Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

the nerf on bow is the real deal huh.

Discussion in 'Release 34 Feedback Forum' started by kl4nk, Sep 29, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rada Torment

Rada Torment Community Ambassador (ES)

There is something weird with hit chance right now, not the same as crit chance changes (this one was a good change imo).

I also missed like 6-7 hits in a row and I never see that before. Tested with yellow-orange mobs.

Lets see if we found a new r34 bug or its something they missed to mention.

2. Sixclicks

Sixclicks Avatar

Magic spells will oftentimes miss red enemies, but I'm not sure I've ever had one miss an orange. Obsidian arrow is dodgeable.

Fister Magee likes this.
  3. mdsota152

mdsota152 Avatar

I'll have to watch for that... never noticed. It's my go to skill when my bow lets me down, never had an issue with it.

4. Sixclicks

Sixclicks Avatar

Try soloing the Phoenix boss. My Lightning, Chain Lightning, and Obsidian Arrow were missing at least 50% of the time against him. I didn't even know magic could miss until I fought that Phoenix. Not to say that magic misses all the time... it only does in special cases like that against Red enemies.

cartodude likes this.
  5. Rada Torment

Rada Torment Community Ambassador (ES)

Yep but thats another topic, we talking about the difference before and now, but we are not sure if this is a new bug or something "new" they added.

The difference is really noticable, missing 6+ hits in a row is something we didn't see before.

Albus, Chatele and cartodude like this.
  6. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

I'll be interested to see if since there were complaints that things were too easy if our favorite spots we liked to go are now more difficult. Also I don't know this but is it possible eating will help since it is a feature now. Not saying I know anything yet, but not testing it out to help balance it helps nothing, just sayin. :)

Lord Baldrith and Fister Magee like this.
  7. WehTeheFf

WehTeheFf Avatar

Imho pure Archer is still playable, but the miss chance feels absurdly high against yellow mobs, yes. Sometimes 3 misses in a row against a yellow enemy (while standing still).

I still don't get what exactly was changed about crit-chance, but that doesn't feel right either. +17% from a Pine Bow, about 5% from skill and about 1% from Armor. And still the crit chance feels more like 5% than 20%.

All in all it feels like a really noticable nerf to Ranged Combat in general, I haven't tried spells or melee though, maybe they've been nerfed equally?

And just to prevent misunderstandings: I don't complain about being nerfed too hard. It's just that crit chance isn't really something that you can have more of later on. The biggest portion of it comes from gear (~20%) and besides that there's not much you can do about it.
    If +5% crit chance is not a flat +5% then I don't think it'd be viable if you can have +2.5% damage instead.
    The other thing is: Missing is no fun. I'd rather have 5% less damage on all skills than a 5% chance to not hit at all. I mean we already have really high damage variation. My aimed shot sometimes hits for 30ish and sometimes crits for 150ish damage. That's already a ton of rng. I don't need more of that by missing so often :p

Last edited: Sep 29, 2016
    Albus, agra and cartodude like this.
  8. agra

agra Avatar

So now it's just like melee. :) (not actually joking, sadly)

uhop, moko, Albus and 4 others like this.
  9. jutman

jutman Avatar

Well sadly it's exactly what happened to me when they nerfed taming, and still really and truely is nerfed. With my Highest level skill being taming with all my skills being high in that tree, I have about 100 focus with my fer wolf spider summoned. Not really enough to heal him after all the time I invested into the tree. You are free to come sit it out and bank sit "UO term" with me. It's basically what I do now since they made taking unplayable.

Chatele likes this.
  10. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

Crit is definitly broken for ranged.
    Theres another forum and someone ran 1000x shotss and it is 5-6% tops.
    Just did a quick 5 min test myself.. and im running 31% crit.. and i crited like 3 times in 100 shots on green mobs. was a joke.

Ima give it 24 hours or so and wait for a response before i worry about it though. Its simple math, and its not right.

Rada Torment and Chatele like this.
  11. ThurisazSheol

ThurisazSheol Avatar

i'd figure dex+str would determine how much damage you do, while dex alone would determine how much your focus drops per loose, while the skill itself determines how often you hit, and all three determine the crit chance..

but hey, thats just me.

12. MortLupus

MortLupus Avatar

I did some quick testing against an orange Lich, with 94 Dex, 80 eagle eye and supposedly 27% crit change.

Total attacks 200
    Miss Rate 55%
    Crit rate 16.6%

From my R33 Logs versus Archer higher level than Lich
    Total Attacks 1650
    Miss Rate 11.2%
    Crit Rate 39.3%

Last edited: Sep 29, 2016
  13. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

that miss rate is insane! i have less then that and 3 days ago as a group was running against red mages and archers.. and my miss rate couldnt have been more then 15-20%.

Arpanet and Davelington like this.
  14. Davelington

Davelington Avatar

Wow, that really is ridiculous. It would be nice to have a dev respond to this thread soon.

uhop likes this.
  15. Snazz

Snazz Avatar

Perhaps due to high dex attacks always critting, no one could notice the large potential miss chance

16. MortLupus

MortLupus Avatar

My crit rate with spells is now actually higher than my bow, around 25% and I have no gear buffing that unlike for bows

17. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

Reading this all fills me with dread - as a new player I have the suckiest skills if you guys with your 50+ dex and your high bow skills cant hit, what chance do I have.. it sounds like my character is going to be shutting her eyes each time she fights and turning round quickly 3 times for good measure.. I think Im more like to stick an arrow in myself than the mob.

I know this is alpha/beta whatever and terrible things may happen, and all that, but, from what you guys have said it sounds like my week off playing this game to oddly get my skills up is going to involve a lot of death as it sounds like mobs are going to wail on me and I might as well just stand there and take it.

Albus and Chatele like this.
  18. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

Honestly its such a drastic differnce, in not only the crit chance but the miss chance too, that it has to be a bug.
    Ill be surprised if they dont address or fix it in the next 48 hours.
    So just take a breath and realize its just bad timing as after some major releases theres always things to twerk after.
    Theres a whole list of things not working properly in new patch, but they pretty good for responding =)

liz_the_wiz likes this.
  19. jutman

jutman Avatar

Just remember in R33 they totally nerfed taming and then tweaked it some to help it out. (But never made it worth raising taming) they will probably be making adjustments. Could be a simple line of code that's not calculating correctly like it was with taming. Or it maybe intentional. Couldn't tell u but next few days they will address the issue most likely. Until then u r welcome to bank sit with me and my fer wolf spider that is worthless!

20. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

In the other thread the guy tested with 1000 shots and he was averaging around a 6% crit on yellows.
    At the very least the crit has to be broken (he had a 27% chance)
    I did quick lil self test and it was blatently obvious . Killen greens i was getting like 5% , when im rocking 31% (pine bow, supple armor, the skill + masterworking etc etc) and it seems like its only the base weapon crit registering. which is laughable.
    Im sure they will address today or tommorow, so ill just play other things till draw and things calm down. lol

Snazz likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.