PvP Zones

Discussion in 'PvP Gameplay' started by airroncam, Sep 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zader

Zader Avatar

Wow, wow! Your post filled me with joy! These are really cool ideas that I could see taking part in.

Love the blood crystal idea. Using same alchemy mechanics, cut it into blood gem/jewel. Has the chance to enchant a + percentage of increased damage to other players...But I'd like to see it have another option as well; a chance to proc reduced incoming damage from other players so we can enchant towards our play style.

2. Toadster

Toadster Avatar

That's the difference between chance and actual. It may not always generate more, but the chance it will is still higher.

3. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

With 90% harvesting failing a node 3 or 4 times in a row isnt unheard of. Even a 20% better chance than a very low chance would be hard to notice unless you perform that task for an extended period of time

4. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

I believe there are jiras in for wearable items that can only be crafted as a result of pvp drops as well

5. Toadster

Toadster Avatar

Don't you think they will eventually fix their random number generator? When they finish polishing all the PVP scenes? Then 20% will mean 20%. Don't use a broken system they should be fixing in an Discussion about wasted dev time on PVP only zones.

But I need to be done with this conversation it is not going anywhere. Much more productive to focus on fixes for PVP than argue aborut bad/good game choices.

I think a Guild Only PVP option would be nice. It would add a lot to Guild relations and allow people to only PVP when their guild is at war. Add a level of excitement to POT's when the guild is at war.

6. Headquake

Headquake Avatar

That ridiculous to say that 0.4 % of player base want pvp , way more player than you think like pvp , we just wait for better reason to go there .

So for you the same issue should apply to pve , cause if some boss drops good loot .You gonna feel forced to grind for killing them ...

airroncam likes this.
  7. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

I like the idea of a blood crystal, but the trick will be making it so its not "required to participate". There is already a barrier to entry for PvP, in that if you are not already extremely high level then other players can just railroad over you. Having an item like this can amplify this issue, and make it so you really need to be decked out in blood crystal gear before you stand a chance.

As long as the benefit is small, and interacts well with resists and stats from other gear, I think this will be a great addition.

8. Toadster

Toadster Avatar

Yes, if they make the game a have to grind all the time game and it is no longer fun it would apply. Hopefully they would make the boss fun to fight so it is actually more enjoyable then clicking tree to tree.

9. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

That already exists.

10. Browncoat Jayson

Not really. If the Guild declares war, it just throws everyone into Open PvP. That isn't the same as flagging the guilds selectively, with no outside interference. A lot of people are already concerned, and would drop their guild if they did that. I know I'd have to consider it.

11. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

They really want to avoid having PvP specific stats. altho there are pvp only skills, and pve only stats on gear.

Perhaps making existing stats or skills more effective would be good. Like Chaos attunment. Theres nothing boosts that in game yet.

And since bones looted in pvp will be wearables at some point id say thats a perfect opportunity to say "human bones in crafted gear boost chaos stuff"

Browncoat Jayson likes this.
  12. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

I thought he was talking about just forcing folks in guild to flag for the excitment

13. Browncoat Jayson

That would be an interesting approach, now that Chaos doesn't really have the "wild magic" factor. It seemed originally that Chaos Attunement was going to help us control some of the negative aspects of the spells, but that has been all but removed now. Perhaps that can be made into a PvP focus.

Although... chaos magic isn't really great in PvP. Chaos Bolt is about the only thing worthwhile, and it really doesn't compare to Obsidian Arrow or Lightning. If it is a focus, it should be something that affects any ability, with some additional benefits for the PvP-only effects.

Here's what I'm thinking. Have a Blood Gem that is created from PvP resources. Something like 30 obsidian chips, and a Blood Iron ingot (created by smelting bones from players). This gem can then be cut into a socketable gem for armor or weapons, or a socketable jewel for rings and necklaces. Provides Chaos Attunement when worn, but when enchanted it provides options that enhance PvP. Like 0.5% increase to armor penetration for spells used against other Avatars, or 1% Item Damage Resistance against damage from other Avatars. For jewelry, add some gold to Pick Pocket attempts. Things like that. Weapons might even have a chance to proc the same effects as Chaos Bolt.

Since it is limited to socketed gear, that means you really only have a few bonuses, and its a tradeoff from standard gear that can net you bonuses across the board. It also benefits players whether they PvP or not, because Chaos Attunement can be useful for players who just want to play Chaos mages (and, hopefully, pick pocket/pick lock will be usable against NPCs at some point).

Toadster likes this.
  14. Trome

Trome Avatar

You know some pvpers aren't random players killers right?

Fister Magee likes this.
  15. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

yup. Other folks arent aware

Pluvius likes this.
  16. airroncam

airroncam Avatar

You want people to be able to play the game the way they want it unless they want PvP you mean?

17. airroncam

airroncam Avatar

Verdantis Shardfall is probably the best place in the game for Wood and Cotton(bark and beetles as well.)

18. Browncoat Jayson

Unless they want PvP against people who don't want to PvP. You can PvP all you want, with others who want to PvP. But those who don't want to, don't have to. That is the entire point in consensual PvP.

19. Lord_Darkmoon

Lord_Darkmoon Avatar

So you agree that PvPers do want to attack non-prepared players and think this is fun?

I would be for every scene to be playable in PvP but I am for consensual PvP. So those who want to participate in PvP flag themselves and only those can fight each other everywhere. But "forced" PvP no longer is consensual.

20. airroncam

airroncam Avatar

The original idea in this thread is to reward players for taking the higher risk for being in PvP areas. You don't have to EVER go into a PvP area if you don't wish. No one is forcing anyone to do anything. How many times does this poor dead horse need beaten? At the very least add some non-instance mines in the PvP area so I can pop some ore nodes while I wait on the Non-existent PvP to show up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.