Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

the nerf on bow is the real deal huh.

Discussion in 'Release 34 Feedback Forum' started by kl4nk, Sep 29, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I know that the nerf to criticalls is upsetting people but the real deal breaker for me is the massive increase in missing. You do zero damage when you miss and there's no chance to interrupt!

Epiphany, uhop, Davelington and 2 others like this.
  2. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

I agree. Im screwd on both ends.
    I cant hit anything. And when i kill lower stuff, havning built a full crit archer, in doing fck all.

Getting reallll pissed off now. All the time i put into crit armor n this bow ( even masterworked for crit chance) and its obsolite till they fix. My char is easily 50% of what he was 2 days ago. Cant even farm properly. And ffs i wanted to spend all weekenx gettn the cash t setup these new lot deeds and now i cant do that unless i farm greens. Which is bs.

Fix the damn crit !!

Epiphany likes this.
  3. Vailin Brocktoon

Vailin Brocktoon Avatar

+1 to this thread...Just logged in....can't fight thru orange enemies anymore so 4 skull areas are off limits for me....3 skull areas I get overwhelmed by respawn rates/constant missing when fighting yellows. Add to this the slow down on mana/health refresh and the game just isn't fun to play. I know this is in alpha but devs need to know that games should be fun---this is not fun. If I want a frustrating grind I'll spend my time working (earning actual money) or working out :) Time to give this game a break.

Epiphany, uhop and cartodude like this.
  4. Sir Brenton

Sir Brenton Avatar

Very.. very good point.

5. mdsota152

mdsota152 Avatar

<wisecrack> Maybe this is all a plot by Port to make us dependent on the Oracle's 500gp handout... if we can't go out and fight and earn a living, then we'll need her handout more and more forcing us to rely on her new welfare state she is creating... </wisecrack>

Kara Brae and Chairstacker like this.
  6. Katrina Bekers

Katrina Bekers Localization Team

From the little adventuring I was able to embark into, the crit part is not the worst. I crit often enough when I hit. It's the absurdly insane amount of new misses that worries me - especially on yellow ("your level") enemies.

It turned from a predictably stable damage delivery, to a wildly warying rollercoasters of 0's and massive hits.

Oh, of course, worth of mention that NPC archers still have their homing missile skill firmly embedded and active, and NEVER dare to miss you (unless you dodge).

Kara Brae, KuBaTRiZeS and cartodude like this.
  7. Davelington

Davelington Avatar

I have to say, I'm a little surprised that there has been no dev response to this. Even a 'we're looking into it' would be reassuring, but instead there seem to be players left concerned, some even deciding to take a break from the game as a whole.

I understand that the game is in pre alpha and that changes and errors will happen, but communication is a key part of making this process enjoyable.

To be clear, this isn't intended to be a negative post. I (really) love this game and I think the devs do a wonderful job! I just think it would be good to know what's happening, even if it isn't what we'd like to hear.

Epiphany and Scraps MacMutt like this.
  8. kl4nk

kl4nk Avatar

well the game got a tad more difficult, maybe that was the objective,, and i go trough so many arrows now,, 2k arrow is not enough for an hour now. the game got slowed wayyyyy down,, with all the miss, the focus regen, and the lack of crit,, i feel like this might be the plan all along. to slow the game down.

9. Davelington

Davelington Avatar

Yeh, you might be right kl4nk. I think reducing hit rate is a very frustrating way of achieving this though!

10. WehTeheFf

WehTeheFf Avatar

To be fair I think the hitting feels worse than it actually is - as long as you are fighting mobs about your level or below. No idea how much moving while shooting affects hit chance now, maybe there's some optimization potential on our (the players') side. I'm not saying the miss chance is fine this way, I definitely don't like it, because it's no fun, but it's still possible to kill yellow stuff as a pure Archer.
    My opinion about miss chance in general is, I'd rather do less damage overall than missing things, sometimes twice in a row or more. We already have a very wide range in terms of damage numbers. Most weapons and skills have a range like 20-70, plus there is crit. So your damage can be anywhere between 20 and 140. It's already pretty unreliable and I think that's ok. No need to add that big miss chance on top of that imho.

The crit change cannot be intended this way. It's not that it is impossible to kill anything right now. It's that crit skills and gear are a complete waste the way things are now. And I doubt that Port has any reason to do such a thing on purpose.

I think it's just bad luck that the release was on the end of the week, because now people lose patience over the weekend (because usually the weekend is the exact time when ppl have time to play).

So all in all I'm pretty optimistic that the issue will be addressed the coming week or so, probably depends on how many other critical issues arise. In the meantime we should just look for other ways of enjoying ourselves ingame or even wait a few days and come back once they fix this.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2016
  11. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

*farms greens and wood/cotton in easy zone till its fixed. lol *

Davelington likes this.
  12. WehTeheFf

WehTeheFf Avatar

*fights skeletons and instantly makes screenshot after having critted twice in a row*
    At least this is making crits more exciting :p

13. Snikorts

Snikorts Avatar

14. rild

rild Avatar

Not to stir the pot, but archers should really have major penalties at close range, either to hitting with a ranged weapon or to their defense. Drives me nuts getting critted with an aimed shot while I'm whacking on someone with a sword. I would not be opposed to allowing for a quick swap of weapons from ranged to melee (or a weapon swap skill for that matter - could be nice for all play styles).

Please note I have pretty much no experience PLAYING with ranged weapons, just being on the receiving end - not sure if things work differently for mobs -vs- Avatars, but I sure would like it if those archers had to run or change weapons.

Albus and uhop like this.
  15. LoneStranger

LoneStranger Avatar

I'm not positive, but I thought we might be receiving more damage to our bow when it is used to parry/defend against melee attacks.

MrBlight likes this.
  16. Snazz

Snazz Avatar

Hit rate is definitely borked. Don't think a GM is supposed to miss this much on greens or yellow. Spells seem 100% fine in that scope though.

Has to be a bug, as who would skip something that huge in patch notes.

I've also wondered about that @rild
    NPC archers used to run when you got in their face. Gave you a reprieve from the heavy single target dmg. Shouldn't really function <5'

Last edited: Oct 2, 2016
  17. Senjut

Senjut Avatar

I just got back in town, been out of game since Wednesday so first time playing R34. Not seeing the hit rate problem. I am seeing the crit issues, crits are definitely happening way less. But at least fighting yellows, I'm not having any trouble at all hitting them. Getting an occasional miss (maybe 1 in 20), just like before the release. My Ranged Combat skill is 81 and my dex is 44. Eagle Eye 62. Using a Pine Long Bow +3 (with the +17% crit chance).

I'm a bit slower killing stuff due to the lack of crits, but I'm not missing...so was there a fix or something?

EDIT: Adventurer Level is 60.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2016
  18. Snikorts

Snikorts Avatar

I guess it depends how advanced you are in archery skill tree. I barely can stand yellow archers. Before R34 they were quite easy targets.

19. WehTeheFf

WehTeheFf Avatar

The miss chance really kicks in with "harder" mobs. Orange and red mobs are almost impossible to hit now, but I definitely also miss more against yellows and greens than in R33.

Lord Ravnos likes this.
  20. fyrhuf

fyrhuf Avatar

yep same here. missing all the time now. i used to hold my own in desolate ruins. now i find myself running back to the entrance constantly. frequency of spawn "seems" to have gone up or im just taking longer to kill them due to missing half the time, getting swarmed by wizards, archers, and melee units. this was the only place where i wasnt depleting my xp pool by thousands for training action glyphs :( and it was the place that brought me back to UO's britannia grave yard and grinding for hours

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.