Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Archer's are still too powerful in this patch

Discussion in 'Release 33 Feedback Forum' started by Calindel, Sep 3, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fredrick FlameGrinder

Fredrick FlameGrinder Avatar

I hate that in PVE archers and mages can hit me when I am above, but I am an archer and mage combo but says invalid when I try to hit them when I am at a higher altitude, so unfair. I know they are trying to prevent exploits, but please.

2. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

hAVE THE MELEE npcS START USIGN eNGAGE oPPONENT

3. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

i wouldnt be opposed to archers doing less damage or less crits at close range

4. Sophi

Sophi Avatar

instead of nerfing archery, power up the other classes!!!

Kambrius likes this.
  5. Frosin

Frosin Avatar

We re referring to NPC here...

Aldo likes this.
  6. Malchor1

Malchor1 Avatar

I also notice that archers of any type can easily interrupt your spellcasting, while I don't remember ever interrupting one of their shots

Dariog and Aldo like this.
  7. Sixclicks

Sixclicks Avatar

This... when facing two or more archers or mages, it's almost constant spell interruptions for me. I assume this is because interruption chance is based on the amount of damage taken or something like that. I can buff up to 115 Air Attunement and have about 65 intelligence when buffed. These stats seem to do nothing to prevent interruption however. Last time I checked, my adventure level was 60 (it's higher by now). If your stats and level don't really change your chance to be interrupted, then there needs to be an innate skill or something in the focus tree that decreases you chance of being interrupted by increasing you "concentration" as you level it.

I think part of the reason archers do so much damage is their crit chance. They crit way more than other NPC enemies. This is likely due to a high dexterity stat.

Snazz, Dariog and Aldo like this.
  8. Gideon Thrax

Gideon Thrax Avatar

I see most folks, when squaring off against mobs, they just stand still and fire arrows or swing their sword... that is until their health gets too low and then they either just die or run away. Honestly, I'm already getting bored with being able to plow through 4skull and 5skull scenes. I know my opinion won't be very popular since folks like to farm humanoids for the absolute highest earnings... but humanoids, imo, need to be tougher.

Increase all your ranged weapon innate skills and strength and stay quick on your feet. If they can't hit you, they can't win.

Birne Gilmore and Lord Barugon like this.
  9. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Yes. The best tactic for archers and mages is to run right up to them. They will attempt to run away; when they do that they're not attacking you and you can run after them, getting back attacks the whole time.

10. PrimeRib

PrimeRib Avatar

I generally agree. The mobs are too easy. But one of the deck system's flaws from the start is that it doesn't generally play well with active defense. You simply run out of fingers trying to manage a large enough offensive deck with stacks / combos, while managing defense skills, while using WASD.

The key to beating range as melee is effective use of cover and line of sight. It's this mechanic which isn't working very well and when it does, range will probably need a boost, rather than a nerf.

Elwyn likes this.
  11. sdbaynham

sdbaynham Avatar

The problem is that you have a lot of levers you need to pull in combat to get crit, damage, to-hit, hittability up. Dex does everything but damage, and they have Draw Strength for that. Crit is also ridiculously good in sota and it's very easy to add a ton of it to leather, and nothing else.

12. Alcedes

Alcedes Avatar

im assuming you are talking about low level areas. this simply is NOT an accurate statement once you start fighting high level elites.
    MAGES are by FAR the most dangerous. the mages i battle frequently crit for 185-250 damage. and that damage is not mitigatable by any means.
    Fire Proof, Dowse, Ice Shield, and Fire Attunement DO NOT REDUCE FIRE DAMAGE IN PVE
    Test it. Verify it. And then join the movement. :D
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...-shield-fire-proof-and-fire-attunement.61416/

Archers do significantly more damage than melee. They too, similar their mage counterparts, frequently crit for 150-200 damage. Their damage however is VERY easily mitigated by magical means (Ice Shield, Death Shield) and defensive skills (DEFLECT IS MONEY! --- Testudo and Dig In also work, but both are bugged!: JOIN THE MOVEMENT to get them fixed! https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...ig-in-video-proof-included.61324/#post-646112)

Lastly is the melee. They are capable of some pretty solid 60-80 damage crits...im not going to talk much about them.

Regardless, ALL physical damage is easily mitigated. MAGES are little miniture dragosn now spamming 200+ crits; this could be alleviated by having properly functioning fire resistances. Im sure we will have those some time in the next 6-10 months

Run backwards till you turn the corner then split. if you are using good mitigation skills (see above) you can easily take arrows for quite some time.

im not going to dive too deep into this, but truthfully, our armor system sucks. the amount of protection offered from the armor type is not important. our skills far, FAR exceed the mitigation our armor could ever hope to provide...
    However, what i wanted to comment on was what you said about shields. Shields work fantastic in this game. If people find themselves struggling with archers, perhaps they should explore this option as i find archers trivial at this point.

this is definitely an issue in the game right now. i just want to clear the air a bit on the facts. the amount of damage being done means nothing. in fact, it does not seem to be based off of anything. i have tested this at great length. i have tried all sorts of variables. None make a difference. it instead seems to be an arbitrary percentage that the devs pulled straight out of their arse and applied it to combat. i reduce melee damage and archer damage down to next to nothing (seriously, 90+ elite footman hittine me for 5-15 damage and 90+ elite archers hitting me for 20-40 damage) and both seem to interrupt me just as frequently as the mage who is hitting me for 200+.

Snazz, Retro and Rampage202 like this.
  13. Inevitability

Inevitability Avatar

Npc and player archer needs a nerf!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.