Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Verdantis Mines lower level, annoying/crazy respawn rate

Discussion in 'Release 34 Feedback Forum' started by Nolove 0369, Oct 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nolove 0369

Nolove 0369 Avatar

Verdantis Mines lower level trying to mine Silver.

The Earth Elemental Spawn is completely out of control, this area is no longer playable as a mine, having to fight 2-3 Earth Elementals at a time is one thing, and ok we can get past that, But when they are respawning every 2 nodes, it is ridiculous. I'm trying to mine to gather resources, all I have done is Fight, I got 75 silver in 2 1/2 hours of playing, since I'm Fighting Fighting Fighting way more then mining.
    This is Unacceptable for a mining area, and just shows a complete lack of game balance
    I Have reached the breaking point.
    So Congratulations Devs you have made the game unplayable, So we will no longer be playing it.

Ps. And don't comment with the Risk Vs reward BULL S*%T
    because the counter will be Time investment vs yield.

2. Verit

Verit Avatar

There are other posts asking to make more difficult zones.
    The devs can't please all the people all the time.

3. Innascual Inch

Innascual Inch Avatar

Don't confuse difficult with annoying.

4. Makaryus Drach

Makaryus Drach Avatar

I agree. I think the change to spawn mechanics in R34 may need to be tweaked for particular zones or types of zones.

5. Makaryus Drach

Makaryus Drach Avatar

6. uhop

uhop Avatar

Nolove 0369 and Makaryus Drach like this.
  7. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Wait you mean it is hard to mine in an area with a spawn, Y E A H ...

This game started out way to easy, w a y to easy . What you see now is the way everything should have started. It is much easier to give things to players rather than take away.

To the development team - - - I.T.Y.S, - - over and over I asked that you all make things almost impossible from the start - now you are reaping your rewards for making the game so easy and trying change it to what you intended.

mass, MrBlight, Bom and 3 others like this.
  8. Nolove 0369

Nolove 0369 Avatar

Don't try to make this sound like a Crying rant,
    This is simply put, a mining zone/ area should allow you to be able to mine. Do I want completely easy, NOPE. Go reread my post, like I said fighting 2-3 mobs at a time is ok, If after to kill the Mobs you can go mine the Ore, as it is now you kill the mobs get into swinging your pick ax and your interrupted buy new mobs, you don't get to Mine, in a mine. That's the issue. Its a simple mater of turning the spawn rate down slightly in side the mines.
    This has nothing to do with adventuring zones so Crank up the spawn rate in adventuring zones, that's what were there for, but inside a mine were there to Mine, we want to mine, we need to mine, we like to mine.
    WHY CANT WE JUST MINE! kill a few mobs MINE MINE kill a few mobs MINE MINE kill a few mobs, Rinse and repeat....

Simpple facts are, this is a simple fix, its been posted on a few different threads, yet it gets nothing, I for one have lost faith in the DEVs managing my investments, I have put 1000s of dollars into this game, and its just not fun to play, its a MASSIVE GRIND, almost like a second job. I mean play the game out of god mode and go see what hell your putting the players though.

9. Xandra7

Xandra7 Avatar

The fast re-spawn of mobs I hope will be reconsidered and slowed down, I realize some may enjoy the constant fighting, but speaking for myself ... it just makes me want to log out because the balance of hectic and calm is tipped to over stimulation in a bad way.

10. Mugly Wumple

Mugly Wumple Avatar

How long should it take to mine 75 silver?

4EverLost, Kara Brae and rild like this.
  11. Mr. Hatter

Mr. Hatter Avatar

well considering you burn thru 100 ore for 5 masterworks, and fail on quite a lot of them before you make something usable, quite fast in my opinion.

12. Lord Ravnos

Lord Ravnos Avatar

Personally I'm loving the increased challenge of mobs spawning while I chop! But I could see it getting out of hand in specific areas... unless, unless these zones were meant to have party protection in order to mine efficiently. Hire a few local adventurers for a pint of ale maybe?

Sounds like it might be worth a try?

13. himmelweiss22

himmelweiss22 Avatar

The respawn rate is WAY too high/fast in pretty much all zones, it's just lol...
    I don't even have to move anymore when farming for Gold, mobs keep spawning and spawning (and i was in friend mode).

ridiculous...

And yeah, in the mines, the respawn is just annoying (not hard at all, can kill stuff easily).
    It just makes no fun at all, constant fighting/respawn, non-stop.

Chatele and uhop like this.
  14. Senash Kasigal

Senash Kasigal Avatar

I think its intended and it is ok for me.
    Miners need protectors!
    Its from another thread, but i think it is applicable to all mines.

15. Horance

Horance Avatar

I'm still not sure if it's a bad thing or not, but I can confirm the spawn rate of enemies in Elysium, Graff and Verdantis is pretty high.
    The spawn rate has been increased for mines in R33 and has been increased again, globally, in R34.
    For example, in the gem room, you have to indeed fight 2 or 3 earth elementals every couple of nodes, and it's not unusual to have to fight against 6 or more elementals in a row.

uhop and rild like this.
  16. rild

rild Avatar

I am enjoying the increased difficulty, and ask you to consider that it may be correcting an imbalance. Please keep in mind this is still early release, changes are not fixed, and they will continue. I am not dismissing your opinion tho, and your feedback is valuable! You are helping the devs to find the balance you seek.

Senash Kasigal's LB quote helps put it in perspective. We are not supposed to be able to solo everything. I imagine the nodes will spawn more quickly now as well.
    Please keep in mind also that this affects not only combat but the economy - perhaps there has been too much ore.

You ARE digging into their mama and their home with pickaxes.. are you surprised they are upset? ;)

Think of it like a control point for resources; In the past, the rush of enemies was very difficult on entering the scene. Once you had defeated the crowd, you only had occasional respawns that were easily defeated, essentially allowing unfettered farming.

Rather than offer diminishing returns on resources, they have increased the danger. To me, it would make sense for the wave of mobs to INCREASE over time (to a point, and depending on the zone).

Perhaps they could apply some control point rules to these areas. A couple ideas
    • If you are able to hold for a period of time you gain bonus resources (Super Spawn!)
    • Or a "blessing" (or a curse for that matter).
    • This would be a cool place to implement weapon -vs- mob attunement
      • i.e. You just cleared the mine so you get 7 days of bonus damage against earth elementals
      • or the same effect as obsidian potion of precision
      • and so on...

Last edited: Oct 2, 2016
  17. Jefe

Jefe Avatar

So there are two things that play into the consternation that people are having with that area.
    1. The increased spawn rate that people have mentioned.
    2. The new telepathic knowledge that a nearby monster is being attacked.

Since spawns happen in groups then when one respawns and you attack it, any nearby monster will sense that and come charging. The effect is not broken by lack of Line of Sight and tether distance. I have seen the earth ele in the back of the bottom chamber come charging when I attack one in the front (since it exceeded its tether distance it immediately snapped back). Fortunately I can survive the 3, 4, and 5 elemental onslaughts.

I think this particular area is the worst case scenario of the increased monster sight, the group respawn, and the monster hive mind (attack one and the hive swarms).

If they intend it that way, we will find out.

4EverLost, rild and Bom like this.
  18. Jon B

Jon B Avatar

It is bittersweet but if you can deal with it then great, if not then maybe you should gain some more levels. I for one enjoy it, however they do spawn pretty fast, and it is nice to gain xp and gold too, would be nice to see a slight bump on the gold drop on them, hopefully this will drive up the cost on silver as well as master worked items.

Verit and rild like this.
  19. rild

rild Avatar

If Port agrees that it has become too difficult, perhaps it's a matter of aggro levels and range - maybe these were not adjusted to compensate for more (and therefore denser groups of) mobs.

4EverLost likes this.
  20. Lazlo

Lazlo Avatar

I like the change because it makes combat prowess more relevant to gathering prowess and adds more strategy and depth to mining. I also haven't noticed the effects to be as extreme as a lot have made them out to be, but I think that will vary a lot depending on level/skills.

Ao Soliwilos, Verit and rild like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.