Relics by Rild Orders - Telethon Trouble! POLL

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by rild, Aug 19, 2016.

?

How should I make it up to you?

Poll closed Aug 26, 2016.
  1. Discount coupon

25.0%
  2. Gift Card for future merch

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Special item

68.8%
  4. Free shipping voucher

6.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rild

rild Avatar

I want to offer a hearty THANK YOU!!!! to everyone who ordered during the telethon pt 1. I received over NINETY orders!! This not only helps fund more merch but a portion of your purchase goes to Portalarium as royalties. Your support is paramount and I am grateful for each and every order!

I also want to offer my most sincere apologies for ongoing delays and shipping trouble. Some of you have heard about it on Twitter and Facebook, but I wanted to make this post to try and make everyone aware. Details in this spoiler below. Oh and also apparently there's a postal strike in Canada or something. That one's on you tho, AMERICA'S HAT!!! :p

• Couple days waiting for new COTOs to arrive from good Sir Frank.
    • I had a problem with label printing format that resulted in the first round of shipments being rejected by USPS
    • Took a few days to identify the issue (USPS was confused themselves), began shipping again.
    • Had a couple emails from customers this week saying their order wasn't tracking - shipped but not showing movement
    • Today I have received more shipments rejected by USPS. I am now attempting to resolve the issue.
    • These are the packages showing no movement - tracking shows them as "PreShipment info sent to USPS". This means they have never been scanned by the postal service.
    • I use pretty advanced shipping software and have been fulfilling orders with few delays and no major problems for quite some time. Until recently I worked in fulfillment for another company so I am very aware of the systems, and I am confounded.
    • The people at USPS I talked to about the printing format issue assured me that they wouldn't reject a package for that, but clearly someone else disagrees with that opinion.
    • So.. not sure if this is a real issue or if someone down the pipeline just hates me. :confused:

:eek: WHAT DOES THIS MEAN FOR MY ORDER!?

As soon as I resolve this issue, all orders that have returned will be sent out again (I want to make sure things are proper before putting them in the mail again). Additionally, I would like to compensate my customers for their patience in dealing with these delays. This poll is pinned to my twitter feed too, no worries if you respond in both places. Please respond to the poll on how you would like to be compensated. ALL TELETHON CUSTOMERS will receive a perk, whether you received your package on time or not :) ... some of you will find extra items in your shipment .. this is not a mistake :rolleyes:

Everyone will receive their order. Thank you again!

I have partnered with a new company for DHL for overseas shipping. This will improve shipping times and will offer full tracking. Pricing will also go down, especially for higher weight packages.

I am hoping to move to a fulfillment center soon. Outsourcing this work will greatly improve service and allow me to focus on developing new product. I had contracted an outfit in Spokane to do this for me but they were unable to handle the business at this time. Talking to a new solution currently.

New product coming soon! I have found some great partners for new items that will greatly expand our offerings. If at all possible I will try to launch some by Telethon: Part Deux. More shirts and other apparel (SOCKS! :cool:), Samsung and iPhone cases, and hopefully we'll move to some print items soon too.

GUILDS, Player Owned Towns, and Player Organizations: Interested in merch for your group? I will be launching a program soon to bring affordable top quality goods to the player community! You can get custom items exclusive to your members, or make them available to the public via relicsbyrild.com and/or your own site.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2016
  2. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

COTO Stained with @rild blood o_O?'
    [​IMG] BTW rild... I'll be ordering some of these for giving away here in Thailand sometime after our game launch ;)
    ~Time Lord~:D

Last edited: Aug 20, 2016
  3. unicornslady

unicornslady Avatar

Thank you Rild for the info! I don't do Twitter nor Facebook, so I didn't know and was thinking about bugging you about my order.

And to top it off you gave me the extra info about the Canadian strike, so now I know why our favorite hamster (Andernut) hasn't received my check yet. Thanks!

*Gives Rild a big hug!*

Ember, rild and Time Lord like this.
  4. Verit

Verit Avatar

Thank you for the update.
    The last order I placed with you arrived quickly. I figured something had gone awry this time.

Ember, rild and Time Lord like this.
  5. Selene

Selene Avatar

I ordered something during the telethon, which I haven't received yet, BUT I have the utmost faith it will arrive. As far as compensation for late deliveries, speaking just for myself and my order, I don't think it's necessary for something that is so clearly beyond your control. Thanks for all you do for the community (despite the recent headaches) and for offering such an awesome sale during the telethon in the first place. :)

6. Justyn

Justyn Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

Yeah, what she said!

Time Lord, rild and Ember like this.
  7. Ember

Ember Avatar

I'll just continue to wait patiently for my order. So sorry you have to deal with these shipping problems! Your service is so great for the community @rild and I wish you the best success so we all can continue our addiction to Shroud with more real life swag! :D

8. rild

rild Avatar

Okay folks, nearly all domestic orders should receive their packages by the end of this week. There are a couple folks I had to dig up new comics for.

To my international customers - I'm sorry it will be a bit still, but it's on the way!

Some of you will have received new tracking numbers in the condition that the package weight changed due to additions. If you did NOT receive a new tracking notification, the old link should work.

Telethon: Part Deux customers - I'm working on your orders now! Expect them next week, without further delays.

Prize winners - I need to get shipping information from some of you still - keep an eye on your inbox! Feel free to PM me or email rild@relicsbyrild.com if there are further questions.

Thank you all again for your awesome support and patience with my business growing pains. <3 <3 <3

9. Metlore

Metlore Avatar

I see mine on the way. Thanks Rild! It was my first time ordering from you so I was a little caught off guard and worried by all the delays. I'm super excited though. After I calmed myself, it didn't stop me from ordering a second time from you during part. deux

10. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Thanks for the really cool extra stuff. :)

11. unicornslady

unicornslady Avatar

Grin! Same thing for me! And thanks for replying to my email I recently sent you, Rild. You're doing great on fixing the mess that the US snail made! *HUG!*

12. unicornslady

unicornslady Avatar

Rild,

My first order came in this evening. Thanks!!! They look great! And thank you for the patches!! :):cool::D

13. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

The wonderfully busy world rild :)
    Take your time Brother, our endeavor together can wait :cool::D!
    ~Time Lord~:)

rild likes this.
  14. ThurisazSheol

ThurisazSheol Avatar

After dc, i get home with a package from rild. Just made my day, that.

Come to dc next year, man. Ill buy you a drink for just being you.

15. Balec Fares deCani

Balec Fares deCani Avatar

Hey Rild,

I've been ordering from your shop for over a year and a half and I'm always highly satisfied in the products and the way you're run the business. I know you've been pretty much a one man shop and I see above you're looking to expand which is great and broaden your network- good luck! You're the perfect storefront for this SotA project because even when there's the occasional hiccup I've always felt totally cared for and in contact and everything has a personal touch/note.

All you folks with orders - Rild will take care of you in the end, so hang in there!

Personally we're more than square so need for any kind of gift, but *perks ears* did you say there would be a new special item in the store!?

16. pinzasso

pinzasso Avatar

Thanks for the patches and the extra hat. I also had completely forgot about this order when it arrived.

rild, Sir Frank, Lained and 1 other person like this.
  17. Metlore

Metlore Avatar

Just adding more wood to the @rild fire. I received my order today, which also happened to be my first order from Ben. I was absolutely blown away by all the products I received. The glasses are heavy and very high quality. The detail on them is great. Somehow the pictures of the coins do not do them justice. There is so much 3D detail to them and they're a really great size and weight. Ben was also very generous with his gifts for the shipping issues I experienced. If you have any doubt, absolutely go order some products from him!!!

rild, Ember, Sir Frank and 1 other person like this.
  18. Elric Zand

Elric Zand Avatar

glad to see a new partner for international shipments @rild .. I want to buy stuff so bad but it was crazy expensive to pay shipment to europe :(

rild, Ember, Sir Frank and 1 other person like this.
  19. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

Got all my stuff and a nifty little surprise which made my day! Great work as always @rild keep up the great swag! :)

20. Enziet

Enziet Avatar

There was never a strike with Canada post.... just FYI.

I ordered along time ago from you, those cups are great btw.

rild, Sir Frank and Time Lord like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.