Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Known] Bug reporting Rewards

Discussion in 'Release 35 Bug Forum' started by Roper Docholiday, Oct 27, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Roper Docholiday

Roper Docholiday Avatar

recived 5 gold coto's for bug reporting but did not get any of the other rewards and i reported more than double of the requied bug amounts to get the reward.

2. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Hi Roper, and thank you for your participation in the Testing Incentives Program! We had quite a lot of activity during R34, and your contribution was not lost!

Out of curiosity, may I ask how you are getting a number you think is the "required bug amounts" to get the reward? As far as I'm aware, that is tracked internally, and has not been a part of any of our announcements.

3. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

Same. Perhaps they haven't sent them yet?

4. Attenwood

I should also clarify, your progress as a tester has not been lost! We are not releasing all of the items at once, but rather releasing them by tiers and over the course of releases. The number of bugs your reported from R34 will be added to the bugs you report in R35, and will continue to be tallied as you work along a path through our tiers. :)

5. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

Probably the "four hours" that was mentioned at some point?

Anyhow, if the COTOs were delivered and nothing else, that probably indicates that the other things just aren't ready yet, which is the usual case with new reward items.

EDIT: gotta get them sweet Attenpoints!

6. Attenwood

Where are you both getting an idea of a "required bug number"?

Elwyn likes this.
  7. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

By "same" I mean that I did some amount of time in QA and received COTOs. I took the four hours figure as a suggested minimum.

8. Attenwood

The only thing tied to a time component was 4 hours of in-game QA server time for COTO. The rest is being tracked through Unique Bug Reporting and participation. We do not intend to release all of the items immediately.

9. Koldar

Koldar Avatar

@Attenwood it would be helpful to know what we have to do to acquire the other rewards. I have reported approximately 20 bugs between r34 and r35 (quite a number more if you look back through r1-r33). I'm already losing motivation for reporting bugs because I don't know how many of those 20 count and how many more I need to report.

10. Roper Docholiday

Roper Docholiday Avatar

I can not find the link where it was posted originally. I can post what the numbers I have from memory if you would like. It was one of the original posts that were made for the rewards. To me, it looks like it was removed from the original post.

But I agree we should be able to know what the actual number we need to achieve is and also need to see where we are at as several bugs that are reported previously do not have assigned numbers nor do we know which bugs are actually accepted that goes to our count of reported bugs.

Koldar likes this.
  11. Koldar

Koldar Avatar

+1

I think they are probably not saying what the official numbers are because they want us to just keep testing. it will likely have to opposite effect on me. I have too little time to spend testing if I want to play. I have to know it's worth my time to test and report bugs.

12. Attenwood

So far, only unique bug reports from R34 have been registered in our report, as the first report to record for our program. R35 posts have not been calculated, and participation from R35 will not be recorded and delivered for until the end of the release.

Thank you for the feedback. Our system is delivering as expected for those who have met the first tier of extraordinary program participation. We expect many to most of those who were close, but did not make the target for the first tier of reward delivery and remain active, to reach it over the next cycle.

Feel free to reach out to me directly with any further concern you have for the program and its deliverables. Thanks for the feedback.

13. Archer

Archer Avatar

Hmm, just grabbed my rewards. 5 COTOs but no Ant Farm or Corpion Chair :-(
    Am I mistaken in the belief, that just putting in as much time as you could (minimum 4 hours) and reporting what you find was all that was needed?
    I'll continue to do that, whatever the answer, but I'll be disappointed if it's not the case.

14. Koldar

Koldar Avatar

@Attenwood consider yourself PM'd. I'm very curious about the deliverable's. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.