1. All post bodies concerning Shroud of the Avatar player to player transactions or services are limited to this section of the forums. Unwanted solicitation in other sections of the forums or via chat or private message is prohibited, and could result in account restriction or ban. Posting more than once per week within your own thread, "bumping" it to keep it on top, bumping within a week of the first post, and daily replacing a post with a new one is also considered spam and is therefore, prohibited. Bumping is allowed once per week, if the new post contains information that is meaningful to the original thread (i.e. price updates).

Activities that involve real money exchanges between players are not allowed. Account transfers are not supported. Items purchased in the SotA Store, such as Pledge and Bundle Rewards, Add-Ons, Stretch-Goal items, and Player Owned Towns, as well as services that can be immediately fulfilled in-game (such as renting existing in-game property or items) are the only permitted exchanges in the Player Marketplace.

Be sure to include the types of payment accepted in your post [In Game Gold, COTOs/Crowns, or in game item trade]

We will not restrict exchange of goods but we will not officially endorse these exchanges due to liability issues and staffing bandwidth. No in-game or chat based real money exchanges are allowed. Exchanges are at the players own risk and governed by the Terms of Service of whatever third party platform. Catnip Games reserves the right to restrict any activities if they cause widespread issues for our community or if these activities involve exploits of any kind.

WTS/WTT: New Player owned Town with Overland Access CLOSED $1800

Discussion in 'Sell Items (WTS Gear, Decorations, Crafted Items)' started by Prince Guni, Sep 13, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Berek

Berek Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

This is a friendly warning. These are marketing threads, not threads to attack or argue. If you don't like what the seller is selling, or think it is unfair, PM them, or PM us, do not PM the world. Thanks.

Solazur, Vrunk Hrrk, Hazard and 10 others like this.
  2. Blake Blackstone

Blake Blackstone Avatar

I'm in the real estate industry. Reminds me of realtors who always have a better offer that you need to beat when you are submitting a contract... Not saying that's what Guni is doing either. Also, public auction builds excitement. It is risky though.

Anyway, start your thread over Guni. Good luck.

Arradin likes this.
  3. Amber Raine

Amber Raine Community Ambassador (FR)

What this seller is doing is within all reasons perfectly normal. Some people sell items for what they bought them for (look at my sales, that is what i did). Then there are others who sell them for what they are worth, which is what Guni is doing. An item is not necessarily worth what you paid for it, when it is no longer available it becomes worth far more.

Yes a holdfast at the time was worth 900$ (some paid less before the price increase). Yet, at the same time a founder collector account was only worth 165$. Why do i compare these two things as such?

I tried to sell my account for what I paid for it and without increase of my own, i ended up getting 3 (almost 4) times what I was asking for it. Yes I kept it public, but again, there is a reason why there is such a thing called "Silent Auctions". Bidders remain anonymous.

I wish you luck Guni - As much as I have never been a fan of Anshe in SL (because of certain tactics) they are also the first person i had ever heard of making their first million in any online game in real estate. I believe that if you can get twice what you paid for something that is no longer available for purchase, is in your own right to attempt to do. And if someone wishes to pay that for something they can not get.. then good on you both.

Good Luck Sir.

Solazur, Vrunk Hrrk and Prince Guni like this.
  4. Unused

Unused Avatar

Again, it's not the method of sale that is the issue. It is the fact that the seller took an expired offer and treated it as the highest offer that irked me. The seller even deleted an OLD thread that documented this deceit so those who are viewing this NEW thread now do not get the full info. Those of us who tracked this since the start knows the facts, and those who have been tracking can judge for themselves.

As a matter of fact, I have feedback this to @Berek. People can simply delete threads and then act as though they have done nothing wrong. This is not right.

lollie likes this.
  5. Berek

Berek Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

I haven't seen a deleted thread here by anyone in quite awhile, so I'm not sure if that's actually the case. We can see all deleted threads.

Regardless, due to the concerns, I'm going to reinstate the lock of deleting threads. If anyone needs a thread removed, please PM me.

lollie, Blake Blackstone and Fewi like this.
  6. Andrew Silverston

Andrew Silverston Avatar

Guys, why don't you just let the owner of the POT do his thing. It's really annoying that people are allowed to come to these marketplace forums and start yapping about who sells what and how they are supposed to be doing it. I think that devs should put a stop to this yapping. These marketplace forums are not meant to express your negativity towards the seller, but to ask questions related to the sale.

If you don't like the offer, the sale, the way it is presented or executed - please keep your negativity to yourself. If I was going to sell something and people would keep yapping at me in posts below my thread, it would be really annoying. I don't know or care who the OP is, I am really frustrated that this kind of negative commentary is allowed towards the seller, who I will be one of, most likely pretty soon because it seems that people use this place to make money, instead of enjoying the game for what it supposed to be, and bringing into the community all their greed infused feelings.

7. Solazur

Solazur Avatar

I say.. can I get an AMEN?

Valdor likes this.
  8. Valdor

Valdor Avatar

AMEN, brother!

Prince Guni, Arradin and Solazur like this.
  9. Prince Guni

Prince Guni Avatar

Auction closed with $1800 as the high bid.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2016
  10. Frederick Glasgow

Frederick Glasgow Avatar

He shoots, he scores..Berek for the win:):);)

Prince Guni likes this.
  11. Valdor

Valdor Avatar

Congrats to the new POT owner. It's nice to get one with overland access.

Prince Guni likes this.
  12. Gregoire Visaard

Gregoire Visaard Avatar

Confession time... If you haven't seen a deleted post, look no further. ... :oops:

Not sure if I am doing it wrong, but after a week or two if I don't get a real offer I have deleted a couple post and started over? Is that something we are not supposed to do.

My thinking is if something didn't work do something different. I hate seeing my post 3-4 pages back lost in the shuffle. Kinda of like any other business after awhile the promo is over. So you start another!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.