Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Ardoris: Tanya Cumpston Quest - SPOILER !

Discussion in 'Release 33 Bug Forum' started by Paladin Michael, Aug 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Paladin Michael

Paladin Michael Bug Hunter

After talking to Tanya, I followed the clue to Samuel. After this I entered the tower and found an official notice of recall. But I can't hand it to Tanya or give/show it to her. Don't know if it is a bug or if I missed to do anything else - but what? ;)

Thanx for a clue about this quest!

It happens all the time since I talked to them the first time.

2. Wayfarer

Wayfarer Avatar

Sounds like the owner of that notice might stop by the tower from time to time--why don't you stick around and see if anybody happens to walk by? :D

Alley Oop likes this.
  3. Paladin Michael

thank you for the clue. I tried this - but I think not as long as I had to ... ;)

4. Gix

Gix Avatar

It's really weird...

When your dialogue isn't done in a cinematic where you, the designer, have full control of the player's camera...
    [​IMG]
    ... writing dialogue with words like "right over there" is an infuriating experience. Those "steps over there"? No I don't know which steps you're talking about...

[​IMG]
    Are we talking about THESE steps?

[​IMG]
    ... Or any one of THESE?

If the specific stairs don't matter, don't mention it. The written dialogue is set to be confusing from the get-go.

... What about "that tower over there"? I don't know either!
    [​IMG]
    THAT's the closest thing I can see from Tanya's and Samuel's perspective that remotely resembles a "tower" and it's not really towering over much of anything. Yeah, I'm talking about the grey castle-looking things that is being overwhelming by row houses.

While I'm at it, why the hell should I care about whenever or not I should spot the market and the docks from the same vantage point? The journal mentions it like it's some important clue but what does the docks have to do with anything? Maybe it's something important (I doubt it) but none of the characters give any reasons as to why it would be relevant. The assassination could've taken place from any of the windows of that blue-roofed-4-storey-high civilian row house. Samuel warns me that the tower is only supposed to be used by the guards but the tower(s) I found there had no signs or anything (like a guard or a locked door) to prevent anyone from access.

Wow you actually found something in the tower? The only tower(s) I found were COMPLETELY empty.

So considering that you found something in his tower, I'm assuming I'm either experiencing a design oversight, a bug or that I got the wrong tower(s).

Armaden Restal likes this.
  5. Paladin Michael

To do the quest , here are some hints: KEEP CARE: SPOILER !!!!

1.) I started to talk to Tanya first. You also can talk to Simone von Eglinger .
    You find her near the docks around the corner where Guard Captain Cugel is.
    Realize: You can go later to her to receive EXP. also from her!

2.) What you can see, when waiting for a while around the tower is a guard walking around, telling a lot of things.
    This isn't the solution so far.

3.)
    YOU ARE RIGHT: It is the tower where you wrote:
    "... Or any one of THESE?"
    The first one: here lies the notice.

What I did after receiving no further clue from Tanya, Samuel and the Guards:
    After this I walked the street from the tower entrance (in your back) straight and left in the direction to the docks.
    You find a guard whom you can confrontate with the information about the child!

Not so easy - I know. Was a hard work to find the solution ...
    Have fun :)

Hearty Greetinx
    Michael

Gix and Armaden Restal like this.
  6. Gix

Gix Avatar

I think I know who you're talking about about. So the question is: how the hell do you confront the guard about it?

I hope that's not what Richard Garriott was referring to when he talked about quests that are "up to par"...

7. Beolthain

Beolthain Avatar

You can always accuse him

8. Paladin Michael

SPOILER !
    What I remember:
    It is NOT the guard coming around again and again ;)
    You go - as I said before - (The Tower in your back) straight and left. Not to the stairs leading to the market! Left before them.
    And there is a guard. His name is Rolf.
    I think, I just asked him about the killed child or murder?
    It was very simple to get him ...

Last edited: Sep 13, 2016
  9. Fasthund

Fasthund Avatar

Actually I was just speaking to Rolf. Type "accuse" and he says prove it. Could not get him to confess. Tried multiple different combinations of "shot child", "murder", etc. Clicked on every underlined word he says. Also, the word "they" is underlined and when it is clicked he doesn't understand. He will not confess to anything, therefore nothing is written in my journal to take to Cudgel.

10. Paladin Michael

@Fasthund, maybe you didn't read the message in the tower? Don't know if it must be done. Just an idea ...

Last edited: Sep 27, 2016
  11. Fasthund

Fasthund Avatar

Yes, I did read the message in the tower and I also put the letter in my pack and was carrying it with me when I spoke to Rolf.

12. Paladin Michael

Sorry, then I don't have any idea (talk again to every person involved in this quest)
    --> Try it with the new release, maybe it works ...

13. Robin Good

Robin Good Avatar

Maby this Quest is not working?, because i have the same problem with this guard(((

14. khalum

khalum Avatar

I got the notice, did the other stuff, he won't agree that I have proof.. :-( Accuse isn't working.

I just tried everything again. I can't show him the notice of recall he left in the tower or anything. This quest appears to be broken. Maybe it just broke in the guild a few days ago? I spent way too much time trying to finish this one. >.<

Last edited: Oct 2, 2016
  15. Scrato Herrscote

Scrato Herrscote Avatar

Got the same problem :/

16. CyJack3

CyJack3 Avatar

I appear to be in the same boat. I've followed the appropriate steps but after accusing Rolf the quest won't advance. He says I need proof but having the letter doesn't make any difference.

17. Senjut

Senjut Avatar

Same problem. There's a bug report on it, please go "like" that bug report if you're also stuck so they know quite a few people are stuck with the note and Rolf still saying we need proof. I've tried everything with Rolf and Cugel, can't get it completed. Tied talking to them both with the note already open, etc. Can't take any actions on the note while in dialogue mode except to open/close the note in my backpack. Tried following Rolf around for 30 minutes to look for further proof beyond the official notice of recall...nothing. Giving up for now.

18. khalum

khalum Avatar

Same here.. Still cannot complete. I've been trying everything. The re-did the guard tower so I had some hope, but still stuck, have the note and can't accuse him. >.< There are some new things to find in the tower now, but it still doesn't make me able to accuse him at all. :-(

Last edited: Oct 29, 2016
  19. Vitruvian Stick Figure

Vitruvian Stick Figure Avatar

Guys, I'm not sure if something changed, but I cannot find anything resembling a note on the floor of the tower. I've checked all three floors; and the other tower is locked for some reason. Could someone put up, or direct me, to an image of it?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.