Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

What was included in the wipe?

Discussion in 'Release 33 Feedback Forum' started by Mitara, Sep 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mitara

Mitara Avatar

Was it only character levels? Wait no, i saw a guy with 662 health the other day, so cant have been levels that was reset, since it is physically impossible to level Healthy THAT fast in that amount of time.

Cant have been the money issue either, since several people have millions upon millions of gold, kind of the source of many problems for the developers right now, with the lottery and all..

So, what exactly was it that they wiped?

2. Kabalyero Kidd

Kabalyero Kidd Avatar

maybe he was playing non-stop since the wipe and spammed the skill to death... or 24 hours gold farming... ヽ(^。^)

in any case, this is a nice change in topic... people were complaining of not having enough gold but this one is about having millions of gold... LOL ヽ(^。^)丿

Mitara likes this.
  3. Sixclicks

Sixclicks Avatar

My guild leader has about that same amount of health. He is a pure mage centered around Earth magic. He owns his own business IRL, so he gets to make his own hours and has people working for him to run the place when he isn't there. That's the benefit of owning your own business. So he plays the game A LOT. Being an Earth mage certainly helps with his HP as well since Earth damage is based on your Strength and Intelligence. Shield of Crystal gives you a buff to HP. Mine is at level 30 and it gives me +35 health. His is significantly higher (above level 80). I believe at that level he gets over +50 health. Healthy, Train Strength, Bulwark of Earth, Strength of the Earth, and Sun Worshiping add to his strength and further increase health. Then of course there's enchantments and masterworking for your gear that increases health and strength. He has over 90 strength when fully buffed. Healthy is not the only way to increase HP.

4. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

What Wipe R31 to 32?

Everything was wiped every player started from zero in R32.

No trickery, just bad programing that allowed for such a lopsided system

But in the end no one EVER is going to compete with some of the power gamers who have manipulated the game in such a way to do what some have done.

4EverLost, Baalice and Oba Evesor like this.
  5. Snazz

Snazz Avatar

I have over 500 with 80 str and healthy locked atm. No much for HP enchants. It's totally doable if that is your primary

6. Katrina Bekers

Katrina Bekers Localization Team

*COUGH*

[​IMG] [​IMG]

My guildmate @Alcedes - aka the Master of Impossible.

Acred, 4EverLost, Leelu and 2 others like this.
  7. Oba Evesor

Oba Evesor Avatar

There are folks w/16 GMs already. Its possible.

Acred, Ice Queen, 4EverLost and 2 others like this.
  8. Oba Evesor

Oba Evesor Avatar

@Sixclicks You are in OWL! Love those guys. Whats your in-game name?

Leelu likes this.
  9. Alcedes

Alcedes Avatar

"impossible"? what is this word...?

Acred, Katrina Bekers, Snazz and 2 others like this.
  10. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I love it when people deem a game "lopsided", "unfair" or that it has "bad programming" because there are other people who are able to play a lot more than them.

11. Sixclicks

Sixclicks Avatar

Not sure what OWL is. Maybe you're thinking of someone else. I'm assuming it's a guild. The guild I'm in is in my signature. We're a guild of players that have been playing MMOs and other online games together for almost 7 years now (not including new members of course).

My in-game name is the same as my forum name though.

Oba Evesor likes this.
  12. Rofo

Rofo Avatar

You don't know how he's spec'd or what buffs he has, or what gear stat bonuses he's wearing, or what he's been doing to level.
    I'm at pushing 500 health myself, more than that with buffs, and I spend as much time mining as I do leveling.
    It's not hard to believe that 664 is already running around town. surpirsed you haven't seen a 700+ yet really.

Honestly this is the slowest leveling we have seen in literally years.
    Previously there were much bigger holes in the system that allowed much faster leveling, and we had xp multipliers that would quadrouple or double your xp earned on top of that until you reached the highest level you had ever reached before.

Some points leveling feels too slow, some points it feels too fast, so I guess it must be in the right ball park.

Most of us that have been playing fairly regularly, last couple years are pushing hard, real hard to get up to a nice decent level, before we slow down and smell the roses. It's just the nature of playing pre-alpha with so many things getting tuned down, we assume things will always be getting tuned down, and it will never be easier than it is right now to level up, and raise skills, and earn money. so we are pushing to get as far as we can, while we can, until we get to a place that feels good.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2016
  13. Alcedes

Alcedes Avatar

i have 713 HP. :D

14. Luis

Luis Avatar

And there's also the folks that exploited tamable pets afk farming millions of XP in the first few weeks ...

15. Lifedragn

Lifedragn Avatar

I've played rather reasonably and am over 350. I can perfectly picture it being possible for people who put in 2x oe 4x more hours than me to be crossing 600 and 700.

16. Womby

Womby Avatar

Those who have both time and motivation can achieve very high skill levels simply using existing game mechanics as intended. I am against the enforcement of uniform mediocrity.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2016
    Katrina Bekers, cartodude and NRaas like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.