Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Known] How do you gather water?

Discussion in 'Release 35 Bug Forum' started by bgood4llts, Oct 27, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bgood4llts

bgood4llts Avatar

I have looked everywhere and can't seem to find information on how you gather water from fountains... etc. The old buckets of water are still around, but don't become empty. Is there a new tool or special bucket we need for gathering water?

Please help!

Nhili Dragon and Numa like this.
  2. Bow Vale

Bow Vale Avatar

I have been using my hands, cupped together, but i drop most of it by the time i get to my plants. Like you i need assistance in understanding the optimal water carrying method.

Hazard likes this.
  3. Net

Net Avatar

Well, I am using my magical wishing well and I am able to fish out barrels from there.

Numa likes this.
  4. Nhili Dragon

Nhili Dragon Avatar

Magical wishing well ? Never bought one :(

5. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Wishing wells and large fountains. There is also a craftable water well also.

Net likes this.
  6. Nhili Dragon

Nhili Dragon Avatar

@Attenwood So now we have to travel somewhere to use a large fountain, my house is placed in a nice PRT and is near a stream plus I have a small fountain in the yard. PLEASE bring back the buckets. I have no room for a large fountain or wishing well. Now no growing anything ?

Last edited: Oct 28, 2016
  7. bgood4llts

bgood4llts Avatar

So this is what I am trying to ask with this topic... HOW do you gather water, not where do you gather water. I have a wishing well and other assorted fountains... The PROBLEM is there are no instructions on HOW to get the water. The wising well does not have a hot spot where the cursor lights up or anything. Buying buckets of water seems to work like always, but isn't what was promised with this release. The buckets don't get empty when you use them, so what is the actual procedure for gathering water?

1. Do you need a special bucket?
    2. How much water can you collect on your tune before you have to go back to the well?

PLEASE, will some dev let us know, or actually put some INSTRUCTIONS in the new instructions document on HOW to gather water.

TYVM =)

8. LiquidSky

LiquidSky Avatar

I click on my well....i get a bucket of water.

I do it again.....

Another bucket of water. etc.

I click on somebody elses well... no bucket.
    I click on fountain...no bucket.

Moral of the story...where there is a well, there is a way!

thoregundi and Nhili Dragon like this.
  9. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

The new water gathering is intended to work on all wells and fountains. However, there may be some (particularly fountains) that are bugged and not yet flagged with the gathering option. Water from streams/rivers/birdbaths/etc are planned to be added later in a future release.

IF the well/fountain you are using is capable of providing you free water... all you need to do is double-click it or use the "E" activation key and your avatar will path to the proper gathering spot and collect water from it, just as if you were mining an ore node or gathering herbs, etc.

You DO NOT NEED to have any bucket on you at all.

IF the well/fountain you are using doesn't let you collect water, then that source is either bugged or you don't have permissions to use it (in the case of someone else's lot where it might be set to private). If this is the case, then please post a separate bug report and include pertinent info (using the bug report icon at the top right of your screen will copy it all to the clipboard so you can paste into the bug report).

Numa and By Tor like this.
  10. Nhili Dragon

Nhili Dragon Avatar

The buckets still work as my small Cinereous fountain does not work and from what I have read none of that specific type works.

By Tor likes this.
  11. By Tor

By Tor Avatar

Yes. Same here. I'm assuming this is a known bug since so many people are having the same issue.

Edit: Ah, just read Attenwood's post in this thread. Wishing wells and *large* fountains. Guess that's why the smaller fountains aren't working. Looks like I'll be buying my buckets of water until we can use lakes/rivers as a water source.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2016
    Nhili Dragon likes this.
  12. Jaxtron

Jaxtron Avatar

I have a village lot with a viking stronghold. I removed the fence from the back corner, made a well and even though it appears to fit with the large stone ring, it still remains red so no luck placing it outside. Of course, I can't place it on the top floor where all may raised beds are or in the basement. I do have the 2 tier fountain in the front that I figured I would be able to use since originally I didn't see that it specified "large" fountains but as others have posted, no luck.

So is the plan that only large fountains can be used or is there a plan to make the 2 tier and smaller fountains usable? Will there ever be a well that doesn't have the huge stone ring around it? Must I either stop using my house (which I purchased with cash) or continue to buy buckets (when they get fixed I guess)?

Thanks

13. Fazz

Fazz Avatar

Am i supposed to be able to collect water from the fountains in Ardoris (public fountains)? Hovering the mouse over them shows 'Take Water', but when i double click or press E nothing happens.

14. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

My wishing well allows just from one spot to collect water.
    If i place it "wrong"in my garden, it's "unable to reach" the well.
    So i have figured out, thats it's recommended to click on a speciel side of the well.
    For me it's the oppposite side of where the bucket stays and there maybe Need to be enough space to let the character walk into right position to beginn collecting otherwise he want to beginn, the Animation like harvesting a tree beginns, but if there's not enough space he cannot go inte the right position to begin.
    I for myself found a place in my garden where it goes "well" :D

Numa likes this.
  15. Attenwood

Bug reported

Known issue for awkward pathing around wishing wells.

16. Attenwood

We are exploring the possibility of adding water gathering to larger bodies of water in the future.

Hazard likes this.
  17. Mugly Wumple

Mugly Wumple Avatar

It seems to me you must be close enough to see and click the water inside the Wishing Well or you'll get a Miscellaneous message about node not reachable.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.