Umuri's SOTA HUD - Combat Stats, Log parsing, /stats, DPS meter, and more. Now with Quests+

Discussion in 'Player Created Resources' started by Umuri, Jul 13, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Umuri

Umuri Avatar

Fun note, the default save path does -not- control where it reads log files.
    That just changes the default save path for *.csv files that the export menu gives you.

When you open the HUD, look at the window that opens, and look at the top bar, it will say Umuri's Sota HUD - sometext here. Let me know what is after the -. It usually shows an error for different configuration errors.

Odds are, you didn't put the HUD in the same folder as the settings.cfg file.

Bom likes this.
  2. coyotemoon

coyotemoon Avatar

http://imgur.com/a/ubVg9 That is what it looks like, my name then the directions, no version like i see in your screenshots. i extracted all 4 files to a folder on my desktop again and just renamed my char. Still a no go

3. coyotemoon

coyotemoon Avatar

So there it a closing bracket after my name even though there is just one bracket with my name in between. not sure if that is what is causing it. you can see it in the pic.

4. Umuri

Umuri Avatar

I bet you have an old version of the settings file, that has the brackets in the instruction section of the settings file. In which case thank you for testing out a pre-0.1.0 version!
    There were some changes to the settings file for version 0.1.0, and i rewrote a little how it reads in, so using an old settings file can cause problems

Please open your settings file, and go to that line. At the end of it, you should see two more brackets "[]" in the instructions section of that line. delete them, then try again.

Or download a new settings file from the link in the first page of this.

5. coyotemoon

coyotemoon Avatar

ok redownloaded everything and started from scratch i also changed the program i used to open the .cfg. i think it may have been reformatting the file and cause it to not track right. either way i am fully up and running now
    So sorry to be such a pain in this. Thank you for making this and taking the time to troubleshoot. :)

6. Umuri

Umuri Avatar

No worries, I actually -just- finished adding in a configuration window so people never have to touch that file again if they don't want to, since that was the biggest hurdle in the setup.

Link_of_Hyrule likes this.
  7. Umuri

Umuri Avatar

Also, I am working on getting 0.2.0 released this week, so last call for any requests that might want to be in this one. Not guaranteeing they all will be, but if i can sneak it in rather than waiting for the next one i will definitely try to.

Link_of_Hyrule likes this.
  8. coder1024

coder1024 Avatar

Great tool! Very handy for keeping tabs on whats happening in game. Thanks for this :)

9. Acaelus Fireharp

Acaelus Fireharp Avatar

Hey Umuri, one of my Guild members had an excellent suggestion for your Sota Hud.
    How about making it into a mobile app, with a PC .exe component that sends the stats to the mobile app?

Lord-Galiwyn and Sir Cabirus like this.
  10. coder1024

coder1024 Avatar

I know I've run your tool before successfully... When I run now it shows my char name, which matches what I'm playing, but beside it indicates, LOG FILE NOT FOUND.

Where does it look for the log file?

Would it be possible to add an entry to the settings file which, if present, would force it to look in a specified directory for the log files?

11. Umuri

Umuri Avatar

%AppData%\Portalarium\Shroud of the Avatar\Chatlogs

Generally when this problem pops up people are using an old version of the settings file from <0.1.0. Try getting a fresh one from the zip.
    Or wait a day or two for 0.2.0

And there is a possibility for such a setting, but to my knowledge that is not configurable in-game so it shouldn't be possible for people to have differing chatlog locations.

In other news, it looks like the linux build will not make it to 0.2.0.
    Sorry guys, but the build environment for that build is giving me troubles, and i'm about to lose most of my weekends until november. So i want to get 0.2.0 pushed out and i'll try to get linux for 0.3.0.
    Mac guys.... no promises, unless someone can give me an easier way to build from linux/windows into mac.

Fister Magee and Katrina Bekers like this.
  12. Umuri

Umuri Avatar

Announcing 0.2.0!!!
    Updated the main post, also:

Link: http://umuri.com/SOTA/HUD-0.2.0.zip

Thanks for the wait. Lots more planned for 0.3.0, which should come quicker now that the game has settled down a bit.
    As always in-game gold helps me devote less time to farming and more time to coding, and is a perfectly acceptable bribe for me to get a feature you want done faster if it's slated for a later release than you'd like. :p

Noteable new features:
    -- The first three audio alerts, two for the new control point timing tool, one for vendor sales
    -- Completely redone config system, no more manually editing the settings.cfg! Just unzip and run!
    -- Continuing to read past midnight for the night owls who hate closing/reopning it to roll over to the next day.
    -- Control point tool to make tracking and positioning a little easier

Non-noteable development:
    -- Refactored always on top code, again. Hopefully the last time.
    -- Started the linux version build, it just didn't make it this round.
    -- Also tried to start the mac, but that build system just hates me and my non-mac-having-ness.
    -- Lots of backend refactoring that makes future development much easier.

Changelog since 0.1.0:
    0.2.0 **********************
    -- Second public release!
    -- Audio! Added 3 new alerts:
    -- -- Sale whenever a new line goes into the sales tab (Configuarble in the config menu)
    -- -- A two-part warning that starts 15 seconds before the control point's next wave (Configuarble on tools tab)
    -- -- A sound when the next wave starts (Configuarble on tools tab)
    -- Added a read-only config option, VERSION.
    -- -- If you ever load the HUD with a settings file with a missing or outdated VERSION, it will open the config window when loaded to confirm new options

-- Reworked the main layout
    -- All settings checkboxes are now moved to the VIEW menu at the top, to reduce clutter and allow the window to be resized smaller
    -- New tab - Tools
    -- -- This has functionality that provides feedback in some way/shape/form
    -- -- Currently implements a control point timer, that you start when the banner turns blue and it will keep track of wave/countdown to next

-- Build managed to break always on top functionality, again.
    -- -- Fixed functionality by adding a nonexistent splash screen that no one should ever see, but somehow is required for windows manager to pickup on-top functionality.
    -- -- If you ever see this splash screen, you're welcome.

-- Added rollover option so that those who play across midnight can keep playing without closing/re-opening the hud.
    -- Added config option to control whether "Always on top" is on or off at startup

-- Added Sales tab that records player owned vendors buy/sell

-- Added in combat log for out of range attacks
    -- Renamed Location tab to Combat

-- Refactored the config code, now we have a nice configuration window under Options on the menubar.
    -- -- If you load without a config file, it will prompt you go specify your options

13. Link_of_Hyrule

Link_of_Hyrule Avatar

@Umuri Great to see a new release hopefully you're able to open source the project on github soon so others can help out.

14. Lord-Galiwyn

Lord-Galiwyn Avatar

nice work, thank you..

15. coder1024

coder1024 Avatar

looking good! Glad to see a new version is out! :) This version ran for me with no issue btw.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2016
  16. coder1024

coder1024 Avatar

Is it possible to close a combat tab once you've opened it? Or do you just need to close and restart the app?

17. Snowdog

Snowdog Avatar

Not sure what I am doing wrong, I just down loaded the new version ( had the same problem with the old version )
    Log File Not Found
    I look in the :
    C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Roaming\Portalarium\Shroud of the Avatar\ChatLogs
    And the SotAChatLog_SnowDog JJJ_2016-09-11.txt file is there (yup typed /stats)
    what am I missing?

18. Umuri

Umuri Avatar

Are you putting "SnowDog JJJ" as your username? With the appropriate capitalization?

Also, new revision version coming out later this week, to fix some volume issues.

19. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

oh my gosh, I'm back from vacation and just discovered there is an update to the app! It's as exciting as having a new SotA release! Thank you, I can't wait to download it!

Solazur likes this.
  20. Snowdog

Snowdog Avatar

Well "F#$% me Freddy" ;-)

That was the problem, I am old enough to know that but maybe I am to old to remember it.

Thanks
    Maybe put a note in the instruction.txt file for us dummies

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.