R32 Land Rush status

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by smack, Jul 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. moko

moko Avatar

Even though land rush is over people still seem to move around. I found 2 empty village lots in Kiln and 1 empty row lot in Brittany Alleys today that are up for takers.

smack and Tahru like this.
  2. smack

smack Avatar

Ok, just finished a full update of all towns! Here's where we stand now that the Land Rush is effectively over:

2983 lots claimed (2471 NPC + 512 PRT)
    6962 claimable deeds (Groups 1-91)
    42.8% claimed

The most recent data mentioned in this thread for POT claims is 407, but that is likely much higher by now.

As expected, NPC towns have the highest population, and PRTs only have 10% occupancy. Brittany Alleys is the most populated NPC town with 215 residents. The least populated NPC town is Broochash with only 12 residents. There are quite a few PRTs with just a single resident!

And the two PvP PRTs, Brave Coast and Coral Cove, are not occupied at all. I wonder if the much-asked-for PvP NPC town would have any residents if they ever offered lots there.

3. NRaas

NRaas Avatar

My current count is 629 POT claims, with Port Phoenix's 54 claims the single largest, but it is pretty sparse. :)

Saosis and smack like this.
  4. Chatele

Chatele Avatar

ther's plenty of lots left in Brekken Bay PRT not far from Brittany .... I know, I live there :rolleyes:

Ice Queen and Lord Trady of Blix like this.
  5. NRaas

NRaas Avatar

smack likes this.
  6. Floors

Floors Avatar

I was the second resident of Brekken Bay.... I chose it because it was nicely located but remote... The town has turned out very very nicely I must say so myself :)

Ice Queen and Kara Brae like this.
  7. Chatele

Chatele Avatar

It sure has, It is a perfect spot to be, love it there ..... has all I need ....

Lord Trady of Blix and Ice Queen like this.
  8. Rustic Artisan

Rustic Artisan Avatar

Ok... did an update for Harvest.... Hmmmssss.... numbers not moving much at all.

Rustic

Baalice and smack like this.
  9. Baalice

Baalice Avatar

I noticed the Harvest city lot number went back up to 10. Did someone carry my house off while I've been away? I know it's been a while but... :p

10. Elay

Elay Avatar

I noticed this, i'm slightly surprised by it, I think Harvest is shaping up to be a great place, with some good vendors, but then I would say that given that my house and vendor is there!

Baalice likes this.
  11. agra

agra Avatar

This has me scratching my head. Why so few lots claimed? 42.8% seems very low, considering the RL $$$ money involved in getting a lot.
    It's also interesting that all the housing zones with under 54% occupancy are the massive 131/141 lot scenes (that suffer severe performance issues, currently) Might not be a correlation there, as a few other scenes over 130 lots are 75%+ full.

For me, even in the small scenes like soltown, braemar and similar, the hitching from loading decorations is enough to keep me away. I really wish there was a "show vendors only" option for housing scenes, or "hide all non-vendor decorations".
    It's also noteworthy that the only scenes (on my PC) that use more than 4GB of private working set memory in the client are housing scenes, making them unattractive if you want to avoid the issues related to the client using so much RAM. In practice this means for me, if I visit any housing scene, I have to close the client and relog to recover that consumed memory and get performance back to 'normal'.

Baalice likes this.
  12. Evilgamer

Evilgamer Avatar

It would have to be slightly more restrictive than just the vendor that since people have set up walls (I have a huge wall around my entire lot with no fence on the sides anyone can see) and just in general decorations specifically to keep people from walking into certain places.
    I guess you could just have the character respect the clipping box for the invisible object but that sounds like a bad idea.

I have a pretty beefy PC and video card and some of those zones chug, so I know what you're taking about.

Baalice likes this.
  13. smack

smack Avatar

The 42.8% doesn't take into account claims in POTs. With the reported figure of 629 claims in those, we're at 3612 claims, or 51.9% claimed.

But yeah, that's still a relatively low number and likely due multiple factors. The POT claim figure might be much higher and many POTs aren't even finalized or laid out yet. Also, perhaps some folks simply didn't participate in the land rush.

Performance (and stability) will improve over time and it's been said that Unity 5.4 will help to some degree. It depends on how tolerant you are of the current state and willingness to put up with it for many months, if not another year or two, until the game is fully optimized, polished, and complete.

NRaas likes this.
  14. NRaas

NRaas Avatar

The number is closer to 1059 now.

However, even if a POT were not laid out, I would have expected its citizens to simply have taken up temporary residence in another town while they wait. Having a house is simply *too* convenient to just waste away in your bank account.

I do agree though : A lot of players have simply not bothered claiming at all. Perhaps they are waiting for the final release, or simply don't follow development closely and do not yet know they can claim a lot now. :)

smack and Tahru like this.
  15. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

This.

Over 50% falls withing what I would have expected... I would have been surprised with over 60%, and amazed at over 75%... But trying to convince those convinced of dire consequences and falling skies that there worst nightmares were highly unlikely to be realized turned into a religious debate... and you can't argue religious conviction with logic.

Baalice, NRaas and Tahru like this.
  16. VZ_

VZ_ Avatar

I think the obvious, overwhelming consensus here is that PRT/POTs can go suck a lemon, much to the dismay of those who invested thousands of dollars into them. Sure there may be a few popular ones here and there, the obvious one being Pax, but even as a former Chessy shard gamer in its peak, I've yet to visit them in this game.

Official npc towns, managed, designed and lore-ingrained by the developers and RG himself is what people want.

I feel like most of the PRT/POTs will only begin to see settlers after launch and new players accumulated enough gold to buy lot deeds and see that all npc towns are taken.

I can't wait for a Bucs Den the devs talked about at the latest telethon, but I couldn't care less about the two player towns with pvp.

Black Tortoise likes this.
  17. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

My residents will disagree.

I would love to see the data you're drawing your conclusion from.

18. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

I have a lot in Brittney and one in Barren Reach. While the NPC town has more vendors and visitors, it is mostly a land of strangers. I walk around and seldom talk to anyone. The POT has a much greater sense of community.

For example, Anosa asked me to make him a couple different awnings for his Inn and 4 players gathered to share comments and help designing the layout.

Another example in BR, 4-5 folks from PAX came to visit while most of it was non existent. Yet a couple of us took the time to RP and provide a short tour.

Kara Brae and NRaas like this.
  19. agra

agra Avatar

To be fair, many were concerned they wouldn't get a lot in the popular NPC towns. As it turns out, today, if you want a spot in the first 17 to be 100% full, your worst nightmare has been realized. :)

postulio likes this.
  20. VZ_

VZ_ Avatar

Of course people living in one would, rofl.

The data I'm using to is literally a few posts above mine, littered throughout this thread and the laughably obvious fact that most of such towns are deserted in game. Lol.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.