Wish we could have better communication

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by coyotemoon, Oct 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. coyotemoon

coyotemoon Avatar

Really disappointed in this patch. As a melee char i am having a much harder time fighting what i was killing before. i am hitting much less often and much softer than before. i know 2 handed sword got a nerf instead of just buffing 1 handed to make more viable. i understand that there was "math error" for like a year or so that managed to go unnoticed and now they "fixed" it to where everyone testing has less crit than what is stated by weapon and skills. I did not see where they announced that physical attacks are connecting way too much so they wanted to make sure melee and ranged missed a lot more often. the overall effect after nerfing crit, damage, and hit rate all the while decreasing regen even when using best food. Having 4 things hit me in reducing my combat ability at once and then reading many threads and bug reports and not seeing any word on what is working as intended and what is bugged is disconcerting. I truly do understand that this game is a work in progress and things will be nerfed as the need arises, but i really feel like communicating these ideas well would go a long way to reducing the negative posts from people being surprised by these changes. It seems like since the "Great Targeting Kerfuffle of 2016" devs have been far less communicative in fear of public outrage. I hope this changes back and more people are kept in the loop that changes are happening and why we are moving one way or another.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2016
    Jaxtron, Montaigne, Cianna and 5 others like this.
  2. Leelu

Leelu Avatar

I feel your pain.

Cianna likes this.
  3. Chatele

Chatele Avatar

yep, a true bummer. I feel your pain as well and I am an archer having problems what I was able to kill before. I usually hunted in a 5 skull zone, now I am back to a 4 skull zone, and having issues there :( adventuring isn't fun for me any more...

Cianna likes this.
  4. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

Agree.

5. jammaplaya

jammaplaya Avatar

I use two handed, fire spells, and all my gear is based around crit chance.

I'm not even half as powerful now as I was before lol...

I can see why they took death penalties out for r34 now.

King Robert and MrBlight like this.
  6. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

Pure crit archer, Also took a masssiive hit. But im pretty confident that the Crit chance is broken and will be fixed soon. Seems like its all running on base wep crit chance atm.

7. Deadly Habit

Deadly Habit Avatar

I just wish there was some more clarity on the formulas/math behind skills on both adventuring and crafting so we don't waste xp on skills assuming they do something, eg: What on a harvesting skill tree affects the critical rate.

King Robert likes this.
  8. The Hendoman

The Hendoman Avatar

welcome to a game in the making. Everything is going to be nerfed, changed, deleted, you aren't going to know what is useful, and that's what making a game takes. Get out and try to stay away until it is finished. You will be happier than being burned out now forever. You'll get back and see a better game.

THE HENDOMAN

9. Deadly Habit

Deadly Habit Avatar

Oh completely understandable, just a bit more clarity would be nice even in the tooltips.

10. The Hendoman

The Hendoman Avatar

and you are right. Clarity. May I recommend you join a guild where there is a high investor in charge? Find out who is a backer, what guild, apply, and you will also get the inside scoop. The people paying for Sota get the info. Join em with your wallet or suck up to the ones who did.

THE HENDOMAN

11. Deadly Habit

Deadly Habit Avatar

Already in a top notch guild and get some of the dev+ info shared to me, just you'd think they'd have more clarity on the tooltips or a better tutorial for new and experienced players alike. It definitely is a barrier for new players at the moment.

12. Snazz

Snazz Avatar

Luckily I'm a hybrid DK, so leaning on my Death Tree heavily.

50% of my build is critical 2HS, so I am definitely feeling your pain. Here's hoping they fix the formula for Monday

13. Black Tortoise

Black Tortoise Avatar

actually, what would go a long way to reducing negative posts from people would be people choosing to make less negative posts.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.