Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

the nerf on bow is the real deal huh.

Discussion in 'Release 34 Feedback Forum' started by kl4nk, Sep 29, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

I see my bugfinder curse lives on, maybe when I posted to introduce myself I should have announced the curse that goes with me.. I have this "gift" I seem to have a talent to make even hello world apps crash, to join things as they all go south.. so.. I guess my record remains.. Ive only been here a week ..

On the other side, my patching didnt go so well and it seems Im not the only one, as its now started downloading again from the start!! It took around 7+ hours to get the patch..... and starting again as its now 1.30am, was so not what I wanted to see.

2. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

... took me 25 min.. through steam..

Lord Ravnos and Fister Magee like this.
  3. Rada Torment

Rada Torment Community Ambassador (ES)

We have some good real feedback here, with tested numbers.

Keep this thread up!

MrBlight likes this.
  4. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

Id like to feed back, now Im in game, as a newb my super suckyness is around about the same as it was before. So it would seem that would tie in a lot with the findings above.. It obviously effects you much more the more crit + skill you should have.. you're all en-par with me now :)

5. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

Bows definently feel like they got a nerf, Not sure if im am opposed to it yet. Im assuming the crit part of the problem is a bug 20-25% crit chance but im only landing about 5% on greens. If thats fixed I think it would feel more ballanced out.

Im 2x gm with bows and greens feel real atm. Many support skills are 80-90 as well.

Arcanoxer and MrBlight like this.
  6. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

I can live with missing more on oranges /reds ..
    Long as the crit gets fixed, (im a pure archer) I can still live with missing a bit more on higher level stuff for sure. Made a pure crit archers, so i basically feel 40 levels lower without my crit chance being in effect.. so im just gonna watch forums till a dev confirms =) (and im stalling for draw lol )

Govenor Ruin likes this.
  7. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

Yea taming is dead, was a fun skill but the punishment is way to high. Archery was very strong but so was melee if everything got nerfed evenly tbh it needed it. Miss rates might be to high now idk but I can tell you crit is broken atm. Im crit stacked and it rare now when I get a crit.

8. Spinok

Spinok Avatar

On orange mob you can miss all arrows from rapidfire now :eek:
    I`m pretty sure that it depend of adv.level for 95% and for 5%(both atack skill and dex)
    If I need 100 dex, ok, but if i will have a 100 dex, I will use air magic, I dont need bow at all in this case.
    Great mechanics - if you would like to be good in PVE you have to be AOE mage - this should be first line in any SOTA guide :D

9. Couldin

Couldin Avatar

Fighting red elfs tonguth with magic and I was missing A LOT. It's not just ranged that got changed. Of course it's it as bad against yellow, but I'm still missing some. It does sound like ranged is worse though.

It's easier to get a lot more attempts with fire, so you'll have a larger sample size due to DoTs. Unlike things like obsidian arrow.

10. Arcanoxer

Arcanoxer Avatar

Archery feels nerfed, big time!
    I have so many missed shots against green Skeletons and Zombies with 98 Ranged Combat and 56 Dex.
    Not to mention the poor Crit. chance.

Please make Archery great again!

Last edited: Sep 30, 2016
  11. Albus

Albus Avatar

Just adding that in testing both ranged and melee (blades), this effect is present in at least both those forms of combat - increased misses, crits reduced to insignificance in combat. I've about equal skill in blades & ranged (GM in both) and the misses & reduced crits appear equally affected in both these forms of combat (and I would guess in polearms/bludgeon as well, though I have *not* tested that).

12. Davelington

Davelington Avatar

13. amarious

amarious Avatar

I'm not the only one! Hahaha...I thought my bow had broke because I shot at a orange lich about 30 times and did not land a hit. Taming now archery? I just spent the last half hour planting nearly 300 cotton and found it more enjoyable then missing every target I try to shoot.

Arcanoxer and Davelington like this.
  14. nonaware

nonaware Avatar

there is something wrong with the crit and hit maths at the moment. much like when they partially fixed the line of sight exploit on some mobs and broke ranged turning it into melee.

we will see a fix in a week or so i expect based on previous issues.

but i still find it strange they keep messing with ranged and not buffing melee while some mage builds appear to be easily outpacing everyone by 2x or more times according to some.

Arcanoxer and amarious like this.
  15. Evilgamer

Evilgamer Avatar

Sounds like how melee has always worked. Hopefully npcs got the same nerf since even 6 green archer skeletons could win a fight against me at al80 (and did Wednesday. I got away with 5/700hp with at least 2 still standing. )

And they did something to crit across the board.

Really yelling fighting something like a troll now that you can't overpower in a few seconds.

16. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

Melee did get boosted a lil this round making 1h stronger.

Crit is so broken it hurts. Lol i also expect a fix very soon though it made my char unplayable for the weekend.

The miss rate is also crazy, makes me feel like eagle eye has 0 effect.
    Patch notes imply all they wantes to do was fix crit rate so it cant be exploited for 80% like some people were or something.
    Dont know why hit rate was even touched. Maybe it was also un intentional. Rrally hope a dev gets some info on this out today. I was hopen to play this weekend.

17. Burzmali

Burzmali Avatar

Not 100% sure on hit rate, but it feels like the penalties for fighting enemies above your level had been ramped up. Based on my experiences with yellow foes, I think the old range for yellows has been shortened so that it only applies to enemies of a lower level than you, with the penalty band for orange either extended or shifted into the gap.

18. WehTeheFf

WehTeheFf Avatar

No news about crit, but I fought a Ferocious Red Spider today (the one in the Forest Cave in West Ravenswood). First time for me, so I don't know how much worse it is compared to R33.
    The mob was red for me.
    Attacks: 248
    Misses: 196 (~79.03%)
    Crits: 21 (~8.47%)

I get that it has to be hard to fight red mobs, I just don't like the approach. Feels like being punished twice for fighting a harder mob. It's already harder due to level, but 80% miss chance on top? Come on :-(

Arpanet likes this.
  19. Burzmali

Burzmali Avatar

The message is clear, despite your game playing skills, the devs have decided that you aren't tall enough for that ride. Go grind some more and buy a hat from the store.

Lord Barugon and Fister Magee like this.
  20. Xanderxavier

Xanderxavier Avatar

crit chance is not just an issue on bows, it affects copper two-handed sword, pretty sure it's no longer counting crit chance from weps or armour atall, not sure if its counting dex or not, pretty sure its still counting the two dex passives, as raising them has helped my crit chance in practice go up a little, tis a bug in dev tracker on it but no eta to fix, given how big an issue it is twould hope they'd have made it a priority fix, but... alas they fixed lots of cosmetic stuff but ignored it thusfar:( i'm sitting the game out till its fixed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.