Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Verdantis Mines lower level, annoying/crazy respawn rate

Discussion in 'Release 34 Feedback Forum' started by Nolove 0369, Oct 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

For pure crafter type playing? I don't know why you would want to even play the game like that when they made it so you can do w.e combat and still level an equal crafter (by 2 differnt pools)

But.. with the logic that the silver mine is too hard? .. it should be. Its literally the high end * harvestable at the moment. With the logic that you shouldnt need to be up to par to GET TO the silver and mine it, then you should be fine with farming low level easy to farm resources, selling them or making things to get the money to BUY the silver.
    By complaining silver is to hard to get too for pure crafters.. your ignoring the point that for the high end materials it SHOULD be a challenge. If you dont want to be able to handle mediocerly challeging mobs to get the highest end materials, then you should have to find a way to buy them.
    Your a pure crafter? Great. Go fish. Free gold for time with 0 risk.
    Making silver entirely to easy to get too just punishs the people willing to level their combat aswell as their crafting.
    PS: Im glad they upped the difficulty. I shouldnt be able to run in and farm 7-800 silver while watching netflix. And considering thats the ONLY material thats actually any challenge to harvest.. i like it.
    * or hire someone to protect you or w.e *

Nolove 0369 likes this.
  2. Nolove 0369

Nolove 0369 Avatar

@MrBlight
    Again ill cover the last 6 pages in a nut shell, its not that we don't have high level combat skills, I go into the mine and slaughter the Earth elementals 2-3-4 at a time, So please don't come in and start saying all we need to do is get stronger or rise our skills, I am quite a accomplished fighter/mage
    We definitely don't need to have some one in the mine with us protecting us, because they BROKE the system to if your in a party and your party members are in the mine, the spawn rate turns off, I have tested this with both my accounts, so you having a protector in there is out of the question. The issue is we spend all our time fighting and fighting, and we don't get to mine, all we do is fight,
    Now No one is saying remove the spawn, or make it easy mode, WE ALL agree there needs to be spawn, and there needs to be a level of difficulty in the mines to match the Ore levels, and the amounts you get.
    The problem is its currently unbalanced to far to the left, were you cant mine effectively enough to be playable, all we are doing is fighting, and fighting. Turn the spawn down a tad to allow us to mine some Ore in between the waves of spawn, and BANG were all back to playing.

3. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

*Shrug* guess i just disagree. I have 0 problem mining it with the new patch really. And even if i did, i would still be okay if it took 2 people just to be ABLE to mine it is the thing. Silver supposed to be late game, and its not.
    But previous post about reducing spawn, increasing the difficulty, is probly the best suggestion in here.

4. Nolove 0369

Nolove 0369 Avatar

I agree,

5. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

I think the difficulty of acquiring a particular metal should be tied to your gathering skills, not your combat skills.
    Forcing every crafter to be a fighter is part of what is wrong with crafting. Its an 'everyone does everything' game because crafting is too unreliable and too expensive to level on its own.

6. Snikorts

Snikorts Avatar

Hardcore grinding at it's best

7. Nolove 0369

Nolove 0369 Avatar

You said it perfectly, Now what do we have to do to get the Devs to understand that?

uhop and Snikorts like this.
  8. Kirran

Kirran Avatar

I see that the spawn rate was dialed down after one of the patches over the last week. IMO, it's still at the point where I wince when I consider going to mine.

I had a long explanation planned of the cumulative time it takes to craft the base item and then use silver to masterwork and gold to enchant. The summary is:

In R33, to successfully mine in Verdantis or Elysium you had to have a decent adventurer build and be well-equipped. In R34 (even after the scale-down of aggro and mob spawn rate) you have to have a very good adventurer build and be very well equipped. And the ore yield given the additional combat is 60% of what it was in R33. I'm fine with grinding, because that's how every game keeps people playing for lack of additional content. It's better, but it's still a PIA. I'd suggest cutting the spawn times another 25-30%.

Nolove 0369 likes this.
  9. Nolove 0369

Nolove 0369 Avatar

Hey have you guys tried the new WOW expanstion That came out a couple weeks ago? Just courious...since I have not logged into Sota do to these issues.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2016
  10. Moussaka

Moussaka Avatar

+1

I like the new respawn changes for adv. zones alot, but YES it sceams for adjustmend in mines... i.e. mining for silver has become super awful in verdantis, you can't mine half of the ore room you just cleared from mobs before 1 to several new mobs spawn. I am way too much fighting and too little mining now.

The new respawn changes would be nice for nodes too, instead of slowly spawning 1 by one, 1 to several nodes respawn at a time ;)

Last edited: Oct 11, 2016
    moko and Kirran like this.
  11. Rada Torment

Rada Torment Community Ambassador (ES)

G'day avatars o/

I want to bring here some numbers of my last test mining silver run in Elysium.

Adv 69 - only 1 GM skill (ranged), archer-mage build.

Mining skills: Mining 83 - Swift gathering 66 and Meticulous 70

1h/mining: 145 silver ores (plus fragments).

Feedback: First of all, I have no idea if these numbers are good enough with my adv lvl, skills etc. Not my intention to compare the numbers but maybe I can help someone trying to know if they are mining low or high.

About the Earth elementals, I can kill them pretty easy (since I was lvl 60). Need to be honest and I need to say I can kill them without any issue just using Discharge (70), Ice fist (50) and Aimed shot(91). I spend like 10-15 secs per mob, and no issues with my hp. If I spam my spells I have minor focus issues but nothing serious.

Harder to mine silver now compared to r33? Definitely no. The difficulty is the same, but the respawn changes makes your efficiency drop. We all know that we were getting more ores in r33, but that's not the issue imo. If they want make silver more "rare", we can help them to give more ideas and options. I think their intention was (plz let me know if I'm wrong @DarkStarr) to make silver mining a bit less "easy mode solo grinding", but making the respawn times faster in some scenarios (like mines/solo caves) maybe is not the best solution. They could think about a solution that makes the change a bit less annoying gameplay wise, and try to give us the perspective of what they want making the silver mining different from other mines.

For example, making silver mines special for mining in party (be able to use the node more than one player at the same time to get special bonus). Or make some special breakable walls forcing us to hit the walls with more hands, to be able to get into bit rooms with a lot of ores, ..etc.

Some small ideas and my feedback, that's all :)

Last edited: Oct 12, 2016
  12. Odin3

Odin3 Avatar

I am just wondering if the node respawn rates are linked to the mob respawn rate? For example if you kill the mobs and loot them fast will the silver Nodes respawn faster due to the mobs respawning faster? Or are the two not connected. If they are then the faster mob respawns makes sense. Thanks for your help in advance

13. LoneStranger

LoneStranger Avatar

AFAIK, there is no direct link between mob and node respawns. However, I am sure the settings for each are decided with some kind of relationship in mind.

We know that recently (only in some areas?) mobs were tied to a group spawn timer. This means that instead of individually dying, waiting to be looted, disappearing and then counting down to a respawn, there is now a relationship between mobs where they will respawn together. This contributes to the current difficulty of mining.

Kirran and AvatarOdin like this.
  14. Rasp

Rasp Avatar

There's definitely some kind of link at least some of the time. Top level of the template mines, there are 1-2 skeletons guarding a side cavern that has 4 to 6 nodes in it. If you kill them but do not empty the corpse, the body will stay and the nodes will NOT respawn.

15. Odin3

Odin3 Avatar

I thought maybe that rom was tied to the bottom room. So if you looted those nodes you had to loot some on the bottom or they wouldn't respawn... I tjunk the nodes are linked the the mobs somehow on the bottom aswell

Rasp likes this.
  16. Rasp

Rasp Avatar

That's interesting. I'd test it but even when I do log in nowadays, I never want to spend my time in the mines.

17. Moussaka

Moussaka Avatar

So here lies the problem!

Try that with melee... it will take you about 5 times longer to bring down an earth element

I am also a pretty decent warrior with 1 GM (blade) and adv. lvl 68 with +8 two-handed longsword, I even have my Feroicous Spider with me! My HP is not a problem, but the time you need to bring these down with melee vs. what you report is the problem... the time you need to finish 3 eath elements and farm 3 nodes, the elements start spawning again...

@Chris You can make it harder to get to the rooms with many node spots, but once there let us mine ore please... spawn some mobs from time to time is ok, but as it is now it's very annoying and frustrating

The issue was raised in R34 postmortem questions too and pretty much ignored, sadly o_O

18. Rada Torment

Rada Torment Community Ambassador (ES)

Have you tried to mix melee with magic? Ice fist and Discharge, both, are melee range spells :). I know lots of people going melee and doing perfectly fine with Earth elementals, like I said the elementals are not the problem, the issue lies on timers making the mining gameplay annoying.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2016
    Lord Baldrith and Fister Magee like this.
  19. Moussaka

Moussaka Avatar

No I have not tried other magic only have some low tier earth magic and some low tier fire magic, if melee vs. magic is unbalanced I prefer to wait for balance instead to "work around"

Anyways IMHO it should not be that you need a special build and 60+ adventurer for being able to mine (it is not only the last room with silver pockets), and if I have such a hard time as a Warrior/Tamer/Crafter with lvl 68, what are the Crafter only guys doing?

20. Scraps MacMutt

Scraps MacMutt Avatar

Yes, that is the problem. I struggled killing elementals in Verdantis Mines after they nerfed my 2-handed sword. I have since retired my blade and now use a staff with fire magic. The difference has been amazing! I used to flee when I pulled aggro on 2 elementals, now I can burn down 3 or more with AoEs while I just stand there and heal myself. I'm getting tons of adventure XP now with the new spawn rate and I clear spawns so quickly that I have plenty of time left over to mine silver. I spent the last 12 months testing to develop my melee character since that is usually my preferred playstyle, but after the recent melee nerfs it's magic all the way for me! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.