Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Verdantis Mines lower level, annoying/crazy respawn rate

Discussion in 'Release 34 Feedback Forum' started by Nolove 0369, Oct 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joeble

Joeble Avatar

So if crafters need to pay someone else to get their ore (or other materials), where does that gold come from to pay for it? A starting crafter has very little money, and even experienced crafters need to pay for mats and such...to me this seems like it would make prices for goods skyrocket, or crafters would have to post at a loss to sell anything.

The only reason I started crafting was because I was out there harvesting stuff, crafting anything is still pretty expensive without having to buy the materials from adventuring players.

I am just surprised people don't find the current re-spawn way too fast...I am not even talking about in mines, so far I don't even need to move around an area, I just kill a few things, wait a few seconds and kill them again. :p

2. Verit

Verit Avatar

The downfall of SWG was trying to make it appeal to a larger market by 'dumbing' it down.
    I believe that SotA players are up to the challenge and do not need to be handed everything. I think the devs should throw things at us that will make us adapt and innovate. I want to see top 'level' players and be amazed at the power they weild. That will motivate me to work towards increasing my skills. I don't want easy mode. I will feel more accomplished when I reach my goals knowing that it took hard work to get there.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2016
  3. WehTeheFf

WehTeheFf Avatar

Since at least one reader seems to have misunderstood my opinion: I've had no intent of screaming “F this I'm outta here till they fix it“. Quite the contrary, I always look for other ways to enjoy the game or try to adjust if changes persist. I mean this game hasn't been officially released. That means things change a lot. But it also means that there are bugs and temporary balance issues. And I think feedback can provide the means to make a cool game even greater.
    So when I say something doesn't work for me it's not about being negative. It's just my opinion that might be considered when the guys who actually decide stuff think about the topic.
    And of course to discuss it with other players so I can maybe get a new view on the topic.

Xandra7, DancingShade and Nolove 0369 like this.
  4. Tilric

Tilric Avatar

This might be the most useful thing in this whole thread

5. Nolove 0369

Nolove 0369 Avatar

@DarkStarr @Chris

Just run around killing cats,,,,,,oh wait that was worth a fix in the last patch, putting all of us miners out of work is not.

6. DancingShade

DancingShade Avatar

I'm in full agreement that the respawn rate and aggro ranges in such a compact space are far too high. You can still mine silver but it's quite an unpleasant chore now.

Used to be a lot more fun before aggro radius & mob respawn rates were both increased.

Arguably both respawn rates and aggro are "fine" but the area is too small and the mobs are too densely packed. Either way really.

7. Mitara

Mitara Avatar

More difficult does not mean double the amount of mobs to fight, but making the mobs we have to fight higher levels....

Verit, DancingShade and himmelweiss22 like this.
  8. LiquidSky

LiquidSky Avatar

Well..thought I would go and see what all the fuss was about.

I took my two-handed sword and melee build and headed on down to the bottom of Verdantis Mine. I did the usual road-kill of the kobolds and skellies on the way down...paused to cause some havoc on the Kobold Mages in the first crystal room.

And then the main event.

Popped into the cavern. Took down the first 4 elementals, which drained my focus.

Mined most of the silver by the entrance...then killed a couple more that popped up.

Changed my melee build to a more magical one..using fists mostly to go with Thrust and Coup De Grace (and body Slam).

Mined my way to the other side, noticed that the entrance area was full of elementals again.

Then pretty much repeated.

What I noticed mostly from the last hundred times I have come down here is that focus gets used up a lot faster. But with elementals it doesn't matter. They cant do enough damage to kill me, so I can run out of focus and still kill them.

So I like it the way it is. Keeps me awake, gives me lots of exp to go with my mining. Picked up almost 1000 gold from the elemental corpses as well.

Now if they would only drop an ore (or Ingot!) as well.

9. DancingShade

DancingShade Avatar

Honestly I'm fine with the challenge level as such but I think the mobs are too densely packed with the current respawn rate because you (well, I) spend more time fighting than mining once in bottom level mining area.

10. Joe Zhudarak

Joe Zhudarak Avatar

i call it Anti bot system....and i really apreciate!

Selat, Lord Ravnos and Lord Baldrith like this.
  11. Kevin2437

Kevin2437 Avatar

In game now - they seem to have toned down the spawn rate of the elementals.............

(Edit - just to make it clear - I'm in Verdantis Mines lower level)

Last edited: Oct 5, 2016
    Nolove 0369 likes this.
  12. Duke Death-Knell

Duke Death-Knell Avatar

I've noticed the aggro range in a few area's is really wide.

DancingShade and Nolove 0369 like this.
  13. Nolove 0369

Nolove 0369 Avatar

Spending more time fighting then mining is the hole reason this post begain.
    You nailed it. Thank you

14. uhop

uhop Avatar

My 2c on the aggro range in general.

Interesting that it doesn't depend on an avatar using a light or a night vision --- IRL I would argue that the light makes you more visible (=> bigger aggro range?), and, consequently, the night vision is more valuable skill (I am not talking about how it is implemented in SotA, just in general). When I start mining, I assume that a lot of enemies will hear my pickaxe, so the aggro range will be probably even bigger than with the light. OTOH, IRL the whole garrison does not abandon their posts just to investigate the light, or the sound of pickaxe. 1-2 guys go to do that usually. Again, when scouts see 1 (one) guy, they usually do not alert everybody, but try to take care of them themselves, only asking for help, when clearly losing (asking for help => extend the aggro range, when close to be defeated).

I know that SotA doesn't do anything like that (yet?), but all guys coming at you at once sounds illogical.

Did I miss anything?

Interesting that on several occasions, usually with skeletons, I saw a third archer shows up during a battle, when another archer, and a melee guy were already working me, and doing nothing, just standing there looking until I engage him, or kill the first two. I don't know, if it is a sign of an intelligent design, or just a bug I should report. Did anybody see anything like that?

15. Waxillium

Waxillium Avatar

Considering you must fight 1 - 2 things per tree / cotton...

DancingShade and Nolove 0369 like this.
  16. Lord Ravnos

Lord Ravnos Avatar

Some mines are dangerous...I would assume the deeper you go, the more elemental activity and it's intended to be that way. There's bound to be some places less dangerous that folks can mine more easily/without being bombarded with enemies non-stop? (I don't know though...) It sounds like w/these changes the Devs might have thought that these were being mined too easily. So it kind of has to be taken on a case by case/location by location basis.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2016
  17. Kirran

Kirran Avatar

There were no mines that didn't have the elemental groups. They are all cookie-cutters at this stage. I'll throw the argument out that the current crafting system requires materials in very large quantities, from the raw materials for armor itself as well as the masterwork and enchantment process. by the time you gather enough animal hides to make leather, tan the leather, make yards of leather, make the armor pieces and then start masterworking and enchanting the time sinks are significant. Factor in failure rates and the yields you get in crafting aren't what non-crafters might think they are.

If the thought was that the lower levels were too easily mined in the R33 spawn model then I would ask just what the vision is for how difficult the crafting part of the game is supposed to be. If it's supposed to be very difficult, then as a rule, crafters must be very strong adventurers. You cannot craft in this game if you don't get producer points from gathering.

18. Xandra7

Xandra7 Avatar

I read this, cheered, and went to Elysium mine. Blah, was still an awful experience, not hard, annoying and not the least bit of fun.
    Annoying does not equal Hard. Devs, Please change.

19. dreamlarp

dreamlarp Avatar

I think everyone is missing the OP's point. Everyone's answer is to just get stronger with more combat skills to handle it. But what if your main focus is crafting? Then why do we have to spend all day fighting and mining as it is to craft a little?

Now lets take all of your answers of this is not so hard I like it. I say what you are telling us is that we should be forced into a play style we hate with no other way to play our crafts. You keep saying well fighting is now part of crafting. Now lets tern that around on all of you and what if i said the same thing and said you have to PvP to get better at your power leveling? Then everyone here would scream out load you can't force us to PvP for any reason that's not fair!! well I say why can't any of you see that for us this s the same thing?

And I hate to see so many power player comment about an area that they just do not do. You have no idea what it is like to just want to be the best at making things but need to spend literally all day mining and getting better at fighting. Before you jump in here with your condecending I like it things should be harder for us all comments please consider what if i said the same type of thing like just learn to PvP better and shut up? This would never fly. Think before you feel the need to comment please. walk a mile in our shoes and all that.

20. Xandra7

Xandra7 Avatar

Well said, agree.

cobran, DancingShade and Nolove 0369 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.