Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Save the game? PVP?

Discussion in 'Release 33 Feedback Forum' started by Gatsu., Sep 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xail

Xail Avatar

Yes that is one of the biggest UO fan and his opinions deserve more weight..

Abydos and Time Lord like this.
  2. Halvard

Halvard Avatar

No their response deserved no respect and they should be punished with a temp ban or atleast a warning
    I have recived o many warnings for posts I didn't think deserved a warning this I do think deserves one

Time Lord likes this.
  3. Xail

Xail Avatar

Sorry to disappoint you but the game will not die...it's already dead...no people around...what's your plan increasing decorations and taxes?

Gatsu. and Time Lord like this.
  4. Gix

Gix Avatar

It also means he's got no other points of reference... so his opinion on game design is completely pointless to me.

"I've only played this one game and it has a particular system and I believe no game can live without said system. Anyone who disagrees with me should go elsewhere because I already marked this new game as my own."

Are you really supporting this logic?

No sure why I'd be disappointing by this statement. I'm not here because I believe the game is amazing or remotely fun, I'm here because I think it's got a chance to be. The guy who's suggesting that the game is anywhere near alive (for it to die) is the OP, so why quote me?

I TOO want more elaboration on the PvP... In my mind, everybody should be doing PvP... but there's no way in hell that I'd agree to some free-loot-open-PvP bull.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2016
  5. Burzmali

Burzmali Avatar

Of those 3s and 4s stopped playing mmorpgs the moment better options became available, like MOBAs, trying to build PVP that satisfies them is closing the barn door after the cows out.

Time Lord likes this.
  6. Abydos

Abydos Avatar

Porta Dev's created one of the best awesome PvP RPG ONLINE game witb UO. A lot of backers was at the rendez-vous :)

The PvP community responded to the call during the kickstarter.

Time Lord likes this.
  7. Gatsu.

Gatsu. Avatar

yeah, a temp BAN.. i will die without a forum overflowed of unread (from developers) requests.
    maybe this is time to STOP reading e writing on these pages.

Time Lord likes this.
  8. Toff

Toff Avatar

QUOTE="Gatsu., post: 650821, member: 120217"]Just 3 words...

COPY ULTIMA ONLINE

this mean:

FULL LOOT
    ALL ZONES WITHOUT GUARDS ARE PVP
    ALL ZONES WITHOUT GUARDS MUST BE ONLY MULTIPLAYER

Yeah.......Ummmmm........ NO.

That being said, I wouldn't mind a future land mass that would be full PvP, full loot all the time. Maybe call it the "Badlands" The problem with doing this for the entire game is it is almost unplayable for new players. I played DarkFall for a little while but I got tired of getting ganked every time I left a safe zone. It hardly ever was just one guy, it was like 5 guys all much higher level just griefing on the newbees, it's not like I had anything worth looting, they just got their kicks by killing easy targets.

Time Lord likes this.
  9. Gix

Gix Avatar

I'm pretty sure that abandoning the idea to make something that satisfies them is closer to "closing the barn doors". Some people enjoy persistence, something that MOBAs can't provide. Keep the doors open, offer something that they'll enjoy and they'll come back.

You certainly don't want to cage 1s and 2s together.

Time Lord likes this.
  10. PrimeRib

PrimeRib Avatar

Because only one person can occupy a lot location, there is PvP. The supply is fixed, some way must be determined who out of many gets that one location. Today, this is settled in one of two ways:

1) Someone spends lots of rl$ to get to a high pledge tier, wins the land rush contest, and holds that location in perpetuity
    2) Someone spends lots of time killing wolves, wins the lot lottery, and then pays taxes forever

While I understand why these exist, they don't make for a very interesting game in the long run. I'm simply looking for a third (or fourth) option. Not only for land distribution but for any number of other things from NPC prices, to repeatable quests, to all the cosmetic stuff in the cash shop. I simply want all that is valuable pulled through the mechanics of the game and not just wolf grinding or silver mining.

It can be factions or guild. It can be mostly combat - like a siege - or mostly gathering, crafting, and other quests. But there needs to be something to the game worth playing for that isn't just cash shop + RNG + grinding. While those factors will always exist I see them as inferior solutions to just about any problem.

Port does a good job of mining the forums to figure out what players want...it's just that they haven't figured out how to distribute it in a manner which makes the game interesting.

Time Lord likes this.
  11. Burzmali

Burzmali Avatar

4s are never coming back, the MOBA already directly caters to them. 3s don't have there own genre at the moment, but games like Destiny, World of Tanks, The Division and War Thunder are going to pull in that crew much easier than an MMORPG, once again look at ESO, that was their target market and they fell flat. Maybe if SOTA combat wasn't subpar, and the server could handle a stiff breeze, and PVP wasn't frontloaded with multiple week grind to avoid getting one-shotted in every battle, and SOTA didn't look like a relic from 2006, then maybe some 3s would wander in. 2s are the residue left in the tub after you've drained out the 3s and 4s, harmless while the others are around, but they certainly don't contribute to the bath.

Time Lord likes this.
  12. Blackheath

Blackheath Avatar

We've already been to the moon, why bother sending more people out to space? There's just a whole lot of nothing out there.

Time Lord likes this.
  13. Burzmali

Burzmali Avatar

If we just make them comfortable enough people will give up their cars in droves to buy our new horse-drawn carriages.

uhop and Time Lord like this.
  14. Blackheath

Blackheath Avatar

Backing away from progress is no way the same thing as refusing to explore.

Time Lord likes this.
  15. Burzmali

Burzmali Avatar

Considering that many folks around here want SOTA to do everything UO did on launch but with a new coat of paint, I couldn't agree more.

Time Lord likes this.
  16. Malimn

Malimn Avatar

Hmmmm... I say just create a new server farm just for PVP and the rest non PVP... will fix the issue for everyone.

17. Abydos

Abydos Avatar

Easy and efficient.

Some poeple asked for a PvP Serveur Multiplayer Only.

Easy and efficient.

18. Lord_Darkmoon

Lord_Darkmoon Avatar

You forgot 5. The forced who just wants to do some quests or gather resources but is attacked the whole time and gets totally frustrated...

Time Lord likes this.
  19. Toff

Toff Avatar

You both forgot the 6th: The A$$ who just wants to grief on newbees. Or worse yet, a whole bunch of A$$'s who do this and think it's funny. This is what I find the most in games, not some noble code of ethics gentlemanly honor bound saint.

MIdnightvalkyrie and Time Lord like this.
  20. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.