1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

R34 Post Mortem: Missed Questions Answered (mostly)

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DarkStarr, Oct 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarkStarr

DarkStarr Executive Producer SOTA Developer

Here are the questions we collected from Discord that we did not have time to get to. I tried my best to answer these but some we just don't have details yet to provide. I will try my best to follow up but please understand I probably won't have time to do any follow ups to these.

Vallo-Today at 11:47 AM

Question. What is the source of conflict in the lore. Meaning what are guilds and players fighting over in PVP in the future, and how does it fit into the lore?

The Dire Prophecy tells us that there will be "one" who will save, or damn, the world. The culminating moment of the Paths of Truth, Love, and Courage result in a decision each player has to make that might result in a choice to participate in meaningful conflict. We don't want to reveal more than that at this point because it would spoil too much of the story.

Anvar-Today at 12:02 PM
    Can consumables in pack be made double clickable in combat rather than ooc only ?

We do not plan on making this happen because this is one of the ways we balance these versus spells

Deadly Habit-Today at 12:04 PM
    is there any chance of being able to place outdoor tagged decorations such as gravestones or wishing wells inside homes or basements for those of us only with row lots or to make things such as crypts in basements?

We can consider this but we have to be very careful with adding more and more functionality to row houses because then there will be less value for village lots.

Anvar-Today at 12:06 PM
    Can we please get some info on endgame PvP plans/ vague ideas beyond what is in ie Uo type faction system / Order chaos / other plans ?

We will be providing more details on this in R36 and R37

Solazur-Today at 12:10 PM
    When will armor and weapons be tiered ?

I would need an exact definition of what you mean by "tiered".

May Day-Today at 12:11 PM
    Can we get a coat rack to display our fancy cloaks in our homes?

Cool suggestion but they would probably show better (with the symbols and such) with wall hangers kind of like the Japanese do with Kimonos.

Browncoat Jayson-Today at 12:12 PM
    Can crafted deco items be changed to help with crafter sustainability?

This is a fairly open ended question with "changed" meaning just about anything but I understand the gist of the request.

Currently we have focused on weapons and armor as the mainstay of the crafting economy and used aesthetic items (decorations, clothing, etc) for fundraising with some also provided in game for crafting. This is so we can keep anything related to "power" inside the crafting system so we don't sell "power". This keeps the game neutral for "pay to win" while giving us a nice stream of revenue. For those of you who want to craft aesthetic items however it leaves you with little recourse. When we move to commercial launch we can analyze our funding and consider moving more aesthetic items into the crafting system.

Another thing to realize is that decorations do not degrade (unlike gear) so decorations will be one time purchases and therefore not be sustainable income for crafters, even if we added more recipes.

Jaxtron-Today at 12:12 PM
    With the agriculture changes, will there be a way to use basements for crops without the growth rate being considered inside. Something like a growth light or something?

We do not plan on making growth in basements competitive with growth on the surface as this would devalue land.

May Day-Today at 12:15 PM
    Will we be able to build crafting stations in the game?

Yes but they will be challenging to create.

Deadly Habit-Today at 12:17 PM
    will there ever be any titles that unlock due to achievements such as the steam achievements?

Yes

Madmon-Today at 12:17 PM
    can we get a status update/numbers from Chris about the current player state of active players, and gold numbers?

Yes

Dreamlarp-Today at 12:19 PM
    1. Please clarify will the ornate aeronaut armor be enhanceable? The chest can be gemed so I would think you planned it to be. 2. Will material bonuses be added to bone armor? I.E. the skelly bones, special enhancements for demon hooves ect..and will the drop rates be raised making the special boss dropped matts more obtainable? These are boss mobs as it is and it takes a strong group to farm most of them.

1. It was not actually intended to for Aeronaut Outfit to be gem socketed, nor masterworked since it's meant to be just clothing, not armor. Still deciding if we are going to remove the socketing ability now that we accidentally released it that way.
    2. Bone Armor already gets material bonuses from the Bone Plates and the secondary materials (thread, wire, etc.)
    3. No the drop rates are where we want them to be, RARE!

Nemesis2-Today at 12:20 PM
    will we be able to turn buffs off or move the party/nameplate bars for instance healing

We have various polish tasks planned for the party interface and these might fall into that

Nemesis2-Today at 12:20 PM
    will we be able to dye other types of armor such as leather and chain

We do eventually plan to support metal enamels and leather dyes

Merrik-Today at 12:21 PM
    about targeting.. can we forget where our reticle is when we have someone actively targeted.. my heals keep hitting uninjured people who run in between me and my target... i should be healing who i have f keyed or shift clicked

We know healing targeting needs some love.

Daxxe Diggler-Today at 12:23 PM
    What, if any, new combos will we see in R35?

Unfortunately we likely won't get any new combos in R35

Malcipher-Today at 12:24 PM
    Question: when will we see more variety in weapon skins like the staff

Hopefully in R37

Katrina Bekers-Today at 12:24 PM
    recently the request re-surfaced in the forum. will the combat bar gain slots #11 ("-") and #12 ("=")? TIA

Maybe!

Anvar-Today at 12:24 PM
    Any news on multiple characters, in prior roadmap it was scheduled for october, but its not mentioned in this Q4 schedule that I saw.

Sometime after Q4.

Violation-Today at 12:26 PM
    when will you get a mail system to make it easier to send items to other players!

Sometime after Q4.

Illveran-Today at 12:27 PM
    I wonder if we can get a glimple of plans of future combat changes and thoughts about it. Want to know also how close are we for new dungeons to release into game

You can see in my Q4 2016 post that we hope to have a new PVP dungeon live in R37.

Nemesis2-Today at 12:27 PM
    When/if will be able to turn of the screen shake from earthquake?

If we provided this option, everyone would just turn it off.

Krullen-Today at 12:28 PM
    will weapons earn stats and titles, example: if we killing many skeletons then weapon becomes a skeleton slayer

Yes

HER0-Today at 12:28 PM
    Could the out-of-combat hotbar have all the stances either available or not? Right now spellbinder's stance can be there, but nothing else (that I have).

Having Spellbinders Stance available out of combat is a bug!

FlashLightning-Today at 12:28 PM
    When harvesting, can you make it so we don't get interrupted harvesting our resource automatically when we are attacked, and only if we take damage. Dodging attacks should allow you to finish the gather at 90%, etc.

Unlikely but we will consider it.

Krullen-Today at 12:28 PM
    Question: will we be able to drop all times on the ground?

We do plan to support a constrained version of this (aggressive cleanup times, limits per scene, etc.)

Krullen-Today at 12:29 PM
    Question: does Unity have any Text-to-Speech abilities/ or plugins that could be integrated into the game?

Probably something like this exists but we don't have any plans to integrate it into the game.

Deadly Habit-Today at 12:30 PM
    is there any current plans in the roadmap for UI or control options for disabled gamers for customizing input or things such as color blind modes?

Yes

Verit-Today at 12:30 PM
    will our weapons and shields eventually display when sheathed or will our toons always reach back and put them in the backpack of invisibility ?

Not in scope for Episode 1

Krofft-Today at 12:33 PM
    will there be further ability to add gems to other armor pieces other than just chest?

The stacked effects would become too powerful so we do not plan to do so at this time.

KuBaTRiZeS-Today at 12:34 PM
    What kind of changes are planned in combat and character progression?

Sorry but this is too open ended of a question

Mishikal - When will there be a way to gather leather & cloth items for salvage w/o looting crates, bags, etc?

After Q4

steorrawulf-Today at 12:35 PM
    Is it possible to improve the search capabilities in the forum? I have yet to find anything thru forum search.

We use XenForo and are therefore limited to whatever the search capabilities of that engine are. We cannot improve it ourselves.

Astor_Cerberus-Today at 12:35 PM
    It was mentioned that at some point we'd be able to reset quest flags... can you elaborate on this

When we go to commercial

Swan-Today at 12:36 PM
    Will we have disguise kit/wig? for all those who don't want his name to show on oracle tab when pickpocketed or did pvp, And not to forget all those roleplayers

Not for Episode 1

Nemesis2-Today at 12:37 PM
    will we be able to get a small med large etc size deco, specifically i'd like to see a smaller version of the oval display table

Request noted

Vaclav-Today at 12:49 PM
    What about adding bandages? healing without magic?

Not for Episode 1 currently

May Day-Today at 12:50 PM
    Can servants water plants for us?

Cool idea but likely out of scope for Episode 1

Madmon-Today at 12:52 PM
    Will we get seeds when we harvest in the wild?

Not planned currently

moko-Today at 12:53 PM
    Is there any plans for lot rental mechanics (i.e. to rent out rooms) item permission wise?

Yes

Nemesis2-Today at 12:53 PM
    will we be able to buy/get pots again ever? for those of us that missed out when they expired?

Not for Episode 1 but there are plenty for sale in the Player Marketplace

Roper DocHoliday-Today at 12:56 PM
    Can some of the new add on store houses example like the haunted house be used for pot decorations. And will we ever have the options for the mt lots to have default houses like npc towns do

We do not plan to make houses POT decorations

Nemesis2-Today at 12:59 PM
    Will we be able to dye the grim reaper masks to match our armor

Great idea!

Bushmaster-Today at 1:03 PM
    When will the dev+ get their rewards from the Testing Incentives Program?

First rewards we hope to deliver with R35

Xeen Dread-Today at 1:14 PM
    Can we have the "Back to login/Resume" buttons (when you are still in your 20-second timeout phase) moved to not be directly on top of the "Start on World Map" Button (for those cases when you go to click right at that 20th second what you thought was the resume button but now you go to map)?

Good feedback

Nemesis2-Today at 1:14 PM
    how bout some kind of buff pet and/or raid instances

Ok

Lace-Today at 1:17 PM
    When will silver scrap and gold scrap come into game for those recipes.

Soonish?

Mirellani Brave-Today at 1:17 PM
    Question: is there breeding of horses, dogs, cats... planned for further releases? I really would shop other player vendors without end to get good "genes" for breeding very special (pretty, strong...) animals.

Yes for later Episodes, not Episode 1

Ancev-Today at 1:18 PM
    Any thoughts on allowing carpenters to make different types of 'default' row houses for POT's? That way POT owners could customize their town a bit and create a market for carpenters?

Yes but probably out of scope for Episode 1

Mata, Anvar, monxter and 23 others like this.
  2. NRaas

NRaas Avatar

Well... That's unfortunate.

Along those lines : I use a Kilt as part of my combat armor, and was hoping that the fact it was not enchantable was a bug, and not actual intended functionality.

Honestly, I'm not quite sure why this separation between "armor" and "clothing" is actually being considered.

Just have the cloth-based clothing use the same enchantment/masterwork system as cloth-based armor. That sounds like reasonable sense to me, but obviously there is something I'm missing here.

3. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

Thanks for addressing these unanswered questions @DarkStarr.

4. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

perhaps it was intended to but, unless it was snuck in by patch and not mentioned, right now one cannot use enhanced thread, only plain cotton spools.

Balec Fares deCani likes this.
  5. Katrina Bekers

Katrina Bekers Localization Team

I think my first question was asked too early (twice) and slipped.

Thanks for your time and the answers to these questions.

This kind of thread is slowly, but steady, becoming FAR more interesting than the distraction-filled hangout... :rolleyes:

Aldo, Aribeth, FrostII and 2 others like this.
  6. Nemesis2

Nemesis2 Avatar

Nemesis2-Today at 12:27 PM
    When/if will be able to turn of the screen shake from earthquake?

If we provided this option, everyone would just turn it off.

Then can it be seriously toned down it makes me and others sick with too much shaking.

7. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

My questions go unanswered for 2 months in a row... This leads me to fear the subject of my questions is in danger of never being implemented. Would you at minimum be able to assure me that that is not so, @DarkStarr?

Ronan and FrostII like this.
  8. Olthadir

Olthadir Avatar

Role-Play.

9. DarkStarr

DarkStarr Executive Producer SOTA Developer

What questions?

Duke Gréagóir and FrostII like this.
  10. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

I had three questions posted as the first reply to the original Hangout invite/notification concerning some particulars of the planned implementation of the "Family Crest" Founder pledge reward.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2016
    Ronan likes this.
  11. NRaas

NRaas Avatar

Uh... What ?

I could roleplay in my amazing enchanted Kilt, just as easily as I could in one that is not enchantable. ;)

FrostII likes this.
  12. Moiseyev Trueden

Moiseyev Trueden Avatar

Perhaps re-ask them in here?

Fister Magee and FrostII like this.
  13. Moiseyev Trueden

Moiseyev Trueden Avatar

So if the devs acknowledge/believe that no one likes it... why the heck keep it in?

14. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

@Moiseyev Trueden beat me to it. ;)
    Regarding Earthquake effects @DarkStarr - If "everyone would just turn it off" doesn't tell Port how "popular" that particular feature is, then I'm not sure what would.... :confused:

C'mon man ! :cool:

15. Koldar

Koldar Avatar

@DarkStarr how about my questions too? Or do you just not have answers to them yet?

Moiseyev Trueden likes this.
  16. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

I must say I seriously appreciate having most of the missed questioned posted. :)

I especially liked some of these.. and make note that "not for EP1" means still possible or even planned for later EPs. :D (but the need to remain uncommitted at this time is understandable..) and there were quite a few of those..

Moiseyev Trueden and FrostII like this.
  17. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

If the disorientation is an intended effect then you wouldn't want players to able to avoid it completely.

18. Moiseyev Trueden

Moiseyev Trueden Avatar

That is a good point I hadn't considered. I tend to view it along the same lines as the annoying frustration of healing rain ruining game play experience when cast. Curious to see what could be done to create a similar effect/purpose without making people nauseous.

Solazur, Olthadir and Bowen Bloodgood like this.
  19. niteowl57

niteowl57 Avatar

Provided the functionality works for all lot sizes, this village-lot owner has no problem with the idea, and in fact, there would also be benefits for village lot owners with homes such as the Elven House in a Hill with limited yard space yet own a well that won't place, or any large home-owner that might like to get a well but didn't for lack of space to put it, or others that would like to create a basement with family crypts (and thus potentially sell more crypts). This would also encourage row-lot owners to buy wishing wells and part of the purchase goes to charity.

20. Nemesis2

Nemesis2 Avatar

Nemesis2-Today at 12:53 PM
    will we be able to buy/get pots again ever? for those of us that missed out when they expired?

Not for Episode 1 but there are plenty for sale in the Player Marketplace

Really? Jaws and I have had a wtb up for several weeks now and have only heard from at most 2 people :S

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.