Role Players - Immersion/Heavy RP

Discussion in 'New Player Welcome' started by Vesceries, Oct 13, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vesceries

Vesceries Avatar

Hello and welcome role players of Shroud of the Avatar. I wanted to take some time to introduce the ongoing project of creating a community for heavy role play and immersion within SotA. One thing I've been impressed with so far is the amount of active players that are open to RP on a light or casual basis; it's very encouraging. This RP is fantastic to come across, but to some, isn't quite the full role playing experience we're seeking.

To further these ends our group, the Silverhawk Alliance, is working along with some Player Owned Towns to try and establish a full RP community to settle in, generate storylines, and immerse ourselves in while endeavoring in quests and dungeons in SotA.

What we have so far:

White Hart - Within our main settlement the Silverhawk Alliance, consisting of stragglers meeting on this new land, are working toward establishing a Hall within White Hart, assist the local citizenry in prospering, and begin a base of operations for the alliance. We look to recruit both individuals, groups, even entire guilds, that are aimed toward RP to populate White Hart's cliff side and help form the city. We aspire to have an environment where you can login, step out of your home and step right into a community of role players interacting with one another, hosting farmer markets, banquets, feasts, and the like on a natural basis.

White Hart on Abundis - The village nested on the River Abundis below White Hart is an agricultural land ripe for farm lands, fishing, and a village. There is but a few small farms and settlers here. Some have even heard of a secret underground running beneath the lush farmlands and into the Snowsong Mountain where White Hart resides.

Everything is currently in a building stage where the role players we have thus far are learning more of each other and the land they are around. We're in the beginning stages of settling in these towns, working with the local citizenry to establish a home, and reaching out to neighboring towns to form trade agreements, defensive pacts, and alliances.

I encourage any role players, both individuals or groups, that are looking for more immersive RP to come by White Hart to visit, PM me, or respond to this thread. We hope to build a great community where people can escape into an immersive world of player told story lines alongside the game mechanics that provide a great platform for RP. We'd like to see more people settle within the two villages and work and role play with one another. In addition, those who've already found a permanent settlement, we'd like to work along with you to include our stories with yours through alliances, wars, intrigue, trade, or any number of things in the spirit of fun and RP.

Kelrae / Vesceries Alhriem

2. Olthadir

Olthadir Avatar

I will be stopping by when I am in the area!

3. Rada Torment

Rada Torment Community Ambassador (ES)

Sounds awesome! I'm not part of those big RP guilds but I'm willing to support/help if you need more hands.

*claps

Pikegirl and Moiseyev Trueden like this.
  4. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

5. Vesceries

Vesceries Avatar

Absolutely. I've already placed my character on and kept up with RPOTA. Having a few more people write backgrounds and story before we add the faction Silverhawk Alliance, and the location of White Hart & White Hart on Abundis. I will browse more through sotarp.org but had noticed there was nothing really after 3rd quarter 2015 so wasn't sure if it was still a valid resource.

Thanks for the info though @Spoon

6. Moiseyev Trueden

Moiseyev Trueden Avatar

Great to have you with us. Looking forward to visiting your lands as my journeys allow me to. 8^)

7. Pikegirl

Pikegirl Avatar

@Kelrae

This looks very interesting.

I'll have to check out a heavy roleplaying community like this and see how well it functions in the game.

White Hart- Time to pay a visit :)

8. Vesceries

Vesceries Avatar

9. By Tor

By Tor Avatar

Wonderful concept, Kelrae! I will be travelling to White Hart tonight to meet my fellow role playing kindred.

10. Vesceries

Vesceries Avatar

I will be online so I look forward to seeing you @By Tor [MGT] .

11. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

Continuing services is a.. work in progress. :) The site and services need to be re-envisioned but it's not going away any time soon. :)

12. Pikegirl

Pikegirl Avatar

Just went to White Hart. Caught it at a bad time as it was quiet.

Will visit again! Jumped around at the Barn near the entrance.

13. Audacity

Audacity Avatar

14. Vesceries

Vesceries Avatar

@Pikegirl Yeah sorry I am working. Most of us work day jobs in the eastern US time zone. After about 7:00 PM EST is our most active time on weekdays. If you want add me as a friend in game "Vesceries Alhriem" and shoot me a message any time.

15. Olthadir

Olthadir Avatar

Had a blast when I was there today. I regret having to leave. I would strongly suggest anyone interested in RP head out to White Hart. Had a great time with the folks there.

Hope things align and I can do it again!

16. By Tor

By Tor Avatar

I did visit but must have missed everyone. I friended you, kelrae..next time there's a get together at white hart, please let me know. White Hart is a snowy beauty of a place and I'm sure it's citizens are warm and inviting.

17. Vesceries

Vesceries Avatar

Thanks @Olthadir , we also had a great time. Sorry we missed you @By Tor [MGT] and @Pikegirl , We'll get together soon. Working to get some population up so the town has a more constant base of role players so there's always something going on!

18. Pikegirl

Pikegirl Avatar

@Kelrae

Yeap, this is only the beginning. Getting population up will take some time.

Will add to friends list when I next come online.

Keep in touch and we shall meet up in game again! Estates is only minutes away from the White Harts area.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2016
  19. Vesceries

Vesceries Avatar

Good to know @Pikegirl , I will come visit the Brittany Estates soon as well.

20. Vesceries

Vesceries Avatar

As an update we've migrated down to White Hart on Abundis as our main settlement. We are starting to send out envoys to other RP towns. We are working in MMO mode mostly during these envoys so if your town has some RPers and wants to integrate story lines or even just do a meet and greet let me know.

Our most active time is after 7:00 PM EST on most evenings.

On our current route is:

Brittany Estates - @Pikegirl
    Serenite - @Vrunk Hrrk
    Phoenix Republic - @WrathPhoenix

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.