Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Dev mining invitions

Discussion in 'Release 34 Feedback Forum' started by Nolove 0369, Oct 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lifedragn

Lifedragn Avatar

Has there been a thread specifically bringing this topic up? Players helping other players get things done was supposed to be a design goal for the multiplayer modes I thought. This seems like it would be counter to that goal.

I had myself been considering to start running the mines in a group. I can typically reach the bottom solo so long as I don't have distractions - one family interruption usually sees me dead with current respawn rates - but the nuisance of mob repop rates makes it onerous to do alone at my level (58ish I think). Haven't really started yet as most of my time has gone to family\work recently and the few hours I've had involved farming gold coin for lot taxes to give me a better buffer.

Moiseyev Trueden and Kara Brae like this.
  2. Nolove 0369

Nolove 0369 Avatar

ok my latest
    I spent last night in the Esylum Mine, seems like they altered the spawn rate and the agro range of the Earth elementals to were it was in R33 it was a much better balance of mining time and fighting, I noticed the Silver re-spawn Rate totally was Slow, I.E., there was times were the mine was completely empty in the Silver room. So I'm guessing the Devs are Hell bent on their Stupid Risk Vs reward numbers and slowed down everything. so I log to go do something else. About a hour and a half later I loged back in and it was different, fast spawn, for both Elements and Ore, I hung out for about 30 minuets before I said forget it, I'm out.

So I have No clue what's going on
    Seems Like the Dev team is Trying way to Hard to Micro Manage the hole game and every aspect of it,

( Friendly piece of advice, your "Numbers are just a small tool, to be used as a guideline in decision making)
    Like the Numbers were for the amount of gold, "every thing looks great," but what did you find when you looked deeper, it was all messed up and 90% of us are all poor.

himmelweiss22 likes this.
  3. Nolove 0369

Nolove 0369 Avatar

4. Themo Lock

Themo Lock Avatar

Are you perhaps too low of a level to be down there?

5. Xandra7

Xandra7 Avatar

There is nothing fun about mining with the new crazy spawn rate.

Myself, there is no way I would have taken up crafting if I could have afforded asking price for player crafted gear.
    My npc bought gear was not good enough, and making my own was for me the best option. Not blaming crafters, I know the sheer amount of resources/gold and effort needed for each single usable item, from gear to consumables.

However, where I do put blame is on gold- and silver ore harvesters at that time, and how easy they are now saying it was for them to collect, yet the ridiculous high price they were asking crafters to shell out, a few thousand goldcoins for each single mastercraft try.

Still disappointed how this all turned out, and worse with folk saying I just want an easy game, it all depends how you look at it.

Bluefire, uhop, cobran and 2 others like this.
  6. Kirran

Kirran Avatar

Nope.

7. Themo Lock

Themo Lock Avatar

Are you sure? because those elementals take like 10 seconds to kill and you can mine 30 or so ore between respawns.

8. Lifedragn

Lifedragn Avatar

9. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Which are the best (most effective) attacks to use against earth elementals?

10. Lifedragn

Lifedragn Avatar

I sure hope so! These numbers are not stupid, they help establish the lifeblood of the game!

They trying just hard enough. Yes, they are making mistakes. Game balance is not quite a science. There is a lot of experimentation. Right Now is when they should be trying to Micro Manage the game. We are persistent, meaning players are playing seriously and are at their best to be measured. But we are not yet launched, so now is the time to explore and experiment with how changes impact those player behaviors.

11. Themo Lock

Themo Lock Avatar

Not earth magic lol (i just group them up and icefist em)

Lord Baldrith and Lord Barugon like this.
  12. Dwalin Bombardin

Dwalin Bombardin Avatar

This, as an aoe fire mage my mining was hardly affected (just kill 4-6 at a time and loot all after a few nodes), at least as far as I could tell. I actually get more gold now due to the elemental spawns.

Definitely alt tab a bit less though lol.

13. Kirran

Kirran Avatar

Elementals take around 30 seconds to kill 2 at a time. I'm Adventurer level ~62. My experience since R34 is that there have never been 30 ore available in the full chamber, much less inbetween respawns. The issue isn't survivability, it's the annoyance of being constantly interrupted by new Elemental spawns and the reduction of ore spawn. And Thermo, I saw your previous thread where you spoke of being one of the higher level adventurers in game. So I'd be happy to get that interval down to 10 seconds if you give me an idea of what build you use :)

Chatele and Xandra7 like this.
  14. Kirran

Kirran Avatar

No thread or bug report has been posted on that to my knowledge. I've only heard it secondhand from my guildies who have experienced it.

15. Dwalin Bombardin

Dwalin Bombardin Avatar

non physical non earth, any magic will do. fire melts them!

16. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

My bludgeon is working great! Death tree works well, and Fire for sure! Anything really, except Earth.

Lord Baldrith and Kabalyero like this.
  17. Lifedragn

Lifedragn Avatar

Well, I am going to be poking at the Verdantis Mine for a little while. If anyone would like to tag along to explore whether ore spawn rates are dropping and share in the harvest, feel free to ping me in game. Character Name: Arnaeus Moonglow

Only at adventurer level 59 - so I'm not quite cake-walking through yet myself, but I'm at least capable in the mine.

Kabalyero likes this.
  18. Themo Lock

Themo Lock Avatar

I did say 30 ore, not 30 nodes. I brought up the respawn issue for parties in this thread https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...-play-and-group-activities.61795/#post-647742 while the other issues tabled there seem to have been addressed, the node spawns have not :(

Lord Baldrith likes this.
  19. Lifedragn

Lifedragn Avatar

Well, wasn't having a problem with 2 elementals at a time, but the respawns have them popping up behind me... which was amazing since I had my back to the wall, but they were doing 'from behind' kind of damage. 4 eles at once seems too much for my 59 toon. My wi-fi dropping every 15 minutes isn't helping either though, so guess I'm done for the night.

20. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

I just.. i dont see nor have i found any issue with the mine since i first started going there. And ive been going there since level 50.
    Archer and now im running a tad of taming as well. 0 magic. and ive never struggled.
    My guildy and IRL friend runs it and hes full duel wielding blades at adv level 60? and he runs it just fine.

My rates average.. between 120/150 an hour and i feel like thats low balling it. It takes like.. 10 seconds to kill an elemental.. and if it doesnt, then maybe your a lil low for it .( it takes my melee buddy about the same)
    Also i just ran it this morning, and i usually run it every 2nd day.. and i dont think its changed since the patch.. so i dont think they *snuck in* any secret adjustments.

*shrug* A Bear Patriarch can juust about solo an elemental, and sometimes can with no assistance. I did 950 silver and only even had to manually kill a few elementals. At start i walk in and clear room, and can still mine all the ore in the room before a respawn kicks in... and thats with 0 swift skill.
    Not myself, nor buddies or guildies can seem to really see what the fuss is about.

Lord Baldrith likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.