Bank Reward Claims -> What did I get?

Discussion in 'Archived Topics' started by Arcadeguy, Nov 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arcadeguy

Arcadeguy Avatar

Hiyas!

When I open my bank storage and hit the Claim Rewards button I get a message that says I got my rewards but it doesn't say what I got. I checked the local chat tab and didn't see anything there and don't see anything on the message itself. Am I missing something or would it be possible to get a list of the items that are received when the Claim Rewards option is used? Thanks!

2. Selene

Selene Avatar

They reset the fan emote, so it is now teachable, so that might be one thing if you had it before. :)

Acred likes this.
  3. Retlaw

Retlaw Avatar

Yup I noticed this too .. start and finish with same number of bank items so assumed something got 'updated'.

Roycestein Kaelstrom and Acred like this.
  4. Chaox

Chaox Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

I personally love that idea - let me float that around and see what can be done.

(What you got likely was the reset on the fan emote; Rewards Delivery is the pipeline for that, and I'm always on the lookout for some type of silent-automatic claim for those kinds of things)

5. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

So that's what it was.. I can stop looking in my bank for my mysterious new item, and assume it was some emote! :) Gotta tell us these things! @Chaox Or we spawn posts haha!

Roycestein Kaelstrom and Acred like this.
  6. Maeryck

Maeryck Avatar

I believe we also got a new firedance emote

7. Acred

Acred Avatar

Yes, I think it was the updated firedance emote. But the idea to have a list of what was newly received is a very good one.

8. Mykll

Mykll Avatar

Oh man thank you for bringing this up. I have been meaning to (and always failed to) bring this up, ever since the second time I claimed items at the bank. First time, everything was new, yay shinies! Second time... Umm... I dunno what's new in this list of hundreds of items.

9. Chaox

I talked with one of my best buddies on the technology team @BurningToad, and was reminded of what I've known all along but needed a refresher on: the game client itself it blind to what's happened when rewards are claimed, it's the server doing all the work behind-the-scenes, and then basically a "refresh the bank list" happens. Not that this cannot be solved, but I was hoping it would be easier for the client to just list what was happening as it came down the pipes.

I'm generally heavily involved with what's going on with the reward system, so I will keep an eye out for architecture changes that can facilitate this in the future.

10. Arcadeguy

Arcadeguy Avatar

Roycestein Kaelstrom likes this.
  11. Aurelius Silverson

Aurelius Silverson Avatar

For this, and a couple of other reasons, is it possible for anything at all on our side of the system to record WHEN something goes in to the bank, and we could sort on that as well as weight or cost or name or location? Or even just name tag in a different colour what went in in, say, the last 7 days?

Last edited: Nov 19, 2016
  12. Wintermute of CoF

Wintermute of CoF Avatar

My work around at the moment is to take screenshots of the bank window before I claim and then compare afterwards.

This is not entirely true, and I suspect (though I can't know, because he has access to the code and I don't) that @BurningToad may be over-thinking the problem a bit. The game client has a list of all the things in the bank at the moment we hit the claim button, a few seconds later the game client has a list of all the things in the bank after the list has been updated. You just need to cache one for a few seconds and compare it to the new one:

Code:
    var newItems = listAfter.Except(listBefore);
    With the usual additional object comparison complexities depending on how bank items are represented in code.

13. BurningToad

BurningToad Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Yeah, I thought of that. There are some other things as well, emotes, titles, bank upgrades, etc, which are handled a bit differently than normal items, but you are right that I could probably figure out a comparison based on previous data -> new data on the client. I'll look into it :)

14. Chaox

Yup, there's a solution to be made/had for this, just not a simple "list the data is it goes by" patch request.

15. Arcadeguy

Arcadeguy Avatar

16. Damian Killingsworth

Damian Killingsworth Avatar

I believe rewards go to the "reward" category instead of the local (until you click drag them)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.