Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

The new defensive stance

Discussion in 'Release 36 Dev+ Feedback Forum' started by Silis, Nov 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Silis

Silis Avatar

This seems like a pretty solid change with a big upside to heavy armor wearers and provides a greater incentive to level the skill overall. I hope we see improvements to other stances over time though as it seems even more must have for melee now.

2. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

What changed?

Defensive Stance has existed for like over a year.

Roycestein Kaelstrom likes this.
  3. Silis

Silis Avatar

Instead of a flat + damage resist it provides +% effectiveness of armor. At 80 skill it is more than doubling my resist...In chain with a shield I'm at 66

Roycestein Kaelstrom and moko like this.
  4. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

Oh cool, that's a good change. I guess I'll no longer need it while in robes. :)

I still think it should not continue to work while moving. I think that's something that should be changed if it already hasn't.

5. Gurney2

Gurney2 Avatar

what does armor effectiveness mean ?

6. Silis

Silis Avatar

From what I could tell in testing, only affects Damage Reduction from armor and shields. Could probably be worded better.

7. redfish

redfish Avatar

Nah; for instance, I think Defensive Stance makes sense if you're moving towards an archer or backwards from one, especially with a shield raised.

Though, Defensive Stance should be a forward facing defense, like shields, that maybe has a periphery, but doesn't work from the back side. Not sure how directionality currently influences its effects.

It should influence default animations though, so you actually see your avatar positioned in the stance while at rest. And if operative while moving, you should show you keeping your defenses up while moving. Currently, as you run, your shield goes off to the side; with Defensive Stance operative, the shield should stay forward facing, IMO. The less we have to look at the buff/debuff glyphs on top of the screen to see what's going on in the game, the better.

Chatele likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.