Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Most needed feature or bug fix?

Discussion in 'Release 34 Feedback Forum' started by Mitara, Oct 4, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mitara

Mitara Avatar

What is the feature or thing in the game that you would most like the developers to either create or fix? What are we missing to get this to be a really good game?

2. Kirran

Kirran Avatar

RNG. Fix it.

Snikorts, Snazz, ZeCarlos and 2 others like this.
  3. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

Single Player Storyline and Lots More Repeatable and Interesting Dungeons. :)

Oba Evesor, uhop, Svahn and 2 others like this.
  4. Gix

Gix Avatar

The dialogue system.

Jens_T, Oba Evesor, Izadar and 3 others like this.
  5. Pepsy

Pepsy Avatar

It's all about time management now, which they seem to have under control. The hard part is being a player, and understanding both sides of the coin. On one side you have the game and the players, the other side is the business. At the end of the day the bottom line IS important, finding the right balance is key. Monetize the game too much and the fans and players will smell it. If the game doesn't make enough money it will not be able to keep competitive salary's. Competitive salary's keep the staff top notch, and are essential in any games long term success.

If it was me I would separate the workload, I would do it openly and publicly state the reasons for doing so. Rotating months where they are working on pure game content one month, and the next month where they work on game store add-ons and other financially driven projects. As a player who is really excited about this game, one of the only things that bothers me is the constant push of store items. I hate to say it but I think the few guys at top are a little disconnected with the current state of gaming affairs, and what we as players have been drug through over the past 10 years. A plethora of pay to win, buy your newest hats, store market driven games, where 95% of the dev teams time goes to designing new hats.

TlDr: There are 100's of thousands of players looking for a game that cares about THEM, not the bottom line, capitalize on that.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2016
  6. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

Crit chance clearly lol

Oba Evesor and Scraps MacMutt like this.
  7. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

Treasure Maps from the olden dold gays.

Those drove a whole lot of emergent game play and exploration.

8. Jordizzle

Jordizzle Avatar

Combat. It needs to be fun, and at the very least, interesting. When I show the combat to my friends they always say it looks utterly boring. I'm used to the way combat is so I don't care all that much. . but when I show it to someone who hasn't seen the game before. .they can't figure out why I play this. . haha

Last edited: Oct 4, 2016
  9. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

10. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

Crafting. Material quantities needed are too high, breakage/rng rates particularly at high skill levels especially considering the material requirements.

11. Nadomir

Nadomir Avatar

My Number One Issue with SotA right now is, that it currently IS all about grinding. But it should be about having fun and a good time. So we need enough story-quests and side-quest so we can earn x and money while enjoying the story. Additionally I'd like to add some system for generic quests out of a questpool so you are not asked to do the exact things over and over (over time they will repeat of course) for when we caanot or don't want to do the normal quests. But I realize that this kind of content needs to be created on a good foundation. So the real #1 task at hand would be to finish that foundation so the real content can finally be added!

12. Study_Break

Study_Break Avatar

OMG +1 +1 +1! I had so much fun treasure hunting in UO, the map system was great, loved digging up a chest, defending it, then eagerly digging through the spoils looking for good gear. Much funs!

13. Study_Break

Study_Break Avatar

Good open world PVP is why I kept coming back to UO year after year. Great sandbox, defined damage/resist system, no crits (AKA dependence on LUCK), huge variety of skills and many viable pvp builds. SOTA is a single player game w/ the option to multiplayer. Instanced zones, bad overland map idea. With they would keep all the same core UO skills/combat system/gear/crafting/etc but with the SOTA interface, graphics, etc. UO part 2, if you will.

Snikorts likes this.
  14. Muddern

Muddern Avatar

Auto stacking in the bank and a vicinity loot all option would be a nice QOL feature. (Since its all about the grind anyways lets make it more comfortable)

Matt Harris, Kirran and Chairstacker like this.
  15. Elfenwahn

Elfenwahn Avatar

A Great Story that could compete with a single player game.

A reason for why we go and hunt/grind.

uhop likes this.
  16. ChairStacker

ChairStacker Avatar

Auto stacking items that you put in your bank or a container is the biggest fix needed. This is the one thing that effects everyone who plays Shroud.

So much wasted time on manually having to stack things. This is by far the most annoying thing about this game.

17. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Oh so many choices but here is one. Inventory *sighs*. It needs work. Also I would love and have seen many people asking for bag mode and for bags that work to organize stuff. Selling on a vendor would be so much more fun and interesting if we could sell little bags of goodies and goodness to include more items you can dye like furniture, cute outfits etc. Bag mode still needs to get worked on and being able to organize anything into little bags is a fun and very great thing to get in to the game.

Lord Baldrith and Matt Harris like this.
  18. Illveran

Illveran Avatar

id say lvl 5+ dungeons!

Snazz likes this.
  19. jammaplaya

jammaplaya Avatar

Bug fix: Memory leaks. Likely the biggest problem for everyone under 32gb RAM.

Feature: floating continent POT's and functional airships

Snikorts and Matt Harris like this.
  20. Toadster

Toadster Avatar

in order.....

1. RNG
    2. Random number generator (aka. RNG)
    3. Mathematical calculations included in any success/fail, hit/miss, or CRIT calculations.

I would love a base system, foundation, or the root of all success or failure in the game, to ummm... work correctly. If I have an 95% chance to succeed then I would succeed 95% of the time. If I am suppose to CRIT 27% of the time I would CRIT 27%of the time.

uhop likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.