1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Early Access Schedule

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DarkStarr, Nov 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cimerians

cimerians Avatar

This is great...I need to make some time for this.

2. smack

smack Avatar

They haven't said, but most likely you'll see an Update with those details as we get closer to the first Release window.

3. Hempy Do`Herben

Hempy Do`Herben Avatar

I am happy to be reading this. Have been playing Neverwinter like a crazy man. Actually hated it but it has grown on me alot. Excited to move over to the rich deep world I have been seeing in the 3 and 6 month videos. First thing I am gonna do is chop a few trees down and watch them fall. I do hope Shroud takes some COMBAT queues from Neverwinter. Their combat is slick. Great work and ty for everything you all have been doing.

PS: When will I be able to use my fishing rod :)

I can't wait to put NW on he shelve and dive deep into SotA. I will definitely be testing the **** out of the NPC convo system. I hope it recognizes and reacts to curse words :p

Dame Lori likes this.
  4. Berek

Berek Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Just catching up on the news here myself. Great to see the schedule being fleshed out! It will be interesting to see how we can test housing early in a smaller confined area of the map.

Hempy, I am a bit NWN player myself :).

Dame Lori and Hempy Do`Herben like this.
  5. BillRoy

BillRoy Avatar

$45.00 Adventurer
    Available only to pre-launch backers,
    Exclusive Early Bird Alpha + Beta Access (estimated Alpha delivery in December 2013)

*It doesn't say "kickstarter' or anything, just pre-launch backer at the $45 dollar level, and the game hasn't launched yet...I hope this helps.:)

6. BillRoy

BillRoy Avatar

I've been playing a lot of Two Worlds~Epic Edition in preperation of this...just a few more things to hammer out and I'll be ready...:mad:

7. Legenis

Legenis Avatar

Cannot wait, game is shaping up very nice!

8. RafaelLVX

RafaelLVX Avatar

And yet most people only seem to care about the in-game housing. Nobody asks about murdering monsters and stealing their stuff, or reaching avatarhood through the 8 virtues or whatever. Because clearly, housing is what matters in a medieval fantasy sword and sorcery game. Fantastic.

Sure, the news is great, I'm actually impressed to see alpha/beta access so soon.

9. Dame Lori

Dame Lori Avatar

Hi grog! Welcome to the forum! Anyone who pledged the basic pledge level ($25+) should have alpha access.

Phredicon likes this.
  10. Dame Lori

Dame Lori Avatar

Hi Rafael and welcome to the forums :) There have been a whole lot of questions asked about the other game systems throughout the forums, believe me... :D Housing just happens to be one of those things that doesn't really need as much programming and has also been an awesome fundraiser, so they've already polished some houses, and have them ready for show 'n tell. Based on the other posts here by the community and the team, there are plenty of other things we all care about :D

Hope to see you around the forums more! :)

rild and Koldar like this.
  11. Nemisis Dragon

Nemisis Dragon Avatar

Well, I'm one of the First Responder ($25) backer, and I'm very sure that this also includes both, alpha and beta access. I really hope they didn't change this!

Koldar and BillRoy like this.
  12. Link_of_Hyrule

Link_of_Hyrule Avatar

I'm super excited and can't wait to play!

rild likes this.
  13. BillRoy

BillRoy Avatar

I hope so too, friend.:)
    If they said it I don't think they would change it.

*I just copy/pasted what was on the home page.:oops:

14. Koldar

Koldar Avatar

From what I understand, KS backers at $25 and higher get early alpha and beta too.

BillRoy likes this.
  15. smack

smack Avatar

Yep, early backers during the KS campaign at the $25 (First Responder) level and higher will get early access. Any new backers after that KS campaign are only entitled to the early access at the $45 (Adventurer) level and higher.

BillRoy likes this.
  16. Shadowladysage

Shadowladysage Avatar

Since are waiting to add combat till phase 4, I assume there will be a PvP testing phase as well as that will take some time to perfect and balance and you need real people to test it

BillRoy likes this.
  17. LoneStranger

LoneStranger Avatar

Yes, that will likely be a focus in Beta, but that might not be until Summer.

BillRoy likes this.
  18. Nemo Herringwary

Nemo Herringwary Avatar

To all those getting excited, and I am one too, remember the first few tests are likely to be Stress Tests, and you may not do a whole lot of logging in during the first releases; especially the moment it first goes live when we're all going to be hammering the download servers and then the log in ones. This is what they internally want to find the breaking points for, but it won't be a lot of fun at first... heck, even as late as Age of Shadows, the Europa server for Ultima Online was up and down for 36 hours after launch as we all tried to pile onto the new land mass! So if you're booking time off in December, be prepared to potentially not even see any of the game, ideally in fact you don't want too as it's a sign the game if truly popular behind the believers enthusiasm. Just hold onto your belief through out the potential server breaking disaster! And if you find a way to break the game somehow yourself, don't forget to report it in!

rild likes this.
  19. Miganarchine

Miganarchine Avatar

what a great xmas present to me from Lord British, look forward to playing :D

Rhiannon and rild like this.
  20. TroubleMagnet

TroubleMagnet Avatar

I wish the test durations were a bit longer, or that we would at least be able to play with each release offline after the data gathering phase is over. Still, should be fun!

smack likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.