4 hours just to make 1k gold just killing mobs and selling loot.

Kaisa and | Grave | like this.
  17. helm

helm Avatar

I think the intended earn is more like 3500/hour. Quoting from R32 instructions, colored emphasis mine:

18. disastorm

disastorm Avatar

I would argue thats how most online games are. Very few people buy from npcs in online games except for maybe when they are just starting out. You are right that the main difference from real life is that there is money being created from no where, but thats how its been in all online games for more than a decade. In most games its a given that people who spend 10X as much time in a game is going to have 10X as much stuff, I'm not sure why people are so concerned about it in this game.

I would say especially in this game, it matters even less because most of the "stuff" you get is mostly aesthetic or helps your character's strength to a much lesser extent than in other games.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2016
  19. Sixclicks

Sixclicks Avatar

Yep, I'm back down to being barely able to afford my Spell Reagents costs like I was back when I first started the game. So essentially, it seems that my character's progress has been turned around. Gold is way too difficult to get now. And I'm not even a casual player... I just go through reagents very rapidly.

Kaisa likes this.
  20. jammaplaya

jammaplaya Avatar

in Ultima Online, player vendors actually charge a daily fee based on the prices you set your items to on your vendor.

But here, and correct me if I'm wrong, you can simply put all your items on your vendor at whatever price you want and it doesn't really matter how long it takes to sell them.

So really, what you end up with is a situation where there's always plenty of loot when you go shopping and your gold is worth more because the economy isn't hyper-inflated.

I'm cool with that, it's excellent. And you can make more than 250gp per hour here, if you want quick gold stop crafting and start farming :D That's normal too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.