PvP Zones

Discussion in 'PvP Gameplay' started by airroncam, Sep 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

Why not let pvp have some pvp. You want to force pve on us.

2. Lord_Darkmoon

Lord_Darkmoon Avatar

No I don't. What I want is that people can play the game the way they want to play it. PvP could be added to every scene but only those who are flagged for PvP would be able to fight each other. What is wrong with that?
    Why do people want to attack those who are not interested in PvP?

Sir Cabirus and FrostII like this.
  3. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

there are more pvp incentives on the way. As far as incetivizing shardfalls and ruins more, im hoping when they fix obsidian gear and have dynamic loot spawns in treasure chests that itll be more worth it.

The pvp stuff is very important

Duke Avery likes this.
  4. Lord_Darkmoon

Lord_Darkmoon Avatar

But it shouldn't have a negative impact on the Story, the quests and exploration. But exactly that is happening right now.

5. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

There are no story elements in PvP scenes. There is a way to get to the Obsidian chamber using the underground passage, instead of going into the Shardfall.

Enticing players who are not interested in PvP is not the way to make PvP meaningful. You need to entice players who are playing PvP in another game to come to SotA instead. That means having PvP systems that extend throughout the game, not just an on/off flag and a few scenes where its turned on automatically. Quests, factions, currency/favor, and some rewards (titles, deco, emotes, whatever). If the PvP is good, it should be enough to bring players who want to play it. Right now, its laughably bad, so players have gone elsewhere.

If you *really* want to bring PvE players into PvP (and I don't think this is the way to go but, if you do), then PvP needs to have loot options. Honorable duels, or arena fights, should have no loot consequence. PvP scenes should have coin, reagents, consumables, and crafting material loot only. Flagging for Open PvP should have the current loot, with the possibility of full loot if you rank up to notorious. Guild wars and special event PvP (like those volcanoes that are supposed to appear on the overland), those can have various rules from nothing all the way up to full loot. You should be able to choose what level of "risk" you are willing to take to participate.

There are lots of people who would go into Shardfalls and "risk" gold, or reagents, and whatever they are gathering. But they do it naked now, because its not worth risking gear. Similarly, you'd get a much higher turnout for arena combat if there was an option to fight honorably. On the other hand, having high-risk and high-reward activities, like guild wars and the temporary scenes, would provide additional options for those who want to PvP exclusively.

The key to any "meaningful" PvP is content. There just isn't any, yet.

Sir Cabirus, Leelu and Oeneusc like this.
  6. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

There are already pve areas that respawn faster than you can harvest.
    And more is comming to newbie areas. Pve is already being well taken care of.

And some more pvp content is on the way

7. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

Its only an issue with 1 dungeon they already said they would make a bypass for. And its not gonna matter offline

8. Browncoat Jayson

This is what I don't understand. The design decision behind changing PvP scenes was because you can't PvP in solo/friends mode. So why can players who have flagged for Open PvP change to those modes. It doesn't make sense.

Sir Cabirus likes this.
  9. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

There are pvp capture scenarios on the way and the current incentive (easily accessible obsidian gear) is in, but the gear needs love

10. Browncoat Jayson

Where is this posted? I havn't seen any info on PvP capture or gear incentives.

11. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

It makes sense because it follows the pvp ruleset. Any pvp zone you are forced to multi player.

12. Toadster

Toadster Avatar

For a harvester in PVP areas you seem very limited in your knowledge of harvesting. It is not the tree from a level 1 spawn, it is the chance that tree will drop pine resin. It is not the Cotton but the Beatle Carapice. there is a huge difference in a level 1 rare drop from a shard fall. Although the level 5 drop compared to the shard fall is not as great, it is still there. And to have a high concentration of nodes with that higher drop rate does shorten the gathering time. That is your reward for your risk. You can not play both sides of an argument by saying its risks vs reward and then saying the reward is nothing goto a tier one and get the same thing.

FrostII likes this.
  13. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

The materials used to make the obsidian gear is much more abundant and easier to get in pvp zones, and pvp "control points" are on the road map post for this year

Ravicus Domdred likes this.
  14. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

Sometimes you got to risk it to get the biscuit.

15. Browncoat Jayson

And I'm ok with that. My question is why players flagged for Open PvP are not also forced into MPO until they unflag, as "all scenes are PvP scenes when you are flagged for PvP". Right now, that isn't the case.

Ah, sure obsidian chips. I didn't get that from your post, it sounded like they were working on other CTF-style scenarios, not just a PvP control point.

Ravicus Domdred likes this.
  16. LiquidSky

LiquidSky Avatar

Every once in a while I need to go to a shardfall to replenish my obsidian pieces. I have yet to see somebody else in the zone with me. The PvP'rs are busy grinding gold like everyone else....and are not interested in actually looking for somebody to fight.

17. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

Yea, if the bonus on the weapons worked it would keep me in the pvp areas more often, but the bonus is broken. And the quantity needed for the armor makes me want those weapon bonuses to work first, because the armor seems like it would be incredible in certain situations

18. Gideon Thrax

Gideon Thrax Avatar

I see the same drops in 4skull and 5skull scenes that I get from harvesting in a PVP zone. As to frequency, I haven't cracked that code yet because there are times when I don't pull any better than I would in 1skull scene. You'd think that harvesting a cotton bush in a Shardfall would always give a higher chance of dropping a beetle caprice - but then it doesn't... that's the whole point of this thread.

The reason I continue to harvest in PVP zones when I could be getting the same exact resources elsewhere is because it's more fun.... I like the excitement of the risk.

Inevitability likes this.
  19. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

I agree with you on this.

Browncoat Jayson likes this.
  20. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

Since they made them forced multiplayer i have seen folks in there all the time, but they are not pk's most of the time. They seem to be "PvE"ers after a rewarded risk ;)

You know, those folks that some people claim are next to non-existant and unimportant :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.