Which areas are the best ones?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mitara, Sep 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mitara

Mitara Avatar

There are just SO many areas in the game and Im guessing we all have our preferred areas.

Personally I like Deep Ravenswood, due to the number of Elder wolfs that readily give up their skins.

Which areas, do you like?

Zombie and Bom like this.
  2. LiquidSky

LiquidSky Avatar

Ulfheim is a better source of Elder Wolves.

Bom likes this.
  3. Rada Torment

Rada Torment Community Ambassador (ES)

Deep Ravenswood is special because the insane skeletons spawn (like 15-17?) with liches. The perfect spot for the most OP build for pve right now (melee-aoe mage). I hope to see some balance work about aoe skills in pve.

For xp I like Hilt Fortress, deep ravenswood, Serpent's Spine. For gold seems like low-lvl areas are the best (something wrong about this tbh), for example Ravensmoor (lvl 3 scene).

I think we are all agree that the game needs big improvements/changes to mobs loot tables.

FrostII, Albus, Bom and 1 other person like this.
  4. Burzmali

Burzmali Avatar

Any scene with humanoid enemies with non-rusted weapons seems to be the key. North Majestic Woods has fighters with halberd and archers with shoddy longbows. It isn't perfect but it works for me at the moment.

Bom likes this.
  5. Sixclicks

Sixclicks Avatar

Have you tried Serpent Spine Foohills yet? If so, how does it compare to North Majestic Woods? There are two bandit camps in Serpent Spine Foothills. All of the bandits are melee and at least 80% of them drop Halberds. It's a 4 skull area.

Bom likes this.
  6. Burzmali

Burzmali Avatar

I'll have to give it a look, about a third of the bandits in North Majestic Woods are fighters. Though the area comes with the added benefit of spiders which weaken or kill several of the enemies for speedier collecting.

Bom likes this.
  7. Sixclicks

Sixclicks Avatar

There's not much that fights the bandits in Serpent Spine Foothills. I generally gather all of them up at each camp and then drop Ring of Fire, Immolation, Fireball, and the occasional Chain Lightning and just kite them through all of the fire until all 8-12 of them die from the DoTs ticking away their health. So the efficiency of killing them might differ depending on your build. There will be a few Ruffians that only drop rusty axes mixed in there plus the occasional Thug which drops War Hammers, but the majority of the bandits are Fighters. The scene is a clone of the Twin Foohills (entrance scene to Elysium Mines) in case you're familiar with that scene.

Other than the bandits, there are Large Timber Wolves, Elder Wolves, and Grizzly Bears there, but not in large abundance. The Fighters are what's important because of their weapons.

FrostII and Bom like this.
  8. Snazz

Snazz Avatar

My favs: (order not important but all have high xp and/or thick resources)

Twins foothills / Elysium (thugs/ore)

Deep Ravenwood (elder wolf, red spider)

Superstition Canyon (Mandrake, copper, pine, Nightshade + control point)

Older favs (not 5 skull)

Plains of Nigh Inis
    Other Ravenwoods
    Serpent Spine / mines with Iron/citrine

Bom likes this.
  9. kl4nk

kl4nk Avatar

its funny you ask that,, i have just made this.. enjoy.

FrostII, Tydes, Rada Torment and 3 others like this.
  10. Bom

Bom Avatar

You've got troll killing down to a science!

Mitara and The Hendoman like this.
  11. Lifedragn

Lifedragn Avatar

And yet only got 9 gold.

I hope things get fixed to where circle strafing is ineffective. No offense to those who do it, it is just an immersion breaking design for me. I would love to see better AI handling for using terrain that the enemy can't reach using nearby pathfinding. They definitely shouldn't stand there and take it, but terrain advantage IS immersive and so 'evade healing' shouldn't be a thing NPCs do.

Mitara and Bom like this.
  12. The Hendoman

The Hendoman Avatar

Serpents spine is nice for a lot of players that arent OP but are on that lvl 50 xp grind time of their life... The only negative is the lack of pine - i think it's all maple in there, and tons of iron. it is fun taking some time to unchain the fighters so they arent 4 deep. The mine is a good place to get iron, the first level is pretty easy - and there's citrine and such down below. Blah blah everyone knows this.

But you give me a 4 skull ravenswood (which has a little of everything) ill grind the hell outta it. :)

THE HENDOMAN

Bom likes this.
  13. kl4nk

kl4nk Avatar

Yep 9gp. But if you sell gems. Potions. Repair kit and obsidian chip i average about 450gp each kill. And thats just if i sell to npc vendor, imagine on you own or public vendor.

Bom likes this.
  14. Lifedragn

Lifedragn Avatar

Ok, wow... for some reason I assumed you had only gotten a couple gem fragments. Don't know how I missed all of those full gems. Yes, that makes a huge difference!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.