Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Myron in the Clink

Discussion in 'Release 30 Bug Forum' started by Wodin Folkvardr, Jun 7, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wodin Folkvardr

Wodin Folkvardr Avatar

Title: Myron in the Clink
    Reproduction Rate: 100%
    Blocker? No
    Details:

When you reach the room with Myron and if you use any AOE skills (chain lighting) Myron is at a high risk of dying. I believe it was Myron at the bottom of the pit anyways..

The NPC name is set to prisoner until you talk to him and it's very easy to kill him prior to talking to him so it can leave a new player confused on what to do. It would be nice to have his vulnerability tied to a flag after conversing with him AND/OR a piece of paper written by him so that players know it was Myron and link a flag to return to Myra for the quest.

~Woden

2. Lum the Mad

Lum the Mad Developer Emeritus Dev Emeritus

We're going to be redoing this entire dungeon as part of a Hidden Vale rework post-R32. It was the second dungeon we did (Ravensmoor was the first) and desperately needs love. Until then it's going to be in a state of disrepair.

The quest was originally set up so that if you killed him before talking to Myra you still got a note in your journal and could talk to Myra later, but again, it needs to be redone.

3. Wodin Folkvardr

Wodin Folkvardr Avatar

@Lum

Thanks for the information and response, I do appreciate it. I just wanted to throw in a little tidbit of information regarding this quest as well (if you redo it it may not matter); Myra gives you a worn key or something of that nature. Currently there doesn't seem to actually be any noticeable use for it. It would be nice to see some form of feedback that you used the key so you know you're at least heading in the right direction.

Again, thank you very much for the information and response.

~Woden

4. jiirc

jiirc Avatar

In the original version of the quest, Myron was inside the cage hanging above the pit. You had to hand Myron the key to let him out. He then threw the key away. You then had the choice to kill him or leave him be.

A few releases back, they moved Myron out of the cage and put him in the pit. At this point the quest line broke. (But it was also broken before because if you were melee yo ucouldn't reach Myron to kill him. You had to have some kind of range skill if you wanted to kill him like he wanted.

5. Skutter Luchnyk

Skutter Luchnyk Avatar

Stuck in the pit, cannot jump out.

6. gtesser

gtesser Avatar

Is he in the room with the slimes? If yes, I might have accidentally killed him since I cast chain lightning on the mimic chest and slimes :(

Would it be possible to respawn him, for those of us who killed him?

Last edited: Aug 4, 2016
  7. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

I'm excited to see The Clink get another pass. I always thought there was unrealized potential there.

I liked the old concept where he was in a hanging cell above a pit. It would be nice if he was away from mobs you so don't accidentally kill him, and the only way to kill him was to drop him into the pit through dialogue with him.

8. Ao Soliwilos

Ao Soliwilos Avatar

Will we be able to reset our quests after this rework? So that we could do these again properly after you've changed things?

Nhili Dragon likes this.
  9. Nhili Dragon

Nhili Dragon Avatar

@LUM It seems as if I am unable to complete the Clink quest. I see nothing other players do it seems. Is there anyway for me to reset it? I did crash while I was doing the quest but that has been right after the final wipe.

10. Kambrius

Kambrius Avatar

You have to click on the vines in the corner of the pit to get out.

CrandalltheFirst likes this.
  11. Nhili Dragon

Nhili Dragon Avatar

I never even see the pit. I can get to the room where you sign your name. Anymore no further. The room with 3 levers and the wooden platform that is it. Used to get further than that but it changed some after I recalled out of a cell. The Crash did not help. I just thought of 1 more thing to try.
    I went to multiplayer and it completed. I play single/friends mostly as I freeze a lot in multi and I hate to die all that much, frustrating but only one ISP here. Quest completed but single/friends online broken IMO

Last edited: Sep 3, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.