Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Game imbalance is not incentive

Discussion in 'Release 36 Dev+ Feedback Forum' started by Umuri, Nov 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Net

Net Avatar

I really think that PvP death should result in xp decay but the winner should get 50% of that xp or so.

That would also mean that killing low level avatar would provide minimal xp gain, but killing high level one wouldresult in really good xp and might be worth it for a group of lower level people. I think that system like this would tend to balance itself neatly unlike the flat 25% xp bonus.

2. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

There is so much land space that player will just find places out of the want that PvPes will never find.

Sorry but this goes against what was promised that is the one major problem.

No player should ever be forced in PvP, do not try and use the excuse that this is not forcing it on anyone , look at it this way you suffer a 25% decres in Exp gained if oyu are not in PvP and in multiplayer - it is the EXACT same thing

Just worded differently, this is W R O N G on so many integrity levels it is not even funny.

Moiseyev Trueden likes this.
  3. Gideon Thrax

Gideon Thrax Avatar

nope. It's not forcing anyone and the 25% buff won't be enough to match the XP gain of a solo player grinding it out in SPO. Just wait and see... this buff won't be enough to keep people interested in multiplayer - but it's a healthy start and should at least get people interested in maybe trying to play in multiplayer for a day or two.

what if they introduced this as an obsidian potion that only works in PVP... haha :) that would break the internet

Hornpipe likes this.
  4. Net

Net Avatar

It is not, you suffer "only" 20% decrease, even though PvPer will get 25% bonus. 1250 xp is 25% more than 1000 xp, but 1000 xp is "only" 20% less than 1250 xp.

5. Curt

Curt Avatar

Still in a ENRAGED state due to this change, this change make so any recommendation/review i would wrote changes from positive (recommend) to negative (don't recommend)

Toadster likes this.
  6. aseltine

aseltine Avatar

Extra repairs do suck, but making repair COTO's even more expensive is punishment, not reward, so you contradict yourself.

7. aseltine

aseltine Avatar

The logic behind this XP change given was this was a reward for PVP, because it is system-wide that turns into a punishment for everyone who doesn't PVP. Simple as that and you can't word you way out of that reality. But as the previous poster two or three spots up mentioned, why should PVP get more reward? You wanted to flag pvp, you flagged pvp, you choose that. Why should your play style earn you a reward over a PVE player? If you want to reduce the risk stop making the cost of repairs higher!!!

Reward people with loot, it is that simple. Double the drop rate of everything in the shardfalls. That is a matter of a few clicks or adding a few mobs with great drops, rather than this elaborate cluster foxtrot with changing how XP is earned. Beyond that, don't tell us about how 98-100 is barely different. You're looking at it through spreadsheets. I see dev's with 30,000 hp in game, you earn that through changing a config file, not grinding through the game play portion for hours. When I see a dev join a party and grind brightbone for 3 hours, or spend 5 hours in a mine farming silver and then TRY to sell it on a vendor, you can talk to me about how your changes are fair. Until then you're looking at it from 30K feet though your spreadsheets and reports, not through the eyes of a player.

8. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

Thats not what he said. CotOs are going for around 1500 gold in-game with the current drop rate. If the price raises so they go for 2000 gold on average, they will increase the drop rate to bring the price back down. So they are making CotOs *less* expensive.

9. aseltine

aseltine Avatar

The increating # of cotos to repair will quickly outpace any increased drop rate. My point is on one hand he says, hey repair costs suck, this is a reward to make up for it! is dishonest when the next line in the change log is hey, your repairs are going to cost more and more cotos every time you use them from now on!

If they feel the cost of repairs for PVP is an issue they should stop messing with XP and reduce the cost of repairs, rather than creating new layers of issues.

10. Silis

Silis Avatar

Maybe they should reduce xp for places for brightbone, why should people who are willing to party get more exp than those that solo? Is everyone unwilling to get a group to grind brightbone being punished? They could do what is needed to grind there if they wanted. Any reward for PVP gets met with the same basic argument of 'I don't want to take the risks of pvp so I don't think anyone else should be rewarded for doing so'. The argument of more drops in shardfalls has come up as a reward before, along with many other options and that is always the response from those who do not want to pvp.

11. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

No, because you shouldn't be repairing it constantly. Gear is disposable, and needs to be replaced from time to time. If you always wear the best gear you have to go grind xp, you are doing yourself disservice, and this change will fix that pretty quickly.

12. Theonetheonly

Theonetheonly Avatar

I don't get that mentality.
    We Avatars are in dangerous conditions. We are facing things which can hurt, even kill us - perhaps not permanently, but as we don't really understand how all this madness works, we cannot rely on it.

As such - WHY would we NOT want to use the best tools we have, all the time?

13. Nemesis2

Nemesis2 Avatar

yea phoeey on the pvp flag ill just mine....dumbest idea ever.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.