Feeling dumb, that low XP thing

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 3dmark, Sep 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 3dmark

3dmark Avatar

I have the low XP indicator up. I'm hunting in a 2-skull area. I've clamped all of my skills except the innates (strength + health). Even then, I'm not really gaining XP - stuck at around 1,000. And since I have almost everything clamped, I'm not really improving. I've tried moving to a 3-skull area, but found it too difficult.

Obviously, I'm doing this wrong, but not sure where I'm failing. I'd love to unclamp at least a couple of skills to be able to advance.

Any ideas?

Leelu and Josh Randall like this.
  2. lollie

lollie Avatar

The unclamped ones are gaining xp, that's why you're getting the constant "low xp" message - xp is going to the unclamped skills all the time and raising them. Just unclamp the ones you want to train and ignore that message. They'll slowly add up.

This game isn't designed for solo players it seems.

Leelu and 4EverLost like this.
  3. Duncan O. McDermott

Duncan O. McDermott Avatar

It is frustrating I know as that icon is a steady show on my screen

Leelu and Josh Randall like this.
  4. Josh Randall

Josh Randall Avatar

I feel your pain - happened to me for a few days. What I did to get rid of it:

• Searched around until I found a 3 skull area I could work solo - harvest and adventure. This was the most important aspect. It took me an hour or more by using the SOTA map, and going into each area as I wandered until I found an area I could work. I still die often, when I get adds, but I can kill solo mobs ok and then harvest
    • Turned down all my adventure glyphs except for 4, 1 health, 1 str, 1 fire and 1 air.
    • Once I got the glyph so I could update, I turned it off and turned on the new one

The problem IMO is the 2 and 3 skull areas. Some are tougher than others and they're still not balanced.

I did a 2 skull the other day that kicked my butt, and then found a 3 skull I could work - which is where I'm focused now. Once I'm able to survive adds, I'll move on to the more difficult 3 and 4 skull areas for the next push in levels (I know, there are no levels but there are for me)

Hope that helps

Kara Brae, Fungus and Leelu like this.
  5. Nox Haven

Nox Haven Avatar

Yes, read post #103 by VZ_ here: https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...its-a-sad-day-for-me.62500/page-6#post-653709

Kara Brae, Fungus and Leelu like this.
  6. Nadomir

Nadomir Avatar

Here some advise for getting out of the "low-XP"-trap while playing solo:

1. Take a closer look at your deck and optimise it. This will allow you to fight tougher foes and get more xp (There are plenty of threads about deckbuilding)
    2. Try other Scenes. Different mobs reward different XP not always to the difficulty you feel they have for you. Often there are mobs way easier to kill than others, that yield more xp... like the skeletons in Eastreach Gap, which are easier to kill that the Scorpions, but reward more xp.
    3. Focus on fewer skills to train. Consider even switching innate skills like health and strength to maintain for some time to train other skills first.
    4. Experiment on skills, skill-combos against certain mobs... Some mobs are resistant or weak against certain skills...

I hope this will keep you (and others) back on track to actually advance and develop your character.

7. Fungus

Fungus Avatar

To the OP be aware innate skills eat a lot more exp from your pool than other skills, try and keep the innate ones in line with your adv level as a guide then lock them down and carry on raising other skills up to 40 that your going to use as you adventure / craft. It's better to be a master in one specific tree rather than a jack of all so in the beginning try and limit your skill selections to say 3 tree's and then add more as you progress to try out.

Good luck in your travels!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.