Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Health and focus Regen rate

Discussion in 'Release 34 Dev+ Feedback Forum' started by Lord Stein, Sep 24, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cairo Hayden

Cairo Hayden Avatar

What is the latest regen rate at then? Because the numbers before were just outrageous.

2. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

i was getting 6 points per tick

Oba Evesor likes this.
  3. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

Is that with or without food buff?

4. mdsota152

mdsota152 Avatar

So let’s get this straight… after a major post by Darkstarr on the Upcoming Econ Balance where they admit things are out of whack and players don’t make enough money and afford things like reagents… Port is now all but forcing two new things players have to buy… potions and food… cool… we can be even poorer.

Oh, and I also remember when Richard first announced and discussed food in a hangout last year he specially pointed out that food was not going to be required, it would only buff and improve things... but I guess it does that now as long as things are totally nerfed first.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2016
  5. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

without

6. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I ate a +2 food and it didn't seem too far off R33.

7. Satan Himself

Satan Himself Avatar

All I know is that I ate a Snickers and it satisfied me, but my regen is still too slow. :(

Also tonight had a burrito, 5 spring rolls, 3 beers and a little bag of M&Ms. Gonna go play gustball facing backwards. :eek:

Acred, Womby, cartodude and 3 others like this.
  8. Mr. Hatter

Mr. Hatter Avatar

Going to have to agree with most people on this thread, after playing R34 QA and waiting between kills. I have come to the conclusion that they need to reverse course quickly on the food requirement for Health/Focus Regen. Waiting more than 1-2 mins tops between killing mobs is boring and is a very noticeable waste of a players time, I suggest instead of making food mandatory in order not to pull your eyes out, make food provide noticeable and desirable buffs.

Gamician, Chatele, Acred and 4 others like this.
  9. Traveller13

Traveller13 Bug Hunter

My health/focus regen at rest is around 9.5 points per tick in R33. It is around 7 points per tick with the latest R34 build. That's inline with the 75% statement that Chris has made.

Oba Evesor and moko like this.
  10. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

I don't remember him saying it would only buff and improve things. He had charts and charts of all sorts of cool plans for eating. So I just remember it differently. Anyway not trying to argue that point but food was a planned system to come into the game and it will as with every system need our feedback to make it better. Just imo. :)

11. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

To be honest I don't like that there's now yet another expense to adventuring when we already struggle to make a basic income to pay for the vast array of gold sinks everywhere you turn.
    But if at least, paying for food will bring me back up to where I was, I can deal with it. Haven't tested again since latest patch but we're getting down to the wire so I guess we'll see how it plays out

Lord Barugon, Budner and moko like this.
  12. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

It goes along with the death penalty of dying, being locked between barriers without an ankh, and then having to wait 5 minutes without doing anything before you can respawn. Fun times.

cartodude likes this.
  13. LoneStranger

LoneStranger Avatar

We know loot sucks, so that will probably go up as well, once they figure out exactly how much more people are spending, maybe even as soon as Friday, but most likely not until early next week so enough data is gathered.

14. Merv DeGriff

Merv DeGriff Avatar

I was spending more time trying to get focus back than anything else. With no weapon, a pure mage is rather painful in R34. Stances or not.

Pikegirl and Acred like this.
  15. mdsota152

mdsota152 Avatar

:) np... I just remember him trying to point out that food would be optional because people would complain if it was required system so the intent was to add buffs on top of the existing system... but when you nerf the hell out of everything first.. you wind up making it a required system.

16. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

While there are stances, @Chris did you consider possibly just adding a small hp/focus regen effect, and possibly an increase to agro range, to the /sit emote? This can help get players closer to what they had before without having to skill into a stance just to play. Plus, many players will already be used to this functionality, as many MMOs have a regen bonus while sitting.

17. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Yeah no worries as well. I am not as against food being required as some are, I think we could have some fun with it, like as I've mentioned growling stomachs, and sugar highs etc. The character versus the environment kind of things have always been interesting to me. I want to see the person next to me die trying to build up a resistance to poison if they are not careful, and have that be a good opportunity for the person next to them to gain in their resurrection skill. ;) I guess I just have my own picture of what I'd like going on around us. To me it's not just about the battle, but the whole game and what is happening everywhere. What are the details going on during the actions and what actions are happening and how do they impact other actions, and how cool to watch are they?

lol ok ok sorry got on a tangent, I do understand what is being said about focus issues as well, and I know how important the feedback and discussions like this will be to get that workable for us or not. Some games like for example Vanguard Saga of Heroes which I had a love/hate relationship with, had a extreme and torturous death penalty, but still it did not keep it's followers from the game because of the game having other aspects of the game that they liked. So some choices that will be made, perhaps will not be our favorite, but as long as we get them balanced and fleshed out during this time as best we as we can, this is what is important for now.

edited

Last edited: Sep 27, 2016
    Lord Baldrith and cartodude like this.
  18. moko

moko Avatar

I really dislike this sit feature, I am a fan of keeping it simple. I think simple in this case would be to make food give a meaningful bonus but not nerf regen totally into the ground.

I played the new QA build this evening and I think the regen rates are higher now? Or maybe it was me trying another build :D I'll try to do some more extensive testing tomorrow, verifying hat the rates indeed have changed, and it's not just a matter of play style, but anyways, today everything seemed ok-ish to me :) Thanks for that!

Last edited: Sep 27, 2016
  19. Chatele

Chatele Avatar

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++1 I do not like this one bit. I already have to wait for power and health regen after every kill as an archer in light armor. Now I have to wait and eat food to regen? naw not for me .... not fun ....

20. Lord Baldrith

Lord Baldrith Avatar

Is there any chance we could have a meditation feature we could train up? That's how I got my mana back fairly fast in UO...

majoria70, Budner and moko like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.