1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Homes of New Britannia – Screenshot Submissions

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Berek, Oct 4, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Berek

Berek Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

[​IMG]

UPDATE: Congrats to these winners!

From the Homes of New Britannia – Decorating Contest official announcement thread, please post your submissions in this thread!

ONLY submissions are to be posted here! No commentary please, and no 'reserve this post spot'. The order of submissions will not have anything to do with our judging them, so don't rush submitting!

If you wish to comment on a particular submission, link the submission post and copy it into a commentary post in the announcement thread above. Please do not quote/copy images directly to the announcement discussion thread, links only to individual posts please.

If you have any questions or comments about the contest, please ask in the announcement thread above, or PM me directly.

Happy decorating!

Last edited: Nov 11, 2016
  2. Zombie

Zombie Avatar

In the dark woods of Holtrot, just south of Owl's head... lies a small cottage...

[​IMG]

On stormy days you may find a vendor named Hoggle... along side the road just past the gates of the town. He normally sets up his small shop during the evenings, but beware!!!

It is said that there is a dark presence that grows when he is around. Some report sites of large nasty creatures that come out during the dark hours of the day. Others say that he is just a normal old man that has some fair deals..

[​IMG]

I will try to visit this area later... and pass on some news of what I find...

Revisited the place today and here is what was seen..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 6, 2016
  3. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I really want to post pics of my house but the lighting is completely busted and ugly in Linux for R34. :(

[edit] I had these screen-shots from R33 :). The location is Parrot's Roost (-370.5, 96.2, 263.4), owner is Rodan. One room is not decorated due to a bug with the new fireplaces but please check out the rest of it. Be sure to take a look at the basement too.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 5, 2016
  4. moko

moko Avatar

As you arrive in Etceter it is raining cats and dogs. In mere minutes you are wet from head to toe and a stiff gale makes your teeth chatter. The Satyrs do not look bothered by the weather at all, in fact you get the feeling they look kind of condescending upon your shivering self. Hastily you head towards the center of the town, towards the inn, when an old, gruff looking man hollers at you: "Greetings traveller!" he nods towards you, while puffing on his pipe "Want to warm yourself inside at the fireplace for a bit? Feel free to browse the shop as well, although currently there is not much stock. The mistress is off again traveling in search for rare artificats and resources."

Area: Etceter (Novia_R2_City_Etceter) Loc: (34.4, 25.2, -37.6)

[​IMG]
    Outside view - the shopkeep on his pipe break

[​IMG]
    Shop - view 1 (customer's point of view)

[​IMG]
    Shop - view 2 (shopkeeper's view)

[​IMG]
    Shop - view 3 (overview)

[​IMG]
    Living room/leisure area - view

[​IMG]
    Combined study and sleeping quarters

[​IMG]
    Crafting Attic

Last edited: Oct 31, 2016
  5. Leelu

Leelu Avatar

Far away from the hustle and bustle of city life, far, far, away; lies the Riverside Lodge. Here you can rest and enjoy the sound of the various river songs.

Nestled quietly within Fortus End you will find the ocean side just a few steps outside of this sleepy little town.
    Owned and operated by Tia (Leelu) Lannister, you will always find a friendly face and a game of checkers awaiting. She always leaves a candle lit for the weary worn traveler.
    My doors are ready for visitors to enter. Come and look at your leisure. After entering Fortus End, travel down the footpath to the city proper main street. Turn left and proceed through town . Travel down the road , 1rst house on the left before you come to the covered bridge.
    Cords--10.7, 37.2,- 105.1

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Great Room
    [​IMG]
    Hallway
    [​IMG]
    Balcony view.

[​IMG]

Red Room
    [​IMG]
    Bunks For Paying Guest

[​IMG]

Parlor

Last edited: Oct 9, 2016
  6. Alexander

Alexander Avatar

Jaanaford Public Library
    Location: Jaanaford (2 story Viking Stronghold village home directly to the right at the entrance) Area: Jaanaford (Novia_R6_City_Jaanaford) Loc: (-24.4, 33.0, -164.8)
    A collection of books collected from all over Novia written by talented Novian and Outlander writers.
    [​IMG]
    Map room and lounge on first floor
    [​IMG]
    Main library on second floor
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 6, 2016
    Numa, Bow Vale, Bom and 22 others like this.
  7. Alexander

Alexander Avatar

Thought I would throw one more out. Kitchen in my basement.
    [​IMG]

Numa, Bom, Hazard and 15 others like this.
  8. Ellrynn

Ellrynn Avatar

A quiet spot in Port Titan , to garden , go fishing or .........just dream !

( Character : Shayane / the spot is north of Port Titan after the waterfall )
    Port Titan Loc (-417.2, 38.O, -404.6 )

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 6, 2016
    Concord, Numa, Bow Vale and 24 others like this.
  9. Frederick Glasgow

Frederick Glasgow Avatar

It appears your image isn't working correctly.

Tahru and Leelu like this.
  10. Berek

Berek Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Please be sure to read the guidelines on submitting your screenshots! We need all the information requested in order to qualify your submission. Thanks!

11. Trina

Trina Avatar

My home is located in the town of Point West. It rests atop a cliff where it stands alone on a beautiful and sizable space. The view from the house is breathtaking, catching almost the entire view of the town on a clear day. The neighbors of the lot (if you would call them that) are an amazing waterfall and a quaint wooden bridge. No fence is needed in this wide open area due to the private nature of living on the top of the cliff. Instead, there is a wide open field of swaying grass and attractive trees to set the stage of hospitality. From across the lake the covered bridge can be seen in the distance when soaking on the fifth floor’s outdoor ornate hot tub. For cool nights out on the deck, the third floor has an ornate automated phonograph and a lord marshal’s great hearth to keep everyone entertained and warm. At the end of a long day settle down in the private spacious bedroom located on the fourth floor to have the sounds of the nearby waterfall and cracking fireplace lull you to sleep.

Area: Point West (Novia_R8_City_PointWest) Loc: (-419.3, 65.0, -213.5)

[​IMG]
    Outside view of the house as you walk up the cliff.

[​IMG]
    A view from the bridge as the stars start to come out to greet the night sky.

[​IMG]
    A view of the hot tub with privacy screen in the back for changing into your bathing suit and a telescope for looking out at the stars.

[​IMG]
    Looking out at the covered bridge from across the lake.

[​IMG]
    The living room with spacious and inviting decor.

[​IMG]
    No house is complete without a study area to contemplate the mysteries of the Shroud.

:::: COSTUMES ::::

[​IMG]
    Sexy Witch.

[​IMG]
    Plague-bearer.

12. Anosa Saycosie of Gilnea

Anosa Saycosie of Gilnea Avatar

Lords and Ladies, I bid you welcome to the SilverGate Inn!

[​IMG]
    We are located within the snowy mountains north of Britanny in the heart of the city Beran's Reach. Loc: (41.6, 38.0, 201.8)

[​IMG]

The local merchants guild hosts a night market where goods from both far away lands and community craftsman offer their wares for the seasoned traveler...

[​IMG]

Our accommodations provide a warm hearth so dust off your boots......

[​IMG]
    Enjoy a fine meal made from local ingredients....

[​IMG]
    And turn in for the night in the privacy of your own suite......

[​IMG]

Lastly, experience the natural beauty of the mountains as you enjoy morning coffee before resuming your journey.
    [​IMG]

(Weekly and Monthly Rates apply) -Management

Last edited: Oct 20, 2016
  13. Dwalin Bombardin

Dwalin Bombardin Avatar

Introduction
    After experiencing some commercial success in the great town of Etceter, Dwalin's Smithy Shoppe was established in the great city of Owl's Head in the spring of 497 PC. Our shop aims to provide to the citizens of New Brittania high quality Two-Handed Swords, Longswords, Epic Plate Armor, Augmented Chainmail Armor, Epic Leather Armor, Food Buffs, and desirable resources at competitive market prices.

Even more important to us is our mission to help new players with accessible starter gear and with support in learning the crafting arts. In short, we want to contribute to the community in its advancement and enjoyment of New Brittania.

From the main entrance: take the first left onto Lordsview street and go all the way down until you see a crazy merchant standing on a tavern counter accompanied by Dwalin's faithful Samoyed Mello.

Image 1. The Approach to Dwalin's Smithy Shoppe in Owl's Head. An eager Alfred awaits to assist your smithing needs. Mello the Samoyed keeps Alfred company 24/7.
    [​IMG]

Image 2. Come on in, rest a while! Let's talk about your smithing needs over David Watson's music and mead.
    [​IMG]

Image 3. An Alternate View. Dwalin's fondness for mastercrafted alcoholic beverages is a reoccuring theme at the Shoppe. Sheamus McGuinness's tavern next door is highly recommended.
    [​IMG]

Image 4. The Work Floor featuring a fire proof rug.
    [​IMG]

Image 5. An Intimate Cat Walk Amongst the Stars. It's time to show off your gear!
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 8, 2016
  14. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Right down the hill from my house is my ship but I'll only show you the outside, as the interior has not yet been outfitted for underway. Location is Parrot's Roost (-448.5, 70.2, 212.5). Property owner is Rodan.

Here we can see the ship, some boats, the boardwalk, the Harbormaster's station...

[​IMG]

...the jetty...

[​IMG]

...and even a strange looking crab!

[​IMG]

15. licemeat

licemeat Avatar

Try all you want guys, but nothing can beat my meat house. To make this meat come, I had to log in and out, in and out, in and out, in and out... until it covered my floor. It was hard! Come visit my spooky themed row lot in the Alleys.

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

blacksheepboy, Beli, Berek and 26 others like this.
  16. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

Located in Serenite, an exercise in 'how much crap can one wizard really need?"
    Its all carefully organised, I swear.
    There used to be a sign that said "No chainmail in the hot tub" but this was..."repurposed."

[​IMG]
    Convenient stage-decking around most of the tower for aesthetics and convenience
    [​IMG]
    View from front, stage-deck makes the front steps less troublesome ^^
    [​IMG]
    Inside, Project "How much crap can I fit on these walls" is underway
    [​IMG]
    Still collecting sheet music for that shelf, though
    [​IMG]
    A bit of unorthodox magical planting...
    [​IMG]
    Close up of recessed patio...and yes the oracle building is right next door for convenient confessions of my sins as a decorator-thief.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 7, 2016
    Beli, fIreSpHere, Bow Vale and 20 others like this.
  17. Gaelis

Gaelis Avatar

HOME SWEET HOME

You can visit my house in Lockbrier which is Part of the PaxLair Cluster.
    Area: Lockbrier (POT_forest_metropolis_01_template) Loc: (119.8, 38.3, 223.0)

[​IMG]

I made this a home I like to come back from Adventures and take a rest, invite friends for a bottle of wine and some music or just read a nice book.

[​IMG]
    If you invite friends...you need at least a small but good stored kitchen

[​IMG]
    "Thank you for the music..."

[​IMG]

Nothing better than to love a talented Writer to fill your bookcases <3

[​IMG]
    Have a good breakfast to start a day full of Adventures

[​IMG]
    Keep track on your money or just write a letter to friends

[​IMG]
    Nothing better than sit and talk while having a drink...or two ;)

[​IMG]
    Prepaire for sleeptime after a long day in Novia :)

Edit: you may check out changes since post...works like in rl, always busy improve my home :D

Last edited: Nov 7, 2016
  18. Mirellani Brave

Mirellani Brave Avatar

This is Mirellani Brave´s cozy home with a view of the Catalina Falls in the beautiful city of Spite.

Area: Spite (Novia_R5_City_Spite) Loc: (204.6, 36.2, -152.8) (PIC1)

[​IMG]

My husband Bob Brave owns the water home close by and we Braves named the Lake “our” “Loch Brave”.

The house has several decorated and frequently used areas:

⦁ Front porch for quick snacks between hunting or gathering – sometimes we make music there as well (PIC2)

[​IMG]

⦁ On the back of the house we have a telescope for stargazing at night - we also practice our fishing skills there now and then (PIC3)

[​IMG]

⦁ Living room area is for study, listening to Avatar´s Radio and relaxing (PIC4)

[​IMG]

⦁ Bed room area is for logging out and keeping the treasure (PIC5+6)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

⦁ The first floor of the Basement is used for planning adventures, discussing which skills to learn, what investments to make with our (RL! and) SotA-family (PIC7)

[​IMG]

⦁ The third floor of the Basement is used to build up stocks of various kinds (PIC8)
    [​IMG]

Seeing these impressions one simply can´t miss how much we love SotA and living in this virtual world :)

Well met and good hunting all you Avatars out there!

Mirellani Brave

Bayard, Berek, Bow Vale and 19 others like this.
  19. jammaplaya

jammaplaya Avatar

So this is my entry. It's a Kobold 3-story that I have converted into a maze!!
    It reminds me of UO, people would make mazes and it would be difficult to navigate them if you didn't bring red potions for stamina!!
    In this case, I will be opening the doors (info below) at a certain time, and hopefully there is enough of a gathering to make this as painful to navigate as possible!! lawl!!!
    Now don't be sad!! There will be buckets of COTO laying around for players to pick up, and also a treasure chest which by the time this opens will be PACKED with goodies!
    Be the first to find the treasure chest and nab all the glory you can whilst trying not to poopeth thy pantaloons in this creepy mini maze!!
    I hope ye will be a-mazed! ha ha ha haaaaa ...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Area: Finchfield Loc: (47.2, 38.0, 253.2)

Last edited: Oct 9, 2016
  20. Cassandra Corax

Cassandra Corax Avatar

Rhondda Cynon Taff South Wales United Kingdom
    Hi this is my place of Heaven. Its just a boat ride away from Brittany Central and its called Wisteria Lane.
    Please be welcome to my home

If you like to come for dinner please be seated right here
    [​IMG]

This is my room where I have a library of Music,books and maps
    [​IMG]
    Now please follow me to the first floor where my helpers make the meals
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    On to the next floor, where the magic should be happening . As you can see my man is there ready and waiting
    [​IMG]

Last but not leased I shall show you a little bit of my back garden and my garden shed
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Thank you for looking and do feel free to come and visit *waves*

Last edited: Nov 6, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.