In game events

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by manufacturedsoul, Sep 22, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. manufacturedsoul

manufacturedsoul Avatar

So I play a few single player / online RPG games on my phone, the two main ones are Final Fantasy Record Keeper and Final Fantasy Brave Exvius. I realize these are different types of games than SotA but the reason I bring them up here is because they are technically solo games but have online aspects mainly events or team battles.

I kinda like how they merge the solo game with the multiplayer aspects of these games, while it wouldn't really work for SotA per say I do think that the events aspects of them really could.

Basically what happens is usually once per month they introduce new recipes to build cool weapons / armor / items etc or open up access to rare dungeons normally closed. These things usually require a fair amount of resources to create or gain access to some of these requirements make the SotA requirements for crafting in terms of needed materials seem like nothing bottom line it's ALOT of materials. Now most of these materials are standard stuff you can farm in game at anytime but usually one of these ingredients are only available in a certain dungeon or all dungeons but only for a certain period of time usually about 2 weeks to 1 month. Once the event ends these rare event materials can no longer be harvested but the recipes last forever and you can craft said items whenever assuming you harvested the rare materials and recipes during the events time frame. UO even kinda had something similar but no where near as well refined in the treasures of Tokuno events where you harvested artifacts from rare mob drops then traded 10 in for 1 better artifact.

I know from the groups I'm in for these games that when these events start everyone seems to play a lot more to get what they need to make the items they want. I feel like a similar model could be added into SotA to keep the game fresh and give people a reason to get out there and kill mobs, mine nodes, skin corpses, harvest trees etc. during said event these mats could drop randomly from these nodes as extras occasionally and be stored up by players to create a new "event" item. Maybe the recipe is gained via a short quest then you have to work on harvesting / trading for the materials you need before the event ends. The recipe could also just be for sale on a special vendor for the duration of the event. The beauty of events like these compared to a one time event or a crowded lag fest boss fight event is that they could be done at any time, in any mode, and by anyone as long as it was within the time frame of said event / release and the player is willing to put in the time / effort needed.

Anyway in terms of SotA I wouldn't be suggesting over powered event items for people to craft but maybe a different "rare" graphic weapon or armor with same or just slightly better stats as other similar weapons or armor. Or neat housing deco items only available to people who completed the recipe quest and then harvested the needed materials. Or creating jewels or foods that give certain bonuses when applied to enhancing / master working or are eaten.

I think just implementing a neat event cycle into the game maybe a new one every release could go a long way in making the game seem less stagnant until more regular content is available not only that but even after there is a lot of content it helps to keep the game fresh for everyone and helps stimulate the economy as people harvest and sell / trade these event materials or even the finished products.

Its just a thought. I doubt it would actually be implemented and maybe some people would hate this idea for some reason or other. Either way I feel like some kind of monthly / release related event could go a long way in making the game more enjoyable for everyone. I really liked the old hat quests just cause it kept stuff fresh in the old releases, they were a little to basic in my opinion but followed what I think would make for a good event schedule basically one new event per release.

Anyone else have any thoughts on possible R# events being implemented? Sorry if the original post is a little long!

2. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

[​IMG]

3. Moiseyev Trueden

Moiseyev Trueden Avatar

DDO has similar events that run for a short period of time and its lots of fun and gets more active people usually (its all about the rares).

4. Nadomir

Nadomir Avatar

That's certainly something to think about, but more for the time the game has actually been launched. Of course such events need to be prepared and tested, too, but first things first.

Moiseyev Trueden and Time Lord like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.