1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Tickets for Release 35 Lot Deed Raffle

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Berek, Oct 31, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Berek

Berek Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

This will be the third Lot Deed Raffle. Raffles will be held monthly and may have multiple winners for each lot size (numbers will vary each month). For this raffle (and future raffles), we are scaling back the number of deeds so that we can pace them out to better match current availability and the speed at which town owners are making lots available.

There are two raffles, one for each lot type:
    • Place Anywhere Deeds (20):
      • Row: 10
      • Village: 6
      • Town: 3
      • City: 1
    • Player Owned Town Deeds (150):
      • Row: 80
      • Village: 40
      • Town: 20
      • City: 10
    Raffle tickets may be purchased in-game and grant the holder a chance to win deeds of any size (Row, Village, Town, or City). Place-Anywhere Deed raffle tickets are more expensive but will have fewer deeds than POT raffle tickets, which are more affordable and will have many more deeds in each raffle. This means your chances to win a POT deed are much greater.

Winners for this release will be selected the morning of November 17 before R36 goes live.

NOTE: There will be no free raffle tickets with this Raffle.

A reminder for previous raffle winners to claim your deeds in the bank!

Last edited: Oct 31, 2016
    Alexander, FrostII, NRaas and 6 others like this.
  2. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

Very sexy.
    Keep it up.

Leelu and iansmellios like this.
  3. mikedeathdealer

mikedeathdealer Avatar

Winners for this release will be selected the morning of November 17 before R36 goes live. Is this correct? Or is this a really early release. :)

Leelu and iansmellios like this.
  4. Selene

Selene Avatar

Blame American Thanksgiving. ;)

Leelu and Sentinel2 like this.
  5. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

November and December releases are earlier than usual.

Leelu and Celthon like this.
  6. Dragonhart

Dragonhart Avatar

early because they need to get them out, and get them patched, before they take their holidays :)

Leelu and Celthon like this.
  7. Hermetic

Hermetic Avatar

Oh well, I guess every society needs homeless people too. With the limited time I have to play lately I will not be throwing my money away on a small chance to win a lot.
    Maybe if I keep grinding I will eventually be able to find a vendor selling a deed I can afford.

Dorham Isycle, Leelu and Olthadir like this.
  8. Nietzsche

Nietzsche Avatar

@Hermetic, you'd be surprised at the actual probability of winning. A POT row deed costs $85 from the add-on store. You can buy 100k gold and the equivalent of 20 entry's for the POT raffle for around $50. I would say you'd be unlucky not to win at least 1 deed for spending 100k gold.

Leelu likes this.
  9. Roycestein Kaelstrom

This time the odd may or may not be lower. If Chris could run the odd chance and announce it toward the end, that may help people make the decision on whether they want to take a shot at it or not.

In the past two raffles, those who bought more than the odds were very likely to win at least one (POT deed odd were 1:4 and 1:10 respectively). So on R34, if a person were to spend about 50k, he would be very likely to win at least one and that still cost less than the original in-game gold price of 80k at Owl's Head vendor before final wipe.

Again, don't blindly spend the money of the tickets if you're not sure. Save up your money and decide toward the end on whether you want to take a chance or not when you have more information.

10. Sean Silverfoot

Sean Silverfoot Avatar

Have to say, I'm not real fond of announcing odds for any raffle, they have to be a garbage number after the first couple of hours as folks buy more tickets based on the early numbers.

Am I wrong in thinking this?

rild, Leelu, Gaelis and 3 others like this.
  11. Net

Net Avatar

Yeah I think it will only make people less likely to buy tickets early and mass buy after the announcment of odds so the odds will not mean anything anyway. At this point announcing odds and numbers in past raffles might be sufficient.

12. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Yes, but at least we will have a rough idea of what odd we are up against and have to weigh in that other people may think the same way as well. For example, if I know the odd gonna be like 1:5, in the end it may jump to 1:10, I may consider taking some chances for some deeds. However, if the last posted odd were to be 1:200, then I wouldn't even bother.

Leelu likes this.
  13. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

Normally i agree with you,
    but its a raffle. Odds shouldnt be posted. If you want to enter, you should enter. If you want to enter HARD, you should enter HARD with no numbers given by a dev to confirm whats considered a lot or a little.

Besides people can judge from the last 2 whats considered a good amount and whats not.

rild, Leelu, Gaelis and 4 others like this.
  14. Gregoire Visaard

Gregoire Visaard Avatar

At what point does the housing market become saturated with lot deeds? Already seeing pot lot deeds and taxable lot deeds selling below face value daily or just barely above?

Once you adjust tax rates downward into something far more livable for the vast majority of us then the tax free ones will also become toilet paper. Is that the plan?

I was under the impression that housing was to be a limited thing?
    Everyday more and more deeds are flooding the housing markets?
    Just my 2 cents!

Nietzsche and E n v y like this.
  15. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

Buy a row deed from another player.....as little as $40 now.....visit the oracle each day to claim 500g to pay rent. May as well be tax free.

rild, Rada Torment and Alexander like this.
  16. Sean Silverfoot

Sean Silverfoot Avatar

As soon as they finish giving out the 30% over sales they've said time after time would be available. There IS an end number and has been for quite some time.....sheesh.

17. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

Except its to the existing tiny player base. Thus flooding the market when there is no need to.

18. Gregoire Visaard

Gregoire Visaard Avatar

Thanks for reminding me! Maybe I should get a bunch myself so I have some for future pot residents

19. Gideon Thrax

Gideon Thrax Avatar

I'm trading some of the deeds I won for COTOs... I've been receiving offers of gold, mats, item trades, basically everything that makes the in game economy work = raffle working exactly as intended = stimulate the economy. Also, for anyone interested in renting a NPC lot - all you have to do is contact me and I'll lay a deed down for you to use - you just owe the in game rate for taxes/gold per day for the deed placed.

20. Sean Silverfoot

Sean Silverfoot Avatar

As you know it has been geared down greatly to stretch it out til past launch and no matter what in the long run it will still be only approx 8-9k of the total of 62k+ backers will have land. IMHO, my friend

Moiseyev Trueden likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.