Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Balance Chain Lightning.

Discussion in 'Release 36 Feedback Forum' started by MrBlight, Nov 24, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

So ignoring all peoples choosing to flag or not to flag issues

Edited - To The actual point - And cause i was just sheerly pissed at the BS

Chain lighting is still completly un adjusted with the new patch.

Even in a ( YES 3v1 ) Situation, its very easily for a mage to keep non mages perma stunned with no solution to it.

Theres no way for an archer to compete with anyone running lighting and chain lighting, and even less for a tank.

- And note, wasnt much of a gank, when the chain pulls people out of stealth too. Even attempted a 2nd time, as soon as mage sees you, it cant be interuptted.. Pure rapid fire doesnt seem to effect it.

Yea guess i was bitchy about the sheer BS of a click to win skill.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2016
    uhop likes this.
  2. Greyfox

Greyfox Avatar

You guys must be really bad PVPers. You had a gank 2 vrs 1 and still lost.

In the future what skills should those you intend to gank 2v1 trait so its a fair fight for you two killers?

Would only the focus tree be acceptable? What about Polearms if we equip fishing poles?

3. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Everyone knows Chain Lightning is out of whack :)and the resistance / damage / whatever pass they made to balance things out did not even come close to addressing any real issues.:(

:oops: The template of the day wreaked H A V O C:cool: on two of you who tried to jump out of stealth and attack a player.

LMAO:D;)

BTW this is the beginning of PvPers wanting to nerf the template of the day,

Games like this can never EVER be balanced from PvP viewpoints - it becomes nothing but chase to modify whatever become the Temp (Skill) of the Day . . . .

Last edited: Nov 25, 2016
    Beli, Thooven, Vaiden Luro and 2 others like this.
  4. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

Adjusted to be less bitchy-
    Point is simply that Chain lightning is completle unbalanced in the PVP area. And that even with the mage adjustments, it still doesnt seemed to slow down the sheer insta win it is in a pvp fight.

I took it up to 40, and can keep someone perma locked in a duel .. lol

Pretty redic in the actual battle field.

5. Retro

Retro Avatar

Are we on the nerf chain lighting tip yet again o_O... build to defend against it, I'll bet you and your merry band have 0 stun lighting resist and your attempted gank probably has GM Chain, Stun mod and air attunement out the yin - yang.

Beli, Mac2, Vaiden Luro and 5 others like this.
  6. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

Actually running Air resist is the funny thing,
    That being said, i hold to my point, as i just took it up to 40, and can perma lock someone in a duel very very easily. ( Kinda redic)

Compared to other spells, and skills. It is definitly PVP dominent.

And yea, im assuming the mage that 3 people ( 1 tank he actually jumped ) and an archer and a duel wielder (who unstealthed behind him after the fact ) .. still couldnt even interuppt him enough to prevent being perma stunned, was a GM.

Thoughts - ? Make the stun length scale with each hit? Some kinda diminishing returns?

Was some snarky responses, which is fine, i wrote a pretty bs rant. But the fact of the matter is,
    he was already on a tank, and 2 of us behind him, on him with rapid fire ( gm archer) and back stabbing / thrust (gm blades ) still wasnt enough to interupt or prevent a 1 cast = perma stun to death exchange.

Im positive the guy was leaps and bounds into that build, but it doesnt change the fact that theres very little that can currently be done against lighting

7. WehTeheFf

WehTeheFf Avatar

Diminishing returns are a must for balanced pvp imho. If there were only a handful stuns in the game with cooldowns that would be something else. But permastunning is just bad for pvp (I'm not a victim of chainlightning spam pvp btw.)

Preachyr likes this.
  8. Preachyr

Preachyr Avatar

This exactly. Permastunning should not be a thing in any game that wants balanced PVP

Beaumaris likes this.
  9. Peabo

Peabo Avatar

Work on your stun resist skills, take some air attunement also. I know of malee that can easily take out these air mages. Your not limited to any ups of class, be everything!

Bamboozle and Nataurz like this.
  10. Jordizzle

Jordizzle Avatar

Chain lightning is very overpowered and quite ridiculous. Needs to be nerfed hardcore.

11. Lazlo

Lazlo Avatar

This is the problem with skills that are either very expensive or very inconvenient. It's pretty hard to balance apples and oranges and produce anything that's satisfactory. You usually just end up with a skill that's either overpowered or that isn't worth its cost.

Net and Lord Halvard Fimbultyr like this.
  12. Nataurz

Nataurz Avatar

What level are you in chain lightning ?

13. Greyfox

Greyfox Avatar

My issue with most MMO PVP is perfectly summed up in this thread. When skills work as intended the gankers will cry to the Devs for nerfs. The Devs will usually try to compromise and nerf the skills being cried about. Eventually every skill gets cried about and nerfed.

The end result is PVP with a total lack of skill, based totally upon who fields the larger gank squad.

Most MMO PVPers do not want fair fights. They want to go around and 3v1 gank fishermen.

Lightening's ONLY purpose other than yet another DMG spell is the stun. Remove or nerf the stun and you may as well remove lightening from the game. Most gankers don't care about balance. They only want to be able to gank and get LOLs.

I believe the scenario described is perfectly balanced PVP. This 3 person gank squad failed to kill a single person because they lacked the skill, build, and persistence to gank a better skilled, smarter, and superior PVPer. Bravo for killing a lame gank squad and making their tears flow.

Real PVPers will do after action reports and realize the solution rhymes with persistence. I'll make it easy for the gank squads. The solution is resistance. You also need persistence as a PVPer. So Persistence and Resistance my gank squad friends.

Learn to PVP.

Beli, starchildren3317, Frak and 7 others like this.
  14. Nox Haven

Nox Haven Avatar

Chain lighting is completely ridiculous. It zaps everything in sight and stuns everything in sight. Spamming it can just stun kill everything to death without anything being able to something back without building up a ridiculous amount resist that has no other purpose than to resist this completely OP spell. You can't even watch a PvP tournament from the sidelines without getting zapped. Hell, you are still in the radius of this OP spell when you are on the second level of the Duke Arena Basement watching players PvP. In PvP combat in the woods, all the monsters in the humongous radius of the combat are just friggin collateral damage. One chain lightning based PvPer can kill an entire squad of GM PvE setup characters in seconds like he/she is eating left over cheese cake. PvE characters will never flag PvP if they have zero chance of surviving.

15. Curt

Curt Avatar

IF the stun of several is a problem could they change it so the stun duration is divided by the number of targets hit?
    2 targets half duration
    3 targets 1/3 duration and so on

16. Greyfox

Greyfox Avatar

Raise resistances, stun them back, don't group up, stay out of range, interrupt their cast, stun them first, to summarize L2P.

Without skills like Chain Lightening and stuns PVP is not skill based or tactical.

Remove any chance of countering larger groups and NO one will PVP.

Beli, Bamboozle, Vaiden Luro and 3 others like this.
  17. Numa

Numa Avatar

Certain spells like chain lightning should be tied to the weather. Cloud and/or rainy - fine zap away. But in bright sunlight ? Good luck :)

Spoon likes this.
  18. WehTeheFf

WehTeheFf Avatar

Really?
    You cannot call PvP tactical if there are any spammable multi-target disables without any diminishing returns.

If you had that one mass disable which you need to time almost perfectly to hit all your targets and if you land the hit you can use your big AoE damage spell to maybe get the upper hand in a fight although you're outnumbered... Yea, that would be fine.

But if it all comes down to "who can stun the enemy first, then just spam those stuns to keep them permadisabled" that has nothing to do with a tactical pvp fight.

I don't say "Nerf Chainlightning" btw. I'm saying "Give all players a higher resistance to disables after they've been disabled by another player." A disable should give you some precious seconds to cast that heal, run away or maybe cast that big spell that's usually too easy to interrupt. It shouldn't be a no-brainer like lightning or chainlightning.

MrBlight likes this.
  19. Greyfox

Greyfox Avatar

Chain Lightening stuns for approximately 5 seconds with a 15 Second Cool down and 1 second cast time. How can you perma disable anyone?

20. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

The problem with chain lightning is that it allows a combo attack, Damage AND Stun, at range to multiple opponents. By design it's OP.

In order to make it less OP you really need to remove one of the things it's doing (probably Stun) and then it will be more inline with other spells. Or you could make a clear counter to that spell (I've recommend a Reflect spell that would work like Douse, specifically designed to counter lightning effects).

Jagunso and Jordizzle like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.