Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Cannot Place Quest items into any Bank

Discussion in 'Release 35 Bug Forum' started by Muddern, Oct 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Muddern

Muddern Avatar

I took A Bonesteel Dagger, Highvale Gate Key and Solace Bridge Key out from the Bank to relocate them to another bank but i cannot place them it says in the Chat window:
    ''Item (Bonesteel Dagger) cannot be moved to a publicly accessible container because it cannot be traded''

http://imgur.com/a/FARQC

[​IMG]

jama likes this.
  2. Gamician

Gamician Avatar

@Muddern, Thank you for reporting, Issue has been submitted for Team Review. Quest items were changed in R34 so that they cannot be placed in chests or banks. This was done to make sure individuals did the quests on their own and not have others acquire what is needed to complete the quest and give the items to them. There has developed in R35 a Bug that keeps other items from being placed in Chests and the Bank. That issues has also been reported. Keep up the good work in reporting.

Muddern likes this.
  3. Julyn

Julyn Developer Emeritus

Thank you for your feedback, this is by design. because bank items can be transferred between characters, we do not want to allow quest items to be transferred.

Cheers,
    Julyn

4. Muddern

Muddern Avatar

@Julyn Well and now i get to have the bonesteel dagger and the Highvale Gate Key in my inventory forever? Because im not going to do those quests and those items are not destroyable.

Moiseyev Trueden likes this.
  5. Lord Subtleton

Lord Subtleton Developer Emeritus

I've entered an issue (Ref 36407) in our internal task tracker to review this design decision.

6. Willowhawk

Willowhawk Avatar

This is also true with crafting gear. I ran to Resolute so I could move everything over to Ardoris bank, and now I am stuck with my inventory loaded with stuff I have nowhere to put. I guess I can throw away all my crafting gear which is almost 8lbs, but that still leaves 9lbs of extra armor and equipment.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2016
  7. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Crafting gear? Elaborate please.

8. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

Im stuck holding my crystal sword and heart of sarrows.

9. Moiseyev Trueden

Moiseyev Trueden Avatar

How can items be transferred between characters when it is in the bank? I thought banked items were only accessible by my character. Or is this a preemptive move for multiple character slots on 1 account?

10. Willowhawk

Willowhawk Avatar

The crafting tools that we start with have a zero value, so they seems to fall into the same category as the quest items. I took them out of one bank to deposit them into another bank, but now I can't deposit them so I'm stuck carrying an entire set of crafting tools around with me, or I can destroy them and then purchase them again for 50 gold apiece which I'd rather not since that's a lot of gold spent for nothing.

11. Robros Reh

Robros Reh Avatar

I purchased a raffle ticket for R35 and can not place it in my bank vault.

I get the same statement as above "Can not place it in a publicly assessable container"

I have no problem keeping the item in my inventory but I was under the impression that it had to be placed in my personnel bank vault to count.

Purchased from Deco vender at the bank close to the docks in Xenos tried to place in the upscale bank in Xenos received same statement.
    Please advise if this is what is intended and that the ticket will be counted in my avatars inventory.

Xi_ likes this.
  12. Xi_

Xi_ Avatar

i too am unable to place my new raffle tickets in my bank, can they be stolen or looted off my corpse in pvp?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.