New server PvP + Multiplyers Only

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Abydos, Sep 15, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Abydos

Abydos Avatar

For old Ultima Online players and SotA fans, can we get a Multiplayer PvP Only server please.

Why are we deprived of a PvP server. Most companies offer their community both types of servers PvE and PvP.

Why not us ?

We ask for PvP serve for long time. PvP players will come back and many new PvP players will come plays SotA and we will get a real cool awesome game. SotA is amazing but need a PvP server for sure.

@Lord British2

Ibad, lollie, Ravicus Domdred and 2 others like this.
  2. Halvard

Halvard Avatar

A thousand times yes

Will never happen though :(

Ravicus Domdred likes this.
  3. PrimeRib

PrimeRib Avatar

Please no. This would eliminate any chance of meaningful PvP and give you two empty servers.

4. Xail

Xail Avatar

...I don't know if it is a good idea or not...just if you want to do that first fix pvp and lag or people will not come anyways....

5. Halvard

Halvard Avatar

Why would it eliminate any chance for meaningful pvp?
    We have 1 empty server now so not much difference (I'm from sweden so probably has a lot to do with timezone)
    And still left with the problem of seeing non flagged people

lollie, Abydos and Ravicus Domdred like this.
  6. Bow Vale

Bow Vale Avatar

We don't need a new server, with the ability to allocate ourselves into various play modes, just need a toggle for pvp enabled and put us in with those people with a new ruleset. All houses and vendors would still be accessible and if we ever wanted to change back, we can. Also, i don't want to train up all these skills again thx.

7. Halvard

Halvard Avatar

Well that sounds ..better
    as long as I can escape the blues

Abydos likes this.
  8. Audacity

Audacity Avatar

I love pvp and would totally do a pvp only server except that I would hate to lose the ability to play with my friends who do not enjoy pvp or only occasionally partake.

9. Abydos

Abydos Avatar

Forcing players removing their freedom is not an option for me .

I have already lose all my friends cause we dont have a PvP server :(

10. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

Really, flagging for Open PvP should prevent players from leaving Open Multiplayer, and the server should instance those with the flag together by priority. That would cause the existing settings to make sense, and promote better PvP. Splitting the population isn't going to make PvP better automagically.

11. ThurisazSheol

ThurisazSheol Avatar

instead of griping about it. embrace the fact that you have both on the same server, living together.

i know - kinda difficult, until final release and all systems are green..tough to see through the fog of war that way..but it is there, if you look far enough ahead.

the thing about combining them, is you get more people willing to play as pvp this way and try it out. you never know, some pve'ers may be fantastic pvp'ers in hiding, just waiting for a chance, they would not otherwise get because they just won't roll on a pvp server.

one decision made by the devs irks me about this setup though: the one where they try to limit the number of players in each scene.
    i think that is great for pve, but you should lump the pvp'ers into the same scene/instance together as well.

12. Jaden344

Jaden344 Avatar

Ultima online had a good solution
    One pvp and better ressource
    One pve with housing

Felucca and Trammel both are themselves divided into 2 areas: Britannia and the Lost Lands.

In Felucca dungeons and in The Lost Lands in Felucca, several Champion Spawns can be found. Within these areas, Power Scrolls can be obtained.

Also, resource drops (such as the woodthat comes from lumberjacking or the ore that comes from mining) are double that of the other facets.

Within Felucca, PvP combat is nearly unrestricted.

Abydos likes this.
  13. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

Ironically, I think they may be too many PvP scenes, with the current population. They are almost always empty, so people looking or fun have a harder time finding it.

14. manufacturedsoul

manufacturedsoul Avatar

I'm not sure I understand how this would help PVP could you explain? There are already plenty of PVP areas in game if someone wanted to PVP wouldn't they be going to these areas regularly already to engage in this activity? To think a PVP server would magically solve anything is kind of silly tbh...

Bodhbh Dearg and Nhili Dragon like this.
  15. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

All of this has happened before and will happen again.

smack likes this.
  16. ThurisazSheol

ThurisazSheol Avatar

i've been toying around with is revolving maps for shardfalls..just think of them as arenas or something.. that way no matter where you are in the game, if you login to one, and someone else has logged into one, they too are in the same instance as you..

the only negative i can see to that, is how sometimes the environment won't match the physical/geographical location you zoned in from.

ninja edit: ooo, a ring of stones can fix that! one of those teleporter dohickeys

Tahru likes this.
  17. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

We simply need more numbers in this game for real PvP. I was hopping persistence numbers would do this but it has not. I hope that release brings the numbers in. I have no doubt that PvP will work in this game, it just needs the numbers.. We have great times in the PvP tourneys and the battles are awesome at times. I am more concerned that we are not going to get the numbers.

18. sake888

sake888 Avatar

Lack of population to support two servers would be an issue. If shardfalls and PVP towns are already sparsely populated, what would an entire other server be?

Elwyn, smack, Nhili Dragon and 2 others like this.
  19. Ronan

Ronan Avatar

20. Nadomir

Nadomir Avatar

Hell... WHY??? What would this be good for? Nothing! If you want to play on the edge and love the thrill then switch on PvP and stay in multiplayer-mode all the time. I pure PvP-server would change absolutely nothing about your experience. There won't be more PvP-junkies running araund than there do now, there won't be more victims for you running around than they do now... you will have far less players running around and far less stuff to by from. If that is what you want, then don't by stuff from vendors and live from the land ... build yourself some town somehwere, set it to PvP-massmurder-style and see who shows up. There is absolutely no need for a seperate PvP-Server as things as now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.